Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
How in hell with all that red zone possession could Manly NOT score 3-4 tries on the left hand side with French the winger - so far in, we had a 3 man overlap??
It's called being too flat....no depth on the 2nd man play allowing them to shut it down...poor poor execution in that red zone ALL night....truth is...shows how far this team is off the top 5-6 teams...maybe average at best in the competition, saved by a couple of local juniors who actually have pride in a Manly jersey.
We didn't throw much at em did we. First half parra knocked on or something and we got a surprise repeat set on their line.

I'm waiting for use to test and prob through the forwards that close. Nada.

Well bugger me, we just didn't want the ball, you could see the confusion and lack of organisation in all of our team, what do we do?

I was waiting for one of our players to just hand the ball to a parra player and say yeah nah, we just had 6 tackles, that's enough it's too hard this attack stuff close to the line, you have this ball back.

Bad game but we were definitely Cecchined at the end.
late. shoulder. off the ball.

In what world is that not a penalty?

Manly should be ashamed of that turd of a performance. Nothing to do with the refs. We had enough ball in that first half to be up 20.

Excuses, excuses, every week. Cherry needs a foil...under a different coach...blah, blah blah. It's all bull****. Dce is naturally an ad lib footballer, his challenge this year, was to adopt a more calculated & structured approach to his game, this hasn't happened unfortunately.
Exactly, I'm a big DCE fan but he merely adds finesse when a team is in the grind and settled. Do not whatsoever look at him to be an inspirational leader who barks orders and leads from the front. And our management goes and makes him our highest paid player.

Actually more depth would have given the attacking player more time on the ball to run an inside lane, turning the outside defenders feet inwards , allowing extra space out wide plus, execute that final pass instead of being shut down...depth also ensures the attacker can hit the ball at speed, not flat footed creating more urgency & poor decision making by the defence.
If....as you say being deeper in that red zone is not advantageous in the wet conditions, also invalid, as turning a late deep runner under in slippery conditions is also a key option in slippery conditions....being flat on a wet pitch is not ideal...as shown tonight.
Parra at times played with more depth and we handled it easily and with composure.(Depth is over-rated at "times")

Why are we dropping the balls coldly without any pressure.I am still trying to get my head around it.Why manly why? Even though we played with heart we are a clumsy side.Sorry manly I can't see it any other way at the moment as we ain't using our heads.

Wow! Who said a referee will not penalise a team in the last 3 minutes to decide a game. Certainly the first time in 20 years watching the game I have seen this happen.
you mustn't watch many games. Checcin did the same thing penalising Orford a few years back vs the Titans.

Unlike that one though, tonight's was 100% a penalty.

Why are we dropping the balls coldly without any pressure.I am still trying to get my head around it.Why manly why? Even though we played with heart we are a clumsy side.Sorry manly I can't see it any other way at the moment.

I'm not even saying or suggesting that Barrett may or may not be a good technical coach, yes i agree a Coach can help with making sure the attitude is in the right frame of mind but in the end the players themselves are responsible for their actions and attitude---the Coach just does his best to manage it.

The effort in defense was great---so the attitude effort wise in that area was fantastic----it was the attitude going into the game of over confidence that annoyed me----this game didn't require a Coach to win just a professional ruthless mindset that was Robotic.

Yeah I know what you are saying is right, But i just have this feeling in my bones that Barrett is not our guy. Call it an idiots intuition but I just know it. When our last 2 coaches had the team, I felt confident that we would make the right decisions most times and that we had the ability to crush teams with sheer determination, much like Parra did tonight. However we keep producing this messy mistake ridden footy that just grinds my gears. I guess i just like structure and Barrett obviously has other ideas.

Seriously if we are blaming the refs after tonight we have bigger issues than I thought. Brad Arthur just schooled that pretty boy muppet that calls himself a coach Barrett. We have not improved 1 bit. I hate footy at the moment. 2 more years of this crap and i will be turning off. Barrett has to go.
Poor performance from everyone involved but to lose the game because a touchy overuled the refs call....that decision did cost us the win so yeh the ref/touchy cost us the game....i mention the turd because the bloke would hve been overjoyed to think we wont be around in september because of that decision but regardless the truth is we havent earnt a top 8 finish based on the year we have had that i agree with oh and i hate losing especially to those cheating slimy eels. End rant.

Agree Conanu has had an agenda against Barrett since round 1. We could be leading the comp and he would still have an issue. Barrett didn't make ferris drop the ball 4 times nor did he ask starling & taupau to give 4 points away in front of the sticks.
Barrett has made errors this year but there have been really good pockets of performance this past month that are stretching longer and longer into games, along with improved straight running go forward plus first up contact in defense.

The signs for next year if it continues to progress in this fashion are good, doesn't mean Barrett will be the greatest technical coach but he is improving areas of Manly's game in the go forward and straightness that have been poor for years.

The last month we held on to the ball. Tonight we decided not to hold on to the bloody thing. I can't put up with the lazy keep me out of it performance of Tafua. Come on. Put someone in there who wants to be part of a team.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8