Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 5, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm interested to see who will fall out when Lussick returns. He is too good to leave out in reggies, even for a week. I'd say he returns as a bench player for the first couple of weeks to earn the start back, barring injurys. Maybe Winterstein will fall off with Marty back to second row (unfortunately).. I'd rather see Brown go from the bench for Lussick.

I would suggest that Perrett will playing a game or two in reggies to earn his spot back. Not quite the proven track record of Lussick and I honestly can't think who would drop out....

Yeah - Marty will go to back row for Frankenstein and Perrett will be NSW cup. Frankenstein may take a bench spot from Brown or Hastings.

Staying at doonside for a couple off weeks and will be getting to this game on Friday.I am enjoying my footy at the moment and can not wait for this show down to begin.The last 2 wins for us has been a pleasure to witness and according to the way cherry evans and tom turbo were bonding last week it's a good sign we can keep this up.Tom turbo is just what cherry Evans needed in this side at this moment of the season and I do believe Tom to be an inspiration to the rest off the team and between him and jake they have done wonders to create a turn around at our club.And that's not an easy feat considering what has gone down.Tom was trying hard even when we were poor.Great sign.

I'm interested to see who will fall out when Lussick returns. He is too good to leave out in reggies, even for a week. I'd say he returns as a bench player for the first couple of weeks to earn the start back, barring injurys. Maybe Winterstein will fall off with Marty back to second row (unfortunately).. I'd rather see Brown go from the bench for Lussick.

I would suggest that Perrett will playing a game or two in reggies to earn his spot back. Not quite the proven track record of Lussick and I honestly can't think who would drop out....
Given how well Winterstein has held up in defence, I can't see Barrett making changes to our second row and rightly so. Highly likely that one of the utility roles would be dropped for Lussick with Lawrence dropping back to the bench once Lussick hits some form.

I'm more worried about the Roosters second row. We'll have to defend really well on the edges, particularly against Cordner.

Given how well Winterstein has held up in defence, I can't see Barrett making changes to our second row and rightly so. Highly likely that one of the utility roles would be dropped for Lussick with Lawrence dropping back to the bench once Lussick hits some form.

I'm more worried about the Roosters second row. We'll have to defend really well on the edges, particularly against Cordner.
We are playing the feather dusters at the right time straight after 2 comprehensive wins . We are primed and on heat !!!

b13b26e3_65388_molt3.jpg

Having Darcy available is always going to be a bonus but I thought I read somewhere that won't be available until round 6.

Don't worry feathered friend . The Sea eagles are in full flight
We are unstoppable .
View attachment 5141

Im always worried when cecchin is involved.

If the 7 dwarves played the harlem globetrotters in basketball and cecchin was the ref, well im Sure we all know where this is going and where the smart money would be

Especially if the globetrotters wore maroon

Can't see both Brown and Hastings maintaining their bench spots this week. We all know that trents hard on for Brown will see him in the top 17. I think we will see Hastings drop out for Perrett and the rest of the team will be unchanged.. Perret for Brown would be the ideal swap to ensure we have size available. We pretty much smashed the dogs last week with 2 interchanges as Brown and Hastings didn't get much game time at all. Can't see it being that way with the chooks to hopefully trent makes a change. As much as I want to see Hastings given a proper go, I would rather another forward on the bench this week.

This is one week not to drop Hastings

Playing against his former squad he will want to prove a point.

My bench
Hastings
AFB
Lane
Myles

Brown dropped not on form but just suits us for this game.

Guess who won the 2011 Grand final ? Sea eagles !!!
Guess who was Ref ? Your mate Cecchin

Oh !!! So now your going to cloud the issue with FACTS.

This story of yours is somewhat convenient and while true i an still entitled to my biased and unbased opinion. Its footy and all i and the globetrotters wish for is

Please no cecchin, please no cecchin

Can't see both Brown and Hastings maintaining their bench spots this week. We all know that trents hard on for Brown will see him in the top 17. I think we will see Hastings drop out for Perrett and the rest of the team will be unchanged.. Perret for Brown would be the ideal swap to ensure we have size available. We pretty much smashed the dogs last week with 2 interchanges as Brown and Hastings didn't get much game time at all. Can't see it being that way with the chooks to hopefully trent makes a change. As much as I want to see Hastings given a proper go, I would rather another forward on the bench this week.
I think Perrett is back in round 6 ?

