Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 7, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just in WHAT A WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eagle Rock blasting in my head (I have a headache lol)
Thought I would read the game day thread...........first........
Headaches worse......nuff from me
GO MANLY WHOOOOOT
DOIN THE EAGLE ROCK....................................................................

That’s the closest I’ve ever seen sticky get to a gracious and sportsman like loosing summation. He actually admitted that the penalties were warranted and that the Raiders were out played.

Yep, life is so much easier in hindsight!!
Ive also found that holding back one’s tongue from spewing forth tantrum like, emotive responses can sometimes help as well. Particularly when an 80 minute game is less than ten minutes in. I have learnt this from experience (hindsight perhaps) after shooting my mouth off like a drunken teenager and looking the fool.

Good to hear gift and Toovey were lurking about, in what capacity I wonder?

I went off half cocked at the start of this game. But emotional reactions happen in real time, not with retrospect, just because we win it doesn’t detract from the fact those first two tries were soft as. Glad we had the resolve to come back

Ive also found that holding back one’s tongue from spewing forth tantrum like, emotive responses can sometimes help as well. Particularly when an 80 minute game is less than ten minutes in. I have learnt this from experience (hindsight perhaps) after shooting my mouth off like a drunken teenager and looking the fool.
Me too. It is not an easy lesson, but one that really does elevate you to a higher state, sometimes. So easy to fire up and charge in all guns blazing...takes a big man to put the fists/pen/mouth away and think about the bigger picture.

Me too. It is not an easy lesson, but one that really does elevate you to a higher state, sometimes. So easy to fire up and charge in all guns blazing...takes a big man to put the fists/pen/mouth away and think about the bigger picture.
P.s. - Captain Kirk is my inspiration...

That win just gets even better the more it sinks in.

That Toovey was back at Brookvale today just makes it even better.

Manly Manly Manly.

I came home from the game and was buzzing. I had just watched a sensational, brave effort from a team of no-names and came on here expecting that everyone else was also on a high. 10 pages in, I was totally embarrassed to be a Sea Eagles fan. So many fair weather supporters on here - the usual suspects. There are also some great supporters but unfortunately the couple of shockers make my blood boil.

I know I’ll cop lots of s#$t for this but I don’t care any more. So many baggers of players trying their guts out. I’d hate to be in the trenches with some of you. And yes, a forum is only a forum with differing views but some of the crap (plenty of personal views too, not just footy related) that gets put on players - those posters can get stuffed!

Sorry for the rant.

Manly Victory Song

We are the Manly boys,
We had a win today,
We are the boys you know of
We showed them how to play,
No matter where we’ll be
Maroon and White you'll see,
Oh aren’t we a wonderful credit
To our locality,
So cheer boys cheer,
We are together,
Every now and then we have a win…..have a win
We will play them all around
At our home or any ground,
If they’ll always play a fair and honest game
So it’s GUZZZLE GUZZLE GUZZLE
As we pour it down our muzzle,
And sing out the order loud and clear, 'MORE BEER',
And we will drink all night
Until we are very tired
In the shade of the Manly Leagues Club.

https://silvertails.net/threads/manly-sea-eagles-supporter-songs-and-chants.42031/

Hey @Dan , I couldn't find the link to the 'Manly Sea Eagles Supporter Songs and Chants' thread in the top drop down menus anymore. I had to wade through 2 years of my postings to find the link.

By back tracing the above link, I have since found that it is now in the FORUMS section after you click on 'FORUMS' and the new widow opens up. Is there any chance that you could create a drop down menu under the 'FORUMS' to make it (and the other forums) easier to find and select without having to open up the new window?

That’s the closest I’ve ever seen sticky get to a gracious and sportsman like loosing summation. He actually admitted that the penalties were warranted and that the Raiders were out played.
All true. But not to be a lead balloon (as I become a lead balloon!), but can anyone see us winning a penalty count 13-5 for the rest of the season?....seriously.

giphy.gif

The way I see it, the people who ride the highs and lows are just very passionate. Not saying those that are more even keeled aren't.

Plus, you yourself said people need thicker skins, and it's just standard Aussie practice to rip each other.

If people are frustrated or upset about 12 - 0 after 10 minutes , so be it. Vent away. I enjoy the empathy and passion behind it.

Sitting back , saying "it's 80 minutes, we'll come good" is fine, but kinda boring. Get into it mate. Rip in. Scream at the highs, scream at the lows. Way more fun and exciting that way.

Bring on the passion. Even the most positive and supportive fans have players, and things about the team that makes them rage. Let us know about it man, makes the place fun and entertaining.

Just try and do it all with respect to each other.

P.S. Just watched the second half. Croker controlled it all VERY well. There are some unsung heroes this season:

Waddell, Garrick, Fainu, Gosweiski and now hopefully Croker is stepping up. (This means they can have a clunker, but that's okay. All players do at times).

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8