Pre-Game Manly v Raiders [Round 4, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

25 6
Glen Willow Stadium
02 Apr 2022 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullemor has been really good, Idk who will be out
Bullemor's upside is that he can play middle or edge, has reasonable endurance (he's young), is trying very hard to impress at a new club in his first year, is a decent size, and is faster than all our other forwards (and some of our backs).

Unless he suffers a loss of confidence / starts making a lot of mistakes, or errors / bad reads in defence, I'll bet that Des perseveres with him in the side somewhere. I'll predict a bench role.

Davey has also shown a lot of application in his last two games, and has shown that he's not afraid to mix it up in the middle as well as the edges. Tall, big for a second rower, he has a run and a step. Starting second row for him, at least till Schuster gets back.

Ola'katau is a weapon, his spot is in no danger if he stays healthy.

Lawton's versatility is a 'get out of jail card' for a coach - he will be on the bench. A player who can play 9, second-row, and probably centre at a pinch and do all of it competently and enthusiastically won't lose his spot.

Walker got (I believe) over 100 metres through the middle last game; a 'slow' wet game where middle metres were hard to come by - and not playing for 80 minutes makes it more noteworthy. He won't be dropped, he will remain 'super-sub' attacking lock from the bench. Jake has the motor to play big minutes, and this facilitates Walker's current role.

Tapau & Paseka - the master and the apprentice? One will start, one off the bench. Both are there for size and forward metres. Their fortunes rise and fall off the back of that.

Keppie has size, courage, intimidation factor, will take it up through the middle, and has great front on defense. Limited lateral movement, perceptions of limited speed and perhaps the odd mistake (mostly due to inexperience) may go against him. If Aloiai plays, Keppie's position may be in most danger.

I think today's team sheet may read:

Turbo
Garrick
Parker
Harper
Saab
Foran
Cherry-Evans
Aloiai
Croaker
Tapau
Ola'katau
Davey
Jurbo

Walker
Lawton
Paseka
Bullemor

Keppie (18th man)

Mudgee weather.PNG

Bullemor's upside is that he can play middle or edge, has reasonable endurance (he's young), is trying very hard to impress at a new club in his first year, is a decent size, and is faster than all our other forwards (and some of our backs).

Unless he suffers a loss of confidence / starts making a lot of mistakes, or errors / bad reads in defence, I'll bet that Des perseveres with him in the side somewhere. I'll predict a bench role.

Davey has also shown a lot of application in his last two games, and has shown that he's not afraid to mix it up in the middle as well as the edges. Tall, big for a second rower, he has a run and a step. Starting second row for him, at least till Schuster gets back.

Lawton's versatility is a 'get out of jail card' for a coach - he will be on the bench. A player who can play 9, second-row, and probably centre at a pinch and do all of it competently and enthusiastically won't lose his spot.

Walker got (I believe) over 100 metres through the middle last game; a 'slow' wet game where middle metres were hard to come by - and not playing for 80 minutes makes it more noteworthy. He won't be dropped, he will remain 'super-sub' attacking lock from the bench. Jake has the motor to play big minutes, and this facilitates Walker's current role.

Tapau & Paseka - the master and the apprentice? One will start, one off the bench. Both are there for size and forward metres. Their fortunes rise and fall off the back of that.

Keppie has size, courage, intimidation factor, will take it up through the middle, and has great front on defense. Limited lateral movement, perceptions of limited speed and perhaps the odd mistake (mostly due to inexperience) may go against him. If Aloiai plays, Keppie's position may be in most danger.

Turbo
Garrick
Parker
Harper
Saab
Foran
Cherry-Evans
Aloiai
Croaker
Tapau
Ola'katau
Davey
Jurbo

Walker
Lawton
Paseka
Bullemor

Keppie (18th man)
Pretty much my team also, only change for me would be Keppie in. Marty 18th man.

Yep agree. I can’t stomach Marty at the moment. Going through the motions. It’s puzzling given he is looking for a contract for next year.
Think he knows, no matter what, it's going to be significantly lower than what he's getting now. Think he's 32 now, I'd be thinking super league if he's chasing better coin.

You have to accommodate Lawton, but include Aloiai. You can't just drop Keppie either. The only other remedy in my mind (kills two birds with one stone - and remember Turbo roamed as a centre in SOO):

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Brad Parker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Sean Keppie
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Marty Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Andrew Davey
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Ethan Bullemor

Strengthens the whole team.

Sadly I don’t think a 1 point win against the Bulldogs ( whilst getting the 2 points ) has turned our season around.

Compared to most other teams we are still very VERY ordinary.

I’m expecting an arse whipping to be honest.

Hope they prove me wrong.
Agree Mark, I'm not too confident to either, we may have got the one point win, but unlike last year against warriors, this one still felt like a loss, I don't think I have ever felt that way after a win ?
Comes back who's selected for me, Harper needs a rest, whether that is Koula or Jorg getting his spot,hopefully Aloiai comes in for some added aggression and starch, just small changes would improve my confidence. Shu would be awesome but not holding out for that, guess will see soon enough

Hope you are continuing to improve

Agree Mark, I'm not too confident to either, we may have got the one point win, but unlike last year against warriors, this one still felt like a loss, I don't think I have ever felt that way after a win ?
Comes back who's selected for me, Harper needs a rest, whether that is Koula or Jorg getting his spot,hopefully Aloiai comes in for some added aggression and starch, just small changes would improve my confidence. Shu would be awesome but not holding out for that, guess will see soon enough

Hope you are continuing to improve
Yes slow and steady , thank you !!

I thought Schuster was round 6???

Turbo
Garrick
Parker
Harper
Saab
Foran
Cherry-Evans
Aloiai
Croaker
Tapau
Ola'katau
Davey
Jurbo

Walker
Lawton
Paseka
Bullemor

Keppie (18th man)
With only 2 days since we last played I think Des will name the same 17 with others added to the extended squad

Not really expecting any changes off the bat. Maybe an hour / 24hrs before the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14