Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 7, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The way I see it, the people who ride the highs and lows are just very passionate. Not saying those that are more even keeled aren't.

Plus, you yourself said people need thicker skins, and it's just standard Aussie practice to rip each other.

If people are frustrated or upset about 12 - 0 after 10 minutes , so be it. Vent away. I enjoy the empathy and passion behind it.

Sitting back , saying "it's 80 minutes, we'll come good" is fine, but kinda boring. Get into it mate. Rip in. Scream at the highs, scream at the lows. Way more fun and exciting that way.

Bring on the passion. Even the most positive and supportive fans have players, and things about the team that makes them rage. Let us know about it man, makes the place fun and entertaining.

Just try and do it all with respect to each other.

P.S. Just watched the second half. Croker controlled it all VERY well. There are some unsung heroes this season:

Waddell, Garrick, Fainu, Gosweiski and now hopefully Croker is stepping up. (This means they can have a clunker, but that's okay. All players do at times).
Riding the highs and lows is one thing and we all do it but some people go to far and start bagging our players and coach 15 mins into a game after one mistake. I think it's fair to say the Sea Eagles of 2019 have proved to be playing for each other and improved greatly over the previous few years so let's cut them a bit of slack and support them.

Triantiwantigongalope Trbojevic.

How would they fit that on a footy card?

"Correctly!"

Enjoyed Des' press conference, especially towards the end.

Asked about if there's anything personal about playing the dogs and laughed, said it was 2 years ago.

Almost simultaneously (thank you spell check) a journo said they have a week to make something up and Des says the media has a week to make something up. (lol).

The last comment about the surface was funny. I presume it was thrown out there in jest and the... Oooooh...uh oh...Oooooh look Des gave was funny.

Didn't Mr. Cousins shut it down quickly then?!

journo: 3 injuries Des... must be the surface!
Des: Oooooh....
Wanye: THANK YOU, next.

Edit: wait a mo... go watch it yerselves ya lazybones!

The way I see it, the people who ride the highs and lows are just very passionate. Not saying those that are more even keeled aren't.

Plus, you yourself said people need thicker skins, and it's just standard Aussie practice to rip each other.

If people are frustrated or upset about 12 - 0 after 10 minutes , so be it. Vent away. I enjoy the empathy and passion behind it.

Sitting back , saying "it's 80 minutes, we'll come good" is fine, but kinda boring. Get into it mate. Rip in. Scream at the highs, scream at the lows. Way more fun and exciting that way.

Bring on the passion. Even the most positive and supportive fans have players, and things about the team that makes them rage. Let us know about it man, makes the place fun and entertaining.

Just try and do it all with respect to each other.

P.S. Just watched the second half. Croker controlled it all VERY well. There are some unsung heroes this season:

Waddell, Garrick, Fainu, Gosweiski and now hopefully Croker is stepping up. (This means they can have a clunker, but that's okay. All players do at times).
Good luck to you champion... I don’t get offended by any of the stuff you post. You are entitled to express yourself however you choose... if you rage inside a thread it doesn’t make you any less of a supporter than someone who chooses not to, and vice versa. It would be a very bland and colourless platform if we all behaved in a uniform like manner on here, that’s for certain. At the end of the day we all support the same club, and I take much of what is posted on here with a grain of salt, as I’m sure most do with the stuff that I throw out.

We are all pumped mate because at the end of the day we all are passionate about our team and we do not like losing

We have all questioned certain players ability of stepping up and we have all been proven wrong by this team

I am very happy to have been proven wrong about the ability that Croker had and I was thrilled and very proud of his resilient display today under adversity .

Congratulation Lachlan and I hope you keep that fantastic play going as I am looking forward to joining @Woodsie and the rest of the believers in you here as one of my favourites .

Every body loves a winner Lachlan and today you and all the boys are just that !!!

.... isn't it amazing .... 500 post bagging the shiite out of a 20 year old kid, arguing with anybody and everybody that dared give the kid some benefit of the doubt .... calling him a cancer in the team and abusing Baz for persisting with him ....

... and then this above shiite .... I am proud of him ... nothing to see here, let's move on .... no shame whatsoever ....

I would like to think Bozo that you won't be so quick to pile crap upon crap on good young blokes in the future ... but I'm not confident ...

