Manly v Panthers [Round 16 , 2018] - Pre-Game Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Wow. Parker,Wright,Suli, Kelly. Love Kelly as a player but this is probably the slowest three quarter line that has ever been fielded in the NRL.

Going up against a team renowned for their attacking play,mobility and speed on the edges and the SuperCoach puts our fastest outside back Walker in at 5/ 8 and drops our other speed option after a scathing try last start.Not to the bench , no straight back to Blacktown! This results in a zero impact snail like option being thrown the 14 jumper.

Makes me wonder if this guy even takes into account the style of the opposition with selections.

Thank God they are injury riddled as well or this would be a true cricket score.Griffin must be a leg in for coach of the year if the Panthers keep performing.Only chance is if Maloney out. Can only pray.

Last edited:
With Walker returning and looking at the Panthers lineup , just got a feeling that Manly could be quite competitive today . Whether they can stay in the game for the full eighty of course is another matter and not really enthused if Matt Wright replaces Jorge . Presume that Fainu will finally get his opportunity and all things normal , he should make the transition O K . Manly should still have some points in them if they can throw off the shackles of some of their previous negative play and if they can group together and aim up and improve their defensive efforts , again they could well be capable of making a game of this . Really would still like to see Tom Wright in the mix there somewhere though .

I'm not the coach, but this is how they would line up later today if I was.....given that we have also apparently lost Jorge to injury for tonight.

T. Trbojevic, M. Wright, Walker, Kelly, Suli, Hodkinson, Cherry-Evans (c), Fonua-Blake, Fainu, Taupau, Thompson, Lane, J. Trbojevic. Bench - T. Wright, Winterstein, Paseka, Sipley.

I'd like to see what the DCE / Hodko combo can do with a decent dummy half. Since Hodko came back they have only had 15 minutes (against NZ) where they had an actual hooker on the park, and low and behold we led them 8-0 in that time. To that end I would have Walks in the centres where he plays his best with Suli on the wing (even though he has no real pace, defence is iffy and is lazy).

I hate having to pick Matt Wright, but Jorge is out so he's in. I wouldn't pick Brad Parker because I don't think he is true first grade quality. Like Matt Wright, he falls into the "decent backup, but shouldn't be a regular top grade player" category.

However, the team we're likely to get is:

T. Trbojevic, M. Wright, Suli, Kelly, Parker, Walker, Cherry-Evans (c), Fonua-Blake, Fainu, Taupau, Thompson, Lane, J. Trbojevic. Bench - Hodkinson, Winterstein, Paseka, Sipley.

Hey @KOMORI and @mozgrame .... this ones for you ...

36136988_2096206830636371_2381239266014396416_n.jpg

Either way and 10 to 12 points in it . Manly to be competitive today and Dce to have a great game .

Kelly V Blake ....

Round 1 .. points decision to Blake ..
Round 2 .. Knockout win to Kelly .
Round 3 ......

They’ll try for a while, and we’ll get a glimmer of hope but in the end it will be like lambs to the slaughter.

We just don’t have the players nor the attitude to win any longer.

Our only win(s) will come against other similarly struggling teams OR if on one day another team just takes us easy ( yes playing us is as good as a bye) and we somehow , just once, switch on.

We live in hope though, be nice to have at least one winning feeling again in 2018.

There hasn't been one upset result so far this week so maybe we're it?
Go Manly!

Just so excited to watch Manly today as i sense we have something special in store a beautiful upset win vs the Panthers getting our best game plans going etc and playing as one. Look we could easily win this one comfortable ie by 16 points or even 26 points if we play to our strengths and some decent attacking kicks with plenty off pressure. A good win here and then the bye to freshen up and have some relentless attacking and defensive drills with everyone increasing their strengths and working on their weaknesses ie good old Manly committed sliding defence, passes mastered left to right and intense kicking drills for several key players. We could be set up to cause some back to back to back upsets and really get our season back on track. Listen, its still possible to win 9 on the trot starting from today.

There always seems to be one team that makes their late season charge at this time of the year let it be Manly. Walker will straighten up our attack and give us more attacking options down the opponents end so i am expecting DCE to have more time to work his magic and some more space for Tom to roam and probe his way through a tiring Panthers defence.

If i am to predict the outcome in todays game i would lean towards Manly 32 Panthers 16 at this stage. Lets get up in Clearys face and pressure his kicking game.

If we play the opposite of conservative when we have them under the pumps well we could really pile on our points today. Dont rule out some scoreline like Manly 38 Panthers 12 if the refs show us some respect when we are dominating and Man handling the Panthers and pressuring their kicks.

