Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 7, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I wanted to wait until I could watch the game uninterrupted...

I don't know how you guys watch it live.

A few times I was skipping forward in 15 second chunks when the raiders had the ball as I couldn't take it.

So well done you guys.

What’s a good red, Gorbachov...

giphy.gif

i'm in NZ. It's dark. It's cold. It's raining. My NRL app didn't work due to no telstra access. When I tuned in to ABC radio on wifi it was 12 nil to the Raider after 12 minutes.
My face was sad. From then on it was good - apart from injuries. Sad face reversed.:D
Our little underdogs like Brad Parker and Lachlan Croker are doing us proud.
Go Manly!
Congrats on your try Marty.

I'll be the first to admit.....after Croker missed 3 early tackles and they scored twice I did think "here we go again".

But this team under Des is made of steely stuff and Croker today turned it around and surprised me with how he ended up going.

It was a pleasant surprise especially given that we lost Cherry.

What I did like though was that Des didn't do what Barrett would have done and put Api straight into the halves when Cherry went off. He put Jetski into the back row and moved Siro to pivot. It worked and I thought Curtis had his best game all year.

What I did like though was that Des didn't do what Barrett would have done and put Api straight into the halves when Cherry went off. He put Jetski into the back row and moved Siro to pivot. It worked and I thought Curtis had his best game all year.

Best part was all the forwards stepping up with an offload based attack.
Waddell Jetski and Jake all ball playing at times, Sirro was immense after Cherry left.

Great team effort.

Brilliant performance. We dominated them for most of the game. A few defensive lapses from Croker and Garrick aside we were brilliant. Both these players more than made up for it, but Croker will have to commit to the up and in style in the future.

Waddel and Siro was super impressive as were our back 5. Jake was a monster in the middle as always and Fainu is going to be an absolute superstar. Brad Parker and Suli were probably our best, they defended on our line brilliantly, ran hard and were instrumental in a few tries. Just goes to show you don’t need superstar centres when you have Des to develop them.

We might struggle without DCE next week but hopefully AFB will be back and Croker/Elgey can recognise the opportunity to live up to their talent.

Yeah, but Dessie isn’t a 42% coach... he also knows a bit about defence and gets the best out of his players on a regular basis. He’s made five grand finals, 16 final series, and won a couple of premierships. We’ll be right.

Give it a rest, will ya! You sound like a Dragon's fan in April.

NRL physio:

Concern by video for Daly Cherry-Evans is right syndesmosis injury (high ankle sprain) as foot gets caught under & turned out here. Was able to walk off unassisted. General guide for recovery if confirmed:

Gr1: 1-4 wks

Gr2: 4-8 wks

Gr3: 8-10 wks
“Nrl physio” is of course not THE nrl physio. It is a Twitter person.

Need to unleash the offloads today with players pushing up. We need points against raiders and our strikeless back 5 won’t be enough to beat the raiders. Taupau and Jake have clearly been told not to offload by des, we are going to need to throw everything at them this week. Conservative won’t get it done.

Carn boys,

Thanks for the ironstine rating @Cameron looks like you really know your footy, the offloads went a long way to getting that win

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8