Game Day: Manly v Penrith [Round 14, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cos I said we should hire Des, didn't I?
If Baz can't get his players to stick to a game plan isn't that his problem? And he doesn't have much of a game plan anyway, we're pretty awful in attack and got some lucky tries off lazy Penrith defense today. Were any of our tries set pieces?
He's ****. He may get better, but it doesn't seem like it. There was a better coach sitting on the hill at Brookie today.

Not arguing with you mate.

I think we should still have tooves. Cleary is a great coach.

But changing coach every year doesn't help. Ask parra.

And more importantly can the team afford it. We're in court all the time now days anyway. With no sponsor.

I've said on many coaches give them a few yearsbto get the team playing how they like. So I'll say it with Baz.

I would lay the blame firstly at players like Tafua, who stuffed up a play the ball after scoring; or Buhrer, who likes to give away penalties by holding down opponents. Something he has been doing for years.

In both instances Penrith went on to score.
That was a horrendous example of controlling the ruck. We pretty much couldn't hold the panthers in a tackle, lost the wrestle, what wrestle. We were rarely square at marker the entire game. We should have had way more penalties against us even in the first half.

I can't blame the players. Basics, areas of the game we have seen the same players dominate in the past. Our fitness given we had so much possession in the first half has to looked at. From the outside looking in The culture at the club Appears off.

Way more off then 12 months ago.

Freddie commented before the game we couldn't even be bothered to make the line in the practice drill. His 10 second assessment. A team who are allowed and will cut corners. We Lazy.

When push comes to shove. And the game was there to be won. Our players and the current culture proved Freddy to be correct.

That must have been one hell of a half time speech by Barrett!
Actually I commented to Archie on this very thing during the half time vision (no one else to talk to about it)
The body language of the team standing around Barrett whilst he was giving his speech was horrible, they all looked disinterested and distracted looking off at other things and not really focussed on him even though they were standing around him.

Either the team has a bad attitude problem, lacks leaders or they have no respect for Barrett

Freddie commented before the game we couldn't even be bothered to make the line in the practice drill. His 10 second assessment. A team who are allowed and will cut corners. We Lazy.

The team was doing 10-metre drills before the game and Brett Stewart was just slowly walking 1 metre back and forth.

For whatever reason he just looks like a complete passenger.

Home now. Bloody disappointing. The first 60 mins was exciting and enjoyable for a change. The last 20 was terrible. Manly crumbled, but Penrith were not going anything different to the first 60 - the change was manly's right side defence structure. Or lack of it. I suspect it coincided with Myles being back out there.

I don't know where Barrett will go from here. It was embarrassing.

Home now. Bloody disappointing. The first 60 mins was exciting and enjoyable for a change. The last 20 was terrible. Manly crumbled, but Penrith were not going anything different to the first 60 - the change was manly's right side defence structure. Or lack of it. I suspect it coincided with Myles being back out there.

I hope it's centrelink

Hopefully back to St Merge,the team looks uncoached,undisciplined,unmotivated and unwilling. We are disgrace and it all stems from the coaching department. Barrett is green and out of his depth,Cartwright is useless,Seibold is a myth and a piece of storm scum.And most blame lies at the feet of Bozo the senile old fool for assembling this cabal of imposters.

Just got back home after being at the game......!

I will censor some of my comments and post something after I have settled down a bit actually after I have settled down a lot.

But what a ****ing joke that second half was. And there are several players who are simply not ****ing good enough and that includes the coach. Absolutely diabolical **** dished up yet again. How dare I get my hopes up to be bought down with a crashing thud. Our defence is a disgrace. But wait, we surely have to love this one fellow silvertails we have created the new 'no defence tackle'. Where we have players that just stop and look at the opposition and don't even attempt to tackle them when they have the ball. Un ****ing believable. :banghead:

O.k. I must breathe now, I will post more later........! :mad:

amongst other things we are unfit & we give up .... ie we are not Manly .... bring Manly back ... this is a team (including coaching staff) of imposters

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8