Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 24, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This here aint no fancy pants Happily Manly thread where you landlubbers get all the bells and whistles like yer mammy gave you when you were a poppin' baby.

This is a tough game day thread.

Leave yer whinin' outside and drink some hard liquor!

Manly v Tigers

sit down and shut up!

Thoughts and prayers go out to those in the Hawaiian islands threatened by Hurrican Lane but no sh!ts given to those in Townsville when they are DEVASTATED by our own Hurricane Lane!!!

I actually think we'll win this one.
On paper no reason why we wouldn't. Pretty evenly matched teams imo with us having the edge in the forwards. I'm gonna be home watching - if we go hard for the full 80 we could even put a score on them given they're virtually out of finals contention too. Time to check Manly 13+ odds. ya got me excited V8

On paper no reason why we wouldn't. Pretty evenly matched teams imo with us having the edge in the forwards. I'm gonna be home watching - if we go hard for the full 80 we could even put a score on them given they're virtually out of finals contention too. Time to check Manly 13+ odds. ya got me excited V8

I would say that even just with the Turbos, DCE, Kapow and Walker, on paper we ARE the better team.

As you say though.....we got to play for 80 minutes.

Other than the 54-0 smashing of Doesn't-matta, I can't remember a game we've won this year where its come off the back of an 80 minute performance. We've tended to win games by playing well in patches. Remember beating Canberra at Brookie? We basically put on a 15 minute spurt that won the game, but for the other 65 minutes we were average and luckily the Faders were mostly the same.

But we've also played well, then let our guard down way too many times. Melbourne, Penrith and the Titans games immediately spring to mind.

Put in 80 minutes tonight at Campbelltown and by rights we have the strike power to blow the Tigpies Finals hopes like Captain Tibbets in Enola Gay dropping Little Boy over Hiroshima.

Yeah wth did he do wrong??? Must be more to it. He was coming along ok I thought too. Mystifying

Considering that Barrett chose Paseka to actually start the game against Penrith when Marty got dropped to the bench...its strange that he's fallen from starter to not even being in the 17 just 3 and 4 weeks later. I didn't see him doing anything wrong out there other than IMO not having enough aggression in his game.

Considering that Barrett chose Paseka to actually start the game against Penrith when Marty got dropped to the bench...its strange that he's fallen from starter to not even being in the 17 just 3 and 4 weeks later. I didn't see him doing anything wrong out there other than IMO not having enough aggression in his game.
Maybe it's to give him a break? Playing prop in FG is pretty tough so maybe they decided to rotate the forwards.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7