Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round01,2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It's hard to mount a case for Brown if he just warms the pine for 70mins. Waste of a bench spot.

What possies can he cover - hooker, backrow, and centre basically.

If we use Hastings he can cover hooker, halves and full back. That still leaves 3 bench forwards to cover any forward injuries and we can use Turbo or Thommo to cover centre/wing. Hastings is also likely to offer a bit more off the bench in a dummy half role. I think it just covers more bases than what Brown offers.

It's hard to make a case for anyone if they warm the pine for 70 mins. It's obvious that Trent wants/thinks Api to go the full 80 so cover for hooker is neither here nor there really.
Baz has shown he likes three forwards on the bench knowing Jake, Thommo and Sirro have some versatility to cover quite a few spots if required on the run.
Hastings is getting more benefit from playing a full game in ressies each week- hopefully keeping the pressure on Croker or if anything happens long term to DCE - and kicking goals rather than 10-20 mins off the bench in firsts not knowing what his role may be when if/he comes on.

So in saying that, Brown plays 20 mins max and gives game time and match fitness to Hastings, Parker and Jetski etc = win/win.

#intrentwetrust

Brown's the least of our issues. No 5/8, and Matt Wright, and no goal kicker are the major holes for me.

I fully expected us to pull a rabbit out of the hat in the halves.

Need Lussick, Walker to return. Hopefully Suli comes good quickly and Wright goes back to the level of footy he is built for.

Most teams only give 3 of their 4 reserves decent minutes. Whilst Brown is no world beater he is not as bad as everyone makes out. He is there as cover and we need that still, especially hooker as I'm not convinced Api can give 80 mins of quality. Hopefully another versatile player emerges this season but I'm not concerned with Brown on the bench and can't think of anyone who can provide that role. Hastings needs 80 mins in reggies not 15 minutes a week. Lane worries me more based on past performances being lazy. Let's hope he has stopped modeling his game on Dane Carlaw.

The benifit of this team line up is they went pretty good last year. They know thier combinations, and will no doubt be improved with the experience. The addition of Thompson helps defensively, and having Tafua and Sironen back and fit leaves us in good stead. Croker seems to be settling in with DCE. Although Walker will be missed, I'm expecting a solid start to the season, be happy winning 5 out of the first 7 games, with no further injuries, and we should have a solid year.

I like Brown on the bench but he does arm-grab a bit and also gives away a penalty or two.
I think Brown and also Winterstein have been given the benefit of being experienced players and regular players from last year. But they certainly have Hastings, Jeff and Perrett snapping at their heels, if they do not perform they won't last more than a few rounds.

I like Brown on the bench but he does arm-grab a bit and also gives away a penalty or two.
I think Brown and also Winterstein have been given the benefit of being experienced players and regular players from last year. But they certainly have Hastings, Jeff and Perrett snapping at their heels, if they do not perform they won't last more than a few rounds.

Yeah I think you are right there, I’d say Baz has probably given them the “ benefit of the doubt “ and gone with the fewest changes to 2017.

But I bet they are aware it’s perform or be replaced by more enthusiastic youngsters!

I’m still tipping the Eagles but I’m not as confident as I was a few days ago when I thought TBaz might go for 4 boppers knowing we had Thompson as a potential centre backup and Sirro as a potential 5/8.

I think with our best four other forwards on the bench we would have rolled over the Knights , now and sadly I’m not so sure!

The last thing we need is to encourage Siro to think he is 5/8.
He has the makings of a top second rower so let's not confuse him.

No I’m purely talking in a back up sense to run four forwards on the bench.

Hopefully never needed BUT could do a basic job if necessary.

Brown's the least of our issues. No 5/8, and Matt Wright, and no goal kicker are the major holes for me.

Need Lussick, Walker to return. Hopefully Suli comes good quickly and Wright goes back to the level of footy he is built for.
Yep thats definitely where we are falling over . The 6 and centre , poor lewy doesn't really come in to it there . He's the whipping boy. Put Hastings in at 6 and shazam Dylan back and it doesn't look all gloom.

Not prepared to give Croker a look mate ? Was pretty highly rated coming through so hopefully he can develop for us this year. I know we don't have the class around it now, but remember thinking how we were no chance in 2011 when we had rookie halves in Foran and DCE, and after game one DCE copped a flogging and not up to NRL level etc

Am hoping that Croker might be a very nice surprise, tbh I watched DCE in the 20s and didn't think he was up to much at the higher level and was happy to be extremely wrong about that

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8