Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 7, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Jake should change his name to something 3 or 4 syllables long.

If you listen out for it...all game long the ref's are going:

Jake! Jake! Jake, get square, Jake....release, Jake do this, jake do friggen that. The poor bugger must get a headache just from the ref's bleating every game.

If it was triantiwongagongolope or something.... they may leave him alone!

I think Jake should change his name to something 3 or 4 syllables long.

If you listen out for it...all game long the ref's are going:

Jake! Jake! Jake, get square, Jake....release, Jake do this, jake do friggen that. The poor bugger must get a headache just from the ref's bleating every game.

If it was triantiwongagongolope or something.... they may leave him alone!
Triantiwantigongalope

Give it a rest, will ya! You sound like a Dragon's fan in April.
I know mate... how dare I enjoy the courage and progress which the side is currently displaying. Do you disagree with the statistics I posted regarding Dessie’s coaching record?

Perhaps you might be able to recommend a nice vintage bottle of misery for me... then I can partake in your sniping missions towards anybody who is remotely positive. We could gas light them into becoming a serial whiner, while shedding a few tears about how good Silvertails was back in the day.

Where's @BOZO , he'll be pumped and rightfully so.

We are all pumped mate because at the end of the day we all are passionate about our team and we do not like losing

We have all questioned certain players ability of stepping up and we have all been proven wrong by this team

I am very happy to have been proven wrong about the ability that Croker had and I was thrilled and very proud of his resilient display today under adversity .

Congratulation Lachlan and I hope you keep that fantastic play going as I am looking forward to joining @Woodsie and the rest of the believers in you here as one of my favourites .

Every body loves a winner Lachlan and today you and all the boys are just that !!!

Takes me back.

Back to when I proof read that for C.J. Dennis originally.

That's right, back in 1921.

I am the highlander, there can be only one.

OK, I'm not...though that's what the highlander would say....!

I wonder if the reports tomorrow will all be about dce's injury and how it effects Qld origin...and the 'lopsided' penalty count.

I will sup their tears with glee.

Brilliant performance. We dominated them for most of the game. A few defensive lapses from Croker and Garrick aside we were brilliant. Both these players more than made up for it, but Croker will have to commit to the up and in style in the future.

Waddel and Siro was super impressive as were our back 5. Jake was a monster in the middle as always and Fainu is going to be an absolute superstar. Brad Parker and Suli were probably our best, they defended on our line brilliantly, ran hard and were instrumental in a few tries. Just goes to show you don’t need superstar centres when you have Des to develop them.

We might struggle without DCE next week but hopefully AFB will be back and Croker/Elgey can recognise the opportunity to live up to their talent.

My only complaint about Garrick is his defence. I know he's only played 7 first grade games, but if he ever wants to be an NRL centre he is definitely going to have to improve that part of his game. Right now he's definitely not got the defensive game required to be a centre, but he is going OK on the wing.

My only complaint about Garrick is his defence. I know he's only played 7 first grade games, but if he ever wants to be an NRL centre he is definitely going to have to improve that part of his game. Right now he's definitely not got the defensive game required to be a centre, but he is going OK on the wing.
Yep... no way you’d move him in off the wing at this stage of his career.

At 12 zip I thought fark me... Were in for it here.. But this is the new "old" Manly... Never say die.....& I like it...
How good is is it having Hasler back in charge.
Raiders have the best D in the comp with only -11 points a game.

Manly blasted in 24 with a held up try to boot :rock:

Raiders didn't score from the 10th to the 78th minute - amazing D Manly :party:

Last edited:
@Mark from Brisbane

Sorry mate but I have to call you out on this. Weren't you (and it must be said, you weren't alone) saying before the season started that we would be 0-7 by this stage?

I bet you have never been more glad to be wrong when it comes to football predictions :rofl:

Told ya so, told ya so, told ya so!

What is that old quote about hindsight? Everybody can be a prophet when looking backwards...

That last Raiders try was down to Gazza 'assuming' something about the loose ball instead of killing it :nerd:

He'll learn to focus

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8