Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round01,2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Groundhog day has officially began again. Lewis Brown first chosen ad infinitum. Its the stuff nightmares are made of. Well mine at least. No longer as excited as I was when bloody News.com.au posted the first Manly Team list 2018. Sans Brown. Just like my fantasy about Russian brides, it was destined not to last.

It's hard to mount a case for Brown if he just warms the pine for 70mins. Waste of a bench spot.

What possies can he cover - hooker, backrow, and centre basically.

If we use Hastings he can cover hooker, halves and full back. That still leaves 3 bench forwards to cover any forward injuries and we can use Turbo or Thommo to cover centre/wing. Hastings is also likely to offer a bit more off the bench in a dummy half role. I think it just covers more bases than what Brown offers.

Fortunately, the Drugcastle forwards look decidedly average, and their bench looks terrible. Lamb, Heighington, Buhrer and Saifiti.

With all the talent available, I feel very confused right now??

Your confused. Im shattered. The 17 that News.com.au had up first, was exactly the direction I had hoped Barrett was taking us towards in 2018. Bench fast, mobile, lots of punch through the middle, after the platform was laid by AFP and Kapow. We had adequate injury cover in that 17 with Sironen training at 5/8, Thompson able to provide cover in the centres, Wright to fullback or wing if necessary, and Croker to hooker, if API went down. Yes Brown is versatile, and he has a spot in the 30 squad, but someone please tell me why he has a mortgage on number 14?

I'd say he escaped hence he'll being moving around and laying low, if he made parole he'd be in a position to carry on!

He's doing a great job.... seeing as he is really a she!

:eek::lipssealed::rock:@:cool::nod:

edit: everyone should just be happy the footy is about to begin and maybe brown isn't as bad as all you 300+ first grade game heroes think.

Then y'all be nice and relaxed y'hear!

Can’t crack a start can he?

You’d think that Baz might’ve given an idea to Aku as centre and Parker to wing ( or just Parker to centre)!

I wonder if goal kicking isn’t part of that choice?
People always raise goal kicking whenever M.Wright is mentioned. From what I saw of him last season in terms of knocking over conversions was that he is average at best. Usually hooks anything from out wide. He isn’t close to any of the goal kickers at the other clubs.

Sea Eagles: 1 Tom Trbojevic, 2 Jorge Taufua, 3 Matthew Wright, 4 Brian Kelly, 5 Akuila Uate, 6 Lachlan Croker, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c), 8 Addin Fonua-Blake, 9 Apisai Koroisau, 10 Martin Taupau, 11 Joel Thompson, 12 Curtis Sironen, 13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange: 14 Lewis Brown, 15 Shaun Lane, 16 Frank Winterstein, 17 Kelepi Tanginoa

Reserves: 18 Bradley Parker, 19 Jackson Hastings, 20 Jack Gosiewski, 21 Lloyd Perrett

With Darcy Lussick out suspended Addin Fonua-Blake starts at prop, while new recruit Joel Thompson is in the second row

NRL.com expert Jamie Soward says:

"For Trent Barrett, he's seen the blueprint that works for Manly which is having Cherry-Evans play that six role where he can run around and play on the ball and get the ball when he wants it and having the guy alongside him who can control and kick. Croker is going to be important towards that.

"He'll be the starting six. Jackson Hastings I don't think has quite worked out where his best position is, whether it's fullback, halves or hooker but he'll definitely keep the pressure on.

"They got the best out of Sironen and Winterstein last year, it will come down to whether they can get the best out of them again."

NRL.com's predicted Round 1 team:

1 Tom Trbojevic, 2 Jorge Taufua, 3 Matt Wright, 4 Brian Kelly, 5 Aku Uate, 6 Lachie Croker, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans, 8 Marty Taupau, 9 Api Koroisau, 10 Addin Fonua-Blake, 11 Curtis Sironen, 12 Joel Thompson, 13 Jake Trbojevic. Interchange: 14 Lewis Brown, 15 Lloyd Perrett, 16 Jack Gosiewski, 17 Frank Winterstein. Reserves: 18 Shaun Lane, 19 Jackson Hastings, 20 Kelepi Tanginoa, 21 Tom Wright
Since when is Darcy Lussick out suspended???? Useless pr%^&s can't even get their facts right!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8