Pre-Game Manly v Raiders [Round 4, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

25 6
Glen Willow Stadium
02 Apr 2022 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Journey Man
Me too to a point but I always ask who do we play instead? I just don't know if kool-aid is ready. He's close im sure but the raiders 3/4 line is fierce.
With Aloiai back, there a solid forward about to get dropped because of Des insistence of two utilities on the bench.

Swap Walker to centre. Use Tuipuloto or Koula ...anything is better , and then Aloiai slots in and no-one else is dropped but Harper

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I would like to see Manly play a game without it pouring down rain. I haven't checked but I think the weather is holding for this weeks game?

Hoping Aloiai has a good a game that we're all hoping he does. No pressure!

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The ref we have this week is the one who felt 'really bad' about not sending the tigers try up to the bunker.

So we'll see how 'decision-shy' he is this week.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
With Aloiai back, there a solid forward about to get dropped because of Des insistence of two utilities on the bench.

In the modern game with HIAs rampant I dont mind this strategy as Lawton is equal parts edge backrow as he is Hooker and Walker is playing lock.

Penrith have it with Kenny and Salmon on the bench, Sharks with McInnes and Trindall, Broncos with Hethrington and Walters. Heck Storm led the way with Smith and Hynes.

With the current bench we have all scenarios covered.

And whilst its easy to say our forward aren't aiming up add another big bopper the truth is 4 props should be plenty. The curent foreards just need to up their game.

I mean last week Marty played 40 minutes and Paseka and Bullemor 26 each......another big bopper not need just greater output from the big boppers picked

Eagle 1

First Grader
I would like to see Manly play a game without it pouring down rain. I haven't checked but I think the weather is holding for this weeks game?

Hoping Aloiai has a good a game that we're all hoping he does. No pressure!
He's on an extended bench, hoping Des picks him in the 13. Aloia's straight had runs will be needed against the Raiders forwards.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In the modern game with HIAs rampant I dont mind this strategy as Lawton is equal parts edge backrow as he is Hooker and Walker is playing lock.

Penrith have it with Kenny and Salmon on the bench, Sharks with McInnes and Trindall, Broncos with Hethrington and Walters. Heck Storm led the way with Smith and Hynes.

And whilst its easy to say our forward aren't aiming up add another big bopper the truth is 4 props should be plenty. The curent foreards just need to up their game.

I mean last week Marty played 40 minutes and Paseka and Bullemor 26 each......another big bopper not need just greater output from the big boppers picked
The Forwards are where the majority of our problems lie.

They are about as intimidating as my little finger.

double hoops

First Grader

And we count Jake as a prop. Walker is owning lock. And coming on earlier and earlier.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

walker and lawnton is good, if we dont have jake playing so much first receiver and his rotation can get can a bit of mongrel back in pack minutes, and when we dont play schuster in the back row for same reason .

frog can also rotate to keep the dynamic moving along as he is tidy in a few positions

our attacking options need to me more focussed and direct

Eagle 1

First Grader
The Forwards are where the majority of our problems lie.

They are about as intimidating as my little finger.
Thought we went ok against a big Bulldogs pack, and defended the middle quite well. They scored from a fumble and long range grubber in the corner. Looking for further improvement on Sat, but you're right Mark, we need to up the ante...

Ryan

Journey Man

How's that working for us though?

manly al

First Grader
Think that most of Manly "s games this season are going to be challenging , apart from the previous front runners , quite a few of the lower ranked sides from 2021 have improved or have better personal now . Not going to be easy against the Raiders , competitive side , strong forward line up and some very willing and capable backs . If Manly can not correct their previous and regular high mistake rate , can ;t see them getting the better of the Raiders . Koula did well against the Raiders in the trial and on any measure , really should have replaced Harper . Manly have shown that they can largely hang in there in defence , hopefully getting closer to clicking better in attack , especially on an expected dry track , just have to hang on to the pill and not put themselves under undue pressure and to built their own pressure accordingly . Still think that they can use Oloka - atu and naturally Turbo better , maybe Alioia if he is match fit can add a bit of starch to the pack . Walker proving a good X factor , Davey should get better . , Some players still need to lift but again if the cheap turn overs can "t be fixed , going to make it hard for themselves again .. .

KaZa

Bencher
I'm amazed Sipley is so out of favour with Des. Makes more metres than anyone of our forwards. He hits hard with his defence (besides Keppie nobody does). Ok he has a few lateral defending issues but they all do really. The impact sippers provides rather than having two utilities is huge.

manly al

First Grader
I'm amazed Sipley is so out of favour with Des. Makes more metres than anyone of our forwards. He hits hard with his defence (besides Keppie nobody does). Ok he has a few lateral defending issues but they all do really. The impact sippers provides rather than having two utilities is huge.
Maybe carrying a slight injury but also to take into account that Jake is spending a fair bit of time as a prop now with Walker getting more on field time . . Just wonder if he could offer better impact then Marty , then Alioia back into contention now also .. Bullemor with a bit to offer also , Really should be doing better with the current forward pack depth , hopefully will fall into place quits soon .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14