Game Day: Manly v Penrith [Round 14, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The entire momentum of the game was changed by the refereeing in the 10 min after halftime. It was obvious they were told to change the game. Ch9 losing the west ratings. I'm over this fuked rigged bullisht of a game.
I would lay the blame firstly at players like Tafua, who stuffed up a play the ball after scoring; or Buhrer, who likes to give away penalties by holding down opponents. Something he has been doing for years.

In both instances Penrith went on to score.

What do you want Baz to do. ?

You can blame the defence coach maybe. But Baz sets a game plan. And the players cannot stick to it

Doesn't matter who's coach.

Oh yeah and let's sack him cause he's not manly. And hire des who left us high and dry and back ended all our contracts. He's real manly.
Cos I said we should hire Des, didn't I?
If Baz can't get his players to stick to a game plan isn't that his problem? And he doesn't have much of a game plan anyway, we're pretty awful in attack and got some lucky tries off lazy Penrith defense today. Were any of our tries set pieces?
He's ****. He may get better, but it doesn't seem like it. There was a better coach sitting on the hill at Brookie today.

If Trent Barrett wants to act like a real coach, the first thing he needs to do on Monday is ring Myles, Stewart, Starling, Wiliame and Wright and tell them that they are going to have a voyage in NSW cup for the rest of the season.
I agree these guys were no good, but who do we replace these guys with? We are running out of players. We have more injuries than I have ever seen at Manly

The talent is there...well with several players at least. They should be doing better than this.

I know injuries have had a lot to do with their problems with structure. But it is becoming increasingly obvious that that for all the talk, they are not being coached right. Teams dont give up 16 point leads at half time that easily unless there are serious problems in how they are defending and attacking. I had a feeling when they led 20-4 at half time that the bubble was about to burst...just a gut feeling based on past performance this year.

I've defended Barrett up to now and he may still come good. But what is being produced at present is just not good enough. Toovey would have used what's available far more effectively and would have seen Manly at least in the lower regions of the 8. We are now struggling to avoid the spoon and just damned lucky Newcastle is playing so poorly...though there is still time for them to come back.

I'm pleased Fulton was able to grab a bunch of players we needed to start to rebuild and there is some definite talent there. But the Barrett/Cartwright combination so far has been an increasing failure. In my mind if they dont get Manly back on the rails in the next month, they need to go. Bring in Toovey. Bring in Cleary. Bring in someone who knows how to coach a top side.

And now I find out my Mrs cooked the last of the bacon for the kids and Matilda's friend. This day just can't get any worse!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11