Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round01,2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don’t worry @globaleagle I’m on deck again this year. Been absent from ST due to new job which meant relocating firstly myself, then the family. Small technical issue on Friday and had limited internet access but thanks to @Dan for stepping in for me.

Good one!

I hope the move/new job and everything else went well. :)

Gal made an interesting point on 100% Footy Show.

His take on why last year's bottom rung winners, was simply due to them having low representation in the RLWC.
So they had a full pre season :nod:

Manly didn't get our Rep players back for 2 months into the pre season.
Obviously the injury toll to Jake and Walks compounds our Team's round 1 preparedness as well :cool:

Just saw the 9 Sunday footy show, had to watch an hour of crap to get to our game :confused:

Uate's no try in the 49th mins showed Ponga headbutt him as he is tackled :eek:

No wonder Uate dropped the ball :(
It’s a rule change by stealth.

Last year it was fine for uate to drop the ball over the line in the right hand corner.

This year it is deemed “no try”. Where is the consistency!!!

Really the way the game played out from the 65th minute mark we had no right to go to golden point.

Newcastle has set after set inside our 20
And the boys defended strongly.

For mine that was a real positive. We just have to cut the odd defensive lapse out the knight 1st and 3rd tries we’re soft imo

Hasn’t taken long - Pearce and SKD warned by West’s Group boss Phil Gardner that their poor behaviour at a Newcastle club will not be tolerated . Watch out dog owners

Some interesting and promising stats to come out of the first game apart from the Croker error count

Stat Attack: Manly dominate early stats
Chris Kennedy
Tue 13 Mar 2018, 11:01 AM

An 89-minute epic against the Newcastle Knights may have finished in a loss for Trent Barrett's Manly Warringah Sea Eagles but the pulsating golden point thriller has helped them to the top of several individual player leaderboards after round one of the 2018 Telstra Premiership.

Winger Jorge Taufua showed no ill-effects from the ACL injury that ended his 2017 season earlier, making a powerful comeback that yielded an NRL-high 26 carries (his 239 metres was second behind Rooster Blake Ferguson). Newcastle prop Herman Ese'ese is equal second on the carries list (with Ferguson), four behind on 22.

Hooker Api Koroisau leads the tackle tally after one week with a whopping 66, with teammate Jake Trbojevic fourth in the NRL on 52 (Jake Friend 55, Elijah Taylor 53).

Prop Martin Taupau picked up where he left off in 2017, when he was the competition's top offloader, popping six offloads in his 52 minutes on field. Wests Tigers centre Esan Marsters was second on five with Manly fullback Tom Trbojevic heading a group of players who managed four offloads.

It wasn't just the attacking categories Manly emerged from round one dominating with young half Lachie Croker one of just two players (Cowboy Ben Hampton was the other) to notch four handling errors in the opening round.

Manly's opponents Newcastle dominated a few stats themselves with Kalyn Ponga's 12 tackle breaks the best of round one (Dylan Edwards and Jason Taumalolo busted 10) and Mitchell Pearce dominating total kicks (17, next best Cooper Cronk on 13) and kick metres (492, ahead of Cronk's 379).
stat-attack_sea-eagles_20180313.jpg

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8