Early Mail .

ROOSTERS v SEA EAGLES
6pm AEDT Friday at Allianz Stadium
Roosters
: Jake Friend is expected to return at hooker with Paul Carter dropping out of the side. Blake Ferguson is also set for a comeback from a rib injury in place of Joseph Manu.
Sea Eagles
: Manly’s front-row stocks will receive another boost with Darcy Lussick expected to return from a wrist injury. If he is named it’s likely to be on the bench at the expense of Lewis Brown.

Early Mail .

ROOSTERS v SEA EAGLES
Roosters
: Jake Friend is expected to return at hooker with Paul Carter dropping out of the side. Blake Ferguson is also set for a comeback from a rib injury in place of Joseph Manu.
Sea Eagles
: Manly’s front-row stocks will receive another boost with Darcy Lussick expected to return from a wrist injury. If he is named it’s likely to be on the bench at the expense of Lewis Brown.
Would be awesome but just can't see it happening. Baz is super loyal to the Api's/Brown's of the world. I think he would get a lot of respect (especially of this forum's members) if he put Lussick in for Brown but let's wait and see! Lussick back would be a huge boost for us! And yes, I thought that I did read that Perret was back but he won't play if Lussick comes back, unless Baz drops Frankenstein and moves Kapow to second row which I hope doesnt happen!

Im always worried when cecchin is involved.

If the 7 dwarves played the harlem globetrotters in basketball and cecchin was the ref, well im Sure we all know where this is going and where the smart money would be

Especially if the globetrotters wore maroon

Yeah but that'd be 7 v 5... totally unfair to the globetrotters!

Early Mail .

ROOSTERS v SEA EAGLES
Roosters
Sea Eagles
YAY, finally brown can leave the squad

Now we look far stronger without the weight of Lewis's name showing in the team list

For everyone (including myself) calling for Brown to be dropped, I think we can forget it. Remember that before the season, as a senior player Brown was made part of the squad's leadership group so I can't see TB dropping him any time soon.

When Darcy does come back I would not be surprised to see Hastings the one who ends up back at Blacktown with Brown retaining the utility hooker role.

And I wouldn't mind seeing TB continue to use Marty Taupau as a prop rather than a back rower. 20-30 minute periods would suit his power game more than 80 minutes as an edge running back rower.

For everyone (including myself) calling for Brown to be dropped, I think we can forget it. Remember that before the season, as a senior player Brown was made part of the squad's leadership group so I can't see TB dropping him any time soon.

When Darcy does come back I would not be surprised to see Hastings the one who ends up back at Blacktown with Brown retaining the utility hooker role.

And I wouldn't mind seeing TB continue to use Marty Taupau as a prop rather than a back rower. 20-30 minute periods would suit his power game more than 80 minutes as an edge running back rower.
I agree that Marty at prop gives us authority up front
Brown may be a senior player but if he continues to play like a senior he will be given a gold pass to Blacktown .
We cant afford to keep having him in our 17 ahead of horny and hungry young talented players
Watch this space ....
opal2.jpg

Anyone going out to the game
Bay 39-40 are our allocated bays
I am going out should be a really good indicator of where we are at.

The way I see it is a win win situation.
We are clearly not going in as favourites and I don't expect us to win but this game will show us what areas we need to work on.

If we give away to much ball, I see a score line of 34-14
If we play like the last 2 weeks 22-14 to the roosters.

Still going to got out and support the boys, hope to see many fans in both bays 39-40 let's make our boys know they have our support.

sadly you're probably right

Anyone going out to the game
Bay 39-40 are our allocated bays
I am going out should be a really good indicator of where we are at.

The way I see it is a win win situation.
We are clearly not going in as favourites and I don't expect us to win but this game will show us what areas we need to work on.

If we give away to much ball, I see a score line of 34-14
If we play like the last 2 weeks 22-14 to the roosters.

Still going to got out and support the boys, hope to see many fans in both bays 39-40 let's make our boys know they have our support.
I hope to finish work on time to get there
You cant see us winning you say ? Mate, you sound like a good bloke but you need to get your eyes checked
The blind could not see us winning against the Cows or the Dogs as well and we screwed them big time .
The roosters are in for a shock !!!
imagesU6OC9OKE.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8