Riding the highs and lows is one thing and we all do it but some people go to far and start bagging our players and coach 15 mins into a game after one mistake. I think it's fair to say the Sea Eagles of 2019 have proved to be playing for each other and improved greatly over the previous few years so let's cut them a bit of slack and support them.

Yeah , but again, it's their perogative. Not saying YOU do this, but rather than saying, you're a dickhead, you're a negative blah blah blah (which is the Burrow and Kennel like), empathise, and have fun with it.

That's all I'm saying.

Game day threads are ALL about the rage. Anger and frustration one minute, elation the very next.

Just go with it, and have fun. Why debunk other people for showing emotion? Because it isn't the way you want them to?

People's ideas may be way off, sure. But that doesn't discount them as a human. Not should it diminish respect for them.

Yeah , but again, it's their perogative. Not saying YOU do this, but rather than saying, you're a dickhead, you're a negative blah blah blah (which is the Burrow and Kennel like), empathise, and have fun with it.

That's all I'm saying.

Game day threads are ALL about the rage. Anger and frustration one minute, elation the very next.

Just go with it, and have fun. Why debunk other people for showing emotion? Because it isn't the way you want them to?

People's ideas may be way off, sure. But that doesn't discount them as a human. Not should it diminish respect for them.
Sorry i'm not buying it, Bagging out players on a team that you are suppose to support and trying to sell it as being passionate does not make sense to me. Let's put it this way, you should not say anything about a player on an internet forum that you would not say to their face, some of the vitriol i see is quite frankly disgusting. I expect it on the Kennel perhaps, but not here.

Edit: Anyway as you say its ones prerogative to say what they want in the game thread so have at it, but i don't have to agree with it.

Last edited:
Manly SeaBirds are commemorating 25 years of cheering Manly

Capture+_2019-04-29-15-40-14.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwyehwCBXFf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Last edited:
Might be a bit late but my take home points from yesterdays game are

1. A Massive hangover
2. Des is a bloody genius with his master stroke of not only selecting Croker over LG but waiting till the last moment to announce it.
3. Croker grabbed his chance with both hands after a rocky start, enough to give himself every opportunity to have another dig.
4. In doing so he put rotten egg all over floggy
5. Love having both Api and Fainu to call on
6 The whole team gave it their all for the result, they say ad nauseam about qlders growing when they pull their jumper on, well, fark me if I am wrong but OUR TEAM look they are playing out of their skin and well above anyone's expectations.... well done.

7 A bit disappointing to see some comments after the game but such is, passion is a funny thing, then I came across this pearl of wisdom,
-
Ive also found that holding back one’s tongue from spewing forth tantrum like, emotive responses can sometimes help as well. Particularly when an 80 minute game is less than ten minutes in. I have learnt this from experience (hindsight perhaps) after shooting my mouth off like a drunken teenager and looking the fool.

Lets not understate this, this is the stuff of Freud, John Loche, Yoda even...
tabula rasa @Kevinward777 very good point and a few could do worse than head that wise advice ....LOL

Now where's the panadol

888EE13C-42B8-4240-BD28-CAB9A985C0E7.jpeg
View attachment 11298

This bloke said gday too

For those you thought they saw Gifty turn up for the first time in 5 years

You were right

Once the word got out
The place was swamped with legends

PS

2V in the same box having beers with the bros

For those not ready to understand
We are back !!!!!!
There is no player that does not want to be a sea eagle and want to succeed as a squad
None will let us down

Made my debut at warf bar and boat shed
Even had the 1am kebab and pizza
It was a privilege to hear the boys talk and lovev the club

Go Manly

View attachment 11299

For those you thought they saw Gifty turn up for the first time in 5 years

You were right

Once the word got out
The place was swamped with legends

PS

2V in the same box having beers with the bros

For those not ready to understand
We are back !!!!!!
There is no player that does not want to be a sea eagle and want to succeed as a squad
None will let us down

Made my debut at warf bar and boat shed
Even had the 1am kebab and pizza
It was a privilege to hear the boys talk and lovev the club

Go Manly
Awesome pics @Go manly, but if you cop a random right jab in the ribs it might be from me as pay back for making me jealous! Any talk of Watmough wanting to bury the hatchet?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4