Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stop with the crap TC honestly surely you can see he has no idea. I have watched teams over the years that are like us. Raiders under Furner, Titans under Cartwright the list goes on. You should apply for the job mate i have more faith in you than him. Your technical excuses for pitiful coaching will wash over my head.
If you think that loss was due to poor Coaching in my opinion you are way off the mark.

You don't blame the coach for not respecting the ball on the first hit up, Lussick letting personal agendas getting in the way of remaining professional and the lack of respect for the ball in such conditions by several players.

Yeah you can blame the coach if it makes you feel better for the players not being in the correct balanced mindset and the odd attacking plays but in such slippery cold conditions no attack was going to flourish on a consistent basis.

Gutherson didn't go to bad, probably on par with Chez tonight in an ordinary game, but u can see Guthos class. He sure as hell is a mile better five eight then Dylan Fn Walker. Shirley, Who the truck Carted our talented local junior for this side ways running, ODing, door punching waste of space Walker. Can we piss them off with the defence coach.

Gutherson didn't go to bad, probably on par with Chez tonight in an ordinary game, but u can see Guthos class. He sure as hell is a mile better five eight then Dylan Fn Walker. Shirley, Who the truck Carted our talented local junior for this side ways running, ODing, door punching waste of space Walker. Can we piss them off with the defence coach.
Yep defence was terrible tonight...

DCE can't play both sides of the ruck, not with this team, he cant organize them on both sides because they are not smart enough to listen
I never see DCE bark instruction or anything he is too much of a softie. Even Mitchell Pearce is his first game back after disgracing himself this year was always telling his teammates what to do and such.

hate to say it but as soon as Lussick made that error in the opening seconds I had a bad feeling about this game. What a way to start my weekend :mad:

I never see DCE bark instruction or anything he is too much of a softie. Even Mitchell Pearce is his first game back after disgracing himself this year was always telling his teammates what to do and such.
He is too busy running from both sides of the field after every play

Chechin didn't help but Taupau had the chance to pull out of that shot, or at least not make it such a "statement" hit on a small guy. Trying to be the tough guy backfired. It was stupid, but it was keeping with the theme of the night where everyone got rattled and allowed the Eels to get under their skin. Parra got in our face and we got distracted with trying to get one over them instead of playing our game. We cracked under the pressure and its further proof that DCE struggles when the chips are down and we need direction and composure
If DCE plays under Arthur Bellamy or any coach who is capable he would be a different player .

Well at least this puts pressure on Barrett as we are a results driven business after all. And maybe the media might stop pumping up our tyres when it was blatantly obvious that we just got away with a few wins against sides that are honestly not worth feeding. That Parra team has less big names than most other clubs and they managed to pull our pants down and make us look stupid. That performance is easily our worst of the year and it is right down to the lack of structure and game plan. Please leave Trent.

How in hell with all that red zone possession could Manly NOT score 3-4 tries on the left hand side with French the winger - so far in, we had a 3 man overlap??
It's called being too flat....no depth on the 2nd man play allowing them to shut it down...poor poor execution in that red zone ALL night....truth is...shows how far this team is off the top 5-6 teams...maybe average at best in the competition, saved by a couple of local juniors who actually have pride in a Manly jersey.

What is wrong with our coaching staff? The vulnerability of play makers (or lack of) for both teams was blindingly obvious leading up to this game. So, let's see how each coach prepared for this...

Arthur puts Gutho a couple of passes wider of the ruck away from rushing markers and brings Robson in to take a greater role in play making than previous games. He also has his players rushing up and in on DCE all night.

And Barrett??? Nothing. Puts Walker in 5/8 with zero playing skill and thus making the Parra defensive decisions simple, leaves DCE close to the ruck as a walking single target, and no rushing defence on their play maker all night.

Seriously, what the hell was Barrett's plan tonight? Sure, the players were woeful in skills and discipline, but I could not see any game plan whatsoever.
Games like that under such conditions have zero or basically zero to do with game plans, it is just a convenient lazy excuse.

In the end if the attitude and respect for the ball was good Manly would have won that game without any game plans easily.

Changing your style of play to respect the conditions will help but "gameplans" is stretching it.

People can't seriously be blaming Tapau ?

That was never a penalty. Not ever. They dropped it cold. Who did people want Marty to get ? No-one ?

We were flat out robbed and even though we played poorly, we deserved to win and the pinkies decided to hand it to the cheats. I'm absolutely filthy.

And they wonder why people are turning away from this game ?

Absolutely spot on!!

Someone please tell me. Does Cherry's 1 try assist per game justify his 1.2 mill price tag?
Why does Robson have some semblance of structure where as Daly does not?

Because Robson has a decent playmaker beside him in Gutherson, and a highly skilled hooker in De Gois. DCE has neither, the opposition knows it, so all they have to do is target him. There is no other playmaker for defences to be distracted by.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8