Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round01,2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not prepared to give Croker a look mate ? Was pretty highly rated coming through so hopefully he can develop for us this year. I know we don't have the class around it now, but remember thinking how we were no chance in 2011 when we had rookie halves in Foran and DCE, and after game one DCE copped a flogging and not up to NRL level etc

Am hoping that Croker might be a very nice surprise, tbh I watched DCE in the 20s and didn't think he was up to much at the higher level and was happy to be extremely wrong about that

I think ( hope) Croker will be fine.

I’d suggest they’d have been working on very simple game plans to ease him into the role.

If he can get the ball further out the line and defend reasonably well the rest will come, and that will be 50% better than Green.

He won’t replace Green in 5th tackle kicking but then again not many could.

He’ll be fine , we just have to be a little patient as Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Looking at the bench, after watching both trials I do see a positive in Lane and Tanginoa. Their form warranted selection on the bench and I actually look forward to seeing them both as middle forwards with Jake when Marty and AFB are spelled.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Brad Parker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Jackson Hastings
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Lloyd Perrett
16. Kelepi Tanginoa
17. Shaun Lane
Not prepared to give Croker a look mate ? Was pretty highly rated coming through so hopefully he can develop for us this year. I know we don't have the class around it now, but remember thinking how we were no chance in 2011 when we had rookie halves in Foran and DCE, and after game one DCE copped a flogging and not up to NRL level etc

Am hoping that Croker might be a very nice surprise, tbh I watched DCE in the 20s and didn't think he was up to much at the higher level and was happy to be extremely wrong about that

I guess my worry was that when he played 1st grade in Canberra, he was literally awful. Also, he couldn't break back into the Raiders NYC team after his injury because they thought they had better options / chemistry. He's an under sized 5/8. I just see it as one of our weaknesses. I still hope we get a proper replacement.

Put it this way. If Barrett had faith in Croker, or Hastings for that matter, would we have been trying to acquire Pearce, Carney and a host of others?

Willing to give him a go, but Kieran Foran he is not.

This to be big this one. Manly to systematicully pick Newcastle apart with crunching defence and scintallating attack. Oh how they fire up for this one, Manly 32 Newcastle 10

Obviously, you have not consulted Todd, Manly will be coping a small fine for the salary cap issues in the hours before the game so it's buried without much notice. Then we will be penalised out of the game for wasting so much of the NRL's time over this mess and Todds inability to run the game correctly.

I am simply scratching my head with brown. I have no doubt he good for team culture and so on. But simply for our club to win titles and compete we need to move on from role players for rebuild.
The bench interesting, I say Jake moving upfront when rotation start with lane and tanginoa.
But it’s kids and talented ones who will move us forward. Fainu in long term is our reserve Hooker and perrett showed way too much promise to be in Reggies.

I’m more pumped for the footy than usual I’m sure of it! Can’t wait!

Me too, if you wanna stay that way I suggest not going back and reading the 90% negative tripe in this thread.

fmd, you'd think that following rugby league, or Manly specifically was a bother and not something fun.

It's almost kick off time!!!!

Go Manly! woot!

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Brad Parker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Jackson Hastings
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Lloyd Perrett
16. Kelepi Tanginoa
17. Shaun Lane

I guess my worry was that when he played 1st grade in Canberra, he was literally awful. Also, he couldn't break back into the Raiders NYC team after his injury because they thought they had better options / chemistry. He's an under sized 5/8. I just see it as one of our weaknesses. I still hope we get a proper replacement.

Put it this way. If Barrett had faith in Croker, or Hastings for that matter, would we have been trying to acquire Pearce, Carney and a host of others?

Willing to give him a go, but Kieran Foran he is not.

Fair points mate

Willing to let his previous first grade games pass as he was so young at the time and not easy to come in and dominate straight away unless you're a freak like Cleary

Could have been a case of Canberra wanting his money off the books so not picking him ? I'm not sure but Stuart has done that sort of thing in the past to players. I think Barrett would always be looking to bolster his squad and add experience to skinny areas, the backrow signing of Thompson an example of that

Will be interesting to see how he goes, but we won't have a good idea about that til about round 10 id imagine

I am sure I am in the minority here for thinking this ;) .If you plan a gameplan around having 4 running forwards each week and it is entrenched as your game plan and injuries in a match occur(yes,not given but regularly do occur),having to switch forwards around to the backs mean your interchange(times of minutes and when players come off and on) and gameplan is completely thrown out for the rest of the game.Planning around 3 running forward interchange players and a utility player means injuries pose less disruption to your tactics.I agree that maybe having someone else than Brown is preferable and yes we could do that and yes coaches should be able to think on their feet like players should too,yes maybe Baz could or should change tactics,but this is how he is going and unfortunately we have no one else as versatile as Brown even though he is good at no positions at all.Oh well,in Baz I trust....let me know if you disagree lol(just don't get personal,no one wants to start that sxxt)

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10