Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 24, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Joel Thompson missing crucial tackles again, two which lead to try's from nothing but arm grabbing.. I really don't see why people rate him, runs at the markers, gets gang tackled, slow play the balls and useless defence, I just don't get it.

Parker and Tafua really don't give us anything from the back. Parker had never broken a tackle.. Ever, Jorge made a few good runs, but also some terrible runs.

Giving jelly a break tonight, as he had come in in leaps and bounds.

Giogefski is pretty ordinary, lane should be on the edge.

Cherry played really well tonight as did afb, turbo X 2, tapau

As I've said before, we just have to many average players.

Effort was there, apart from Thompson.

Another game lost by under 6 points. We would have nailed these games in 2017, this year we’ve lost almost all of these close games.

Elgey has talent and good kicking game. That gets Walker back where he belongs

Need a winger( Anderson ??) class second rower and a no nonsense prop plus a coach with at least some idea and we make the eight. In 45 years watching the game I e never seen incompetent coaching of this magnitude.. The bench stuff must be a piss take surely. And what does he say to these blokes at half time!

At least with the talent we have hope remains. This is a roster with s few additions that is just crying out to improve.

I don’t forgive the sloppiness and ball security, but surely that hand on his head (Kelly) with downward pressure is a penalty any day of the week? Or maybe I’m just frustrated and delusional by now.
Downward pressure on the head only counts if you are an established first grader. Look at the b&llsh*t penalty awarded to Farah (established first grader) before the WT's last try. Couple that up with a deadset bu&lsh^t play the ball and there is your answer as to why league is such a farce !

I think we have a solid roster if we can keep it together and stick solid. We are a head case at the.moment and need a fresh start with a good coach
We have the makings of a good side... whoever the new coach is... I hope the very first thing they do is, punt Dan Ferris. We have some players with the potential to explode if they find some proper fitness.

Really? You can't tell me Parker, Suli, Kelly, Walker, Tafua would make any of the better teams.
Our backline is impotent and the worst defensive lineup I can remember.

So nothing wrong with the other 12 players tonight? Isn’t that something to work with?

Can’t disagree with defence though.

I would love to see Manly coached.

This is about the only coach that has been sighted in Manly for 3 seasons

manlycoach.png

Last edited:
15 seconds on the clock - it was the only play..
Yes mate it was the only way but it was not meant to be
OUr strike players showed us at times how we can compete but under this coach we cant complete and win .
DCE had a great game IMO

Elgey has talent and good kicking game. That gets Walker back where he belongs

Need a winger( Anderson ??) class second rower and a no nonsense prop plus a coach with at least some idea and we make the eight. In 45 years watching the game I e never seen incompetent coaching of this magnitude.. The bench stuff must be a piss take surely. And what does he say to these blokes at half time!

At least with the talent we have hope remains. This is a roster with s few additions that is just crying out to improve.
Walker back to Souths?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10