Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 5, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not sure why you wouldnt bring Perrett or Lane into the 17. They have a massive pack and we need every bit of help we can get! Brown and Hastings is a waste. Hastings would be such a better pick, can play 1-9 to a good level and can kick! And if for whatever reason we had multiple injuries in the forwards, as a last resort you could play Green at lock and Hastings at 6.
Brown can play hooker well, and that's about it...

Bainbridge has been picked to play in the Holden Cup so he does not appear to be injured. And he is not on the extended bench for the first grade team so unfortunately there is next to no chance of him playing in first grade this weekend.

Not sure why you wouldnt bring Perrett or Lane into the 17. They have a massive pack and we need every bit of help we can get! Brown and Hastings is a waste. Hastings would be such a better pick, can play 1-9 to a good level and can kick! And if for whatever reason we had multiple injuries in the forwards, as a last resort you could play Green at lock and Hastings at 6.
Brown can play hooker well, and that's about it...

Both Perrett and Lane have been named

Perrett is recovering from a fractured eye socket. He has been named in jersey 22 which to me sounds like he is a late inclusion into the 21 so very unlikely to be ready but Baz has allowed himself to use him if he can. If he wasn't thinking about it then why bother wasting a spot.

Lane by all reports was woeful last week, especially defence not even NSW cup standard.

Now you know why.

PS the same thing was written last week about eh dogs having the biggest pack in the league.

Perrett is recovering from a fractured eye socket. He has been named in jersey 22 which to me sounds like he is a late inclusion into the 21 so very unlikely to be ready but Baz has allowed himself to use him if he can. If he wasn't thinking about it then why bother wasting a spot.

Lane by all reports was woeful last week, especially defence not even NSW cup standard.

Now you know why.

PS the same thing was written last week about eh dogs having the biggest pack in the league.
I was at the game last week and from what I saw Lane did well
What reports are you talking about ?

Bainbridge has been picked to play in the Holden Cup so he does not appear to be injured. And he is not on the extended bench for the first grade team so unfortunately there is next to no chance of him playing in first grade this weekend.

no chance of him playing but who knows how he pulled up after his first full hit out? Might have a few niggles to get right.

I was at the game last week and from what I saw Lane did well
What reports are you talking about ?

plenty of posters reported his defence was poor.

If you managed to miss all of them then I will have to assume your observations of Lane to be just as accurate

Now you know why.

We barely used both Brown and Hastings last week which shows how average the dogs are at the moment. Their forwards, like their whole side is in poor form. You can't say the same about the roosters. I personally think not putting another prop or big second rower on the bench would be a mistake but happy to be proven wrong

I don't think we have to worry about the size of opposition packs any longer. Our pack is now as big as any of them, and they all look ripped. What I like is that our forwards are now off-loading, which is how breaks occur. Most of our forwards are also mobile and fast.
If we play like we did against Easts we'll beat any team.

We barely used both Brown and Hastings last week which shows how average the dogs are at the moment. Their forwards, like their whole side is in poor form. You can't say the same about the roosters. I personally think not putting another prop or big second rower on the bench would be a mistake but happy to be proven wrong

ou need to have someone worthwhile

defence is winning us games s if Lane is as bad as most are reporting then that is a huge risk and Perrett is obviously a serious thought to be named in 22.

I don't think we have to worry about the size of opposition packs any longer. Our pack is now as big as any of them, and they all look ripped. What I like is that our forwards are now off-loading, which is how breaks occur. Most of our forwards are also mobile and fast.
Our offloads aren't just thrown out just anywhere anymore either. I think Barrett has made it a point last week to keep the ball and only offload when you can pass it to someone else.

Great! So we win. What's the score?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10