Please only tale the penalty goals if we were up by 12 or 18 or something like that. Only kicks for touch when we are near the halfway line and someone always support Tom and Jake up the middle

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else had the balls to pick Manly to win this afternoon in their respective tipping comps. In my work one (even though there are supposed to be 4 other Manly people), I'm the only one. Only one to look like a fool, or the hero? But there again win or lose, I will still look like a fool!
Anyway still backing the Manly 11,12 & 13 to be first try scorer.

Go boys!

If your going to bench hodko I rather this line up

1. Turbo
2. Suli
3. Walkz
4. Kelly
5. M wright/parker
6. T Wright
7. DCE

If we play the opposite of conservative when we have them under the pumps well we could really pile on our points today. Dont rule out some scoreline like Manly 38 Panthers 12 if the refs show us some respect when we are dominating and Man handling the Panthers and pressuring their kicks.

Yeap fair point.

If we play conservative clearly will have us back pedaling all game.

Need an aggressive game and play with some free footy.

Not like our season is on the line.

My wish list for today's game...

1. The team playing AS A TEAM to a well-thought out game plan.
2. Intelligent adaptation if above-mentioned game plan is not working
3. Discipline with the ball and in defence
4. Tries scored from set plays, or at the end of a well-worked strategy to put them in the scoring position, (with tries on the back of individual brilliance the exception rather than norm).
5. Well executed attacking bombs for Turbo to compete and score from
6. Following on from point 5, an intelligent, confident and effective kicking game in all parts of the field.
7. Plenty of talk amongst the players to ensure everyone is clear and executing on the team plan
8. Plenty of talk from the back to help organise our defensive line effectively
9. Some form of organisation and group intelligence in the attacking zone
10. More intelligent ruck work with opposition players constantly put on their back and defenders peeling back one-by-one into the defensive line... tacklers not being taken out of the next play because they have allowed the runner to push through/past/around them.

Should I just give myself a rainbow emoji?

Just so excited to watch Manly today as i sense we have something special in store a beautiful upset win vs the Panthers getting our best game plans going etc and playing as one. Look we could easily win this one comfortable ie by 16 points or even 26 points if we play to our strengths and some decent attacking kicks with plenty off pressure. A good win here and then the bye to freshen up and have some relentless attacking and defensive drills with everyone increasing their strengths and working on their weaknesses ie good old Manly committed sliding defence, passes mastered left to right and intense kicking drills for several key players. We could be set up to cause some back to back to back upsets and really get our season back on track. Listen, its still possible to win 9 on the trot starting from today.
That hydro really does have a huge THC level compared to the old stuff.

I'm not the coach, but this is how they would line up later today if I was.....given that we have also apparently lost Jorge to injury for tonight.

T. Trbojevic, M. Wright, Walker, Kelly, Suli, Hodkinson, Cherry-Evans (c), Fonua-Blake, Fainu, Taupau, Thompson, Lane, J. Trbojevic. Bench - T. Wright, Winterstein, Paseka, Sipley.

I'd like to see what the DCE / Hodko combo can do with a decent dummy half. Since Hodko came back they have only had 15 minutes (against NZ) where they had an actual hooker on the park, and low and behold we led them 8-0 in that time. To that end I would have Walks in the centres where he plays his best with Suli on the wing (even though he has no real pace, defence is iffy and is lazy).

I hate having to pick Matt Wright, but Jorge is out so he's in. I wouldn't pick Brad Parker because I don't think he is true first grade quality. Like Matt Wright, he falls into the "decent backup, but shouldn't be a regular top grade player" category.

However, the team we're likely to get is:

T. Trbojevic, M. Wright, Suli, Kelly, Parker, Walker, Cherry-Evans (c), Fonua-Blake, Fainu, Taupau, Thompson, Lane, J. Trbojevic. Bench - Hodkinson, Winterstein, Paseka, Sipley.
Id like to see T Wright grab Matts wing spot. If Toms on the bench and Walks is 5/8 how is he gonna get a run??? Absolute waste to have him give Fainu a rest at hooker. He could end up on the pine all game. Be happy if those two were swapped tbh

There always seems to be one team that makes their late season charge at this time of the year let it be Manly. Walker will straighten up our attack and give us more attacking options down the opponents end so i am expecting DCE to have more time to work his magic and some more space for Tom to roam and probe his way through a tiring Panthers defence.

If i am to predict the outcome in todays game i would lean towards Manly 32 Panthers 16 at this stage. Lets get up in Clearys face and pressure his kicking game.

Please only tale the penalty goals if we were up by 12 or 18 or something like that. Only kicks for touch when we are near the halfway line and someone always support Tom and Jake up the middle

And I bet you believe in god.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10