Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It looked like the ankle tap slowed him down/ jarred him?
He had enough time to recover and accelerate if he was quick enough but when parra's prop put his foot on the pedal Wilaime looked pedestrian .
Have a look at the reply and see for your self . If that was Jennings it would have been good night Irine .

Courageous performance from Manly.

Parramatta are just a horrible matchup. Every time Manly play Parramatta they just look stuck in the mud. I think it is their line speed. Parra just have a really fit squad and just kill Manly by giving them no time. You could see it all game. I had been worried about this game all week.

I thought it was a great performance, and they were entitled to win this game. I'm just disgusted, that once again, the referee steps in and gives a bull**** penalty for what was nothing (what is Tapau to do???) and right after Parramatta threw another forward pass. This on top of the NRL agenda to destabilise this team by allowing announcements of further unproven allegations that indirectly implicate the club just to deliberately distract them. The so called integrity unit will sideline a player for so much as looking at another person the wrong way, yet the NRL allow the release of serious but unproven allegations against the club again the same day an important match.

It's absolutely disgusting and the NRL should be ashamed. As far as I am concerned the NRL can get f&*$%$

Thank you for once again ruining my experience as a fan. I won't forget this, and you will lose in the end because fans will walk away, or no longer pay for memberships/attendance at games, and you can be certain that I won't be offering to help.

NYEagle

He had enough time to recover and accelerate if he was quick enough but when parra's prop put his foot on the pedal Wilaime looked pedestrian .
Have a look at the reply and see for your self . If that was Jennings it would have been good night Irine .
Will agree to disagree as it looked to me like he was hurt

How in hell with all that red zone possession could Manly NOT score 3-4 tries on the left hand side with French the winger - so far in, we had a 3 man overlap??
It's called being too flat....no depth on the 2nd man play allowing them to shut it down...poor poor execution in that red zone ALL night....truth is...shows how far this team is off the top 5-6 teams...maybe average at best in the competition, saved by a couple of local juniors who actually have pride in a Manly jersey.
Parra were jamming in well when it mattered, wouldn't of made any difference if there was more depth, just would of allowed the outside jammers time to shut the space without having to make the tackle, or slide if they were too slow to get up in the attackers face.

Night games in cold slippery conditions always hard to execute as well as during dry day performances.

Hate to say it, Tom Trbojevic looked disinterested and scared tonight.

Looked like he played injured tonight. Whish Stewart, Matai & Lawrance showed the same commitment.

Yep defence was terrible tonight...

Right you are. Defence is the only area we have improved this year. So of course it makes perfect sense that this week we've sacked this years d coach and he's signed with Souths.

Sound familiar? Performance based industry and all.

How great is our new Management going?

People can't seriously be blaming Tapau ?

That was never a penalty. Not ever. They dropped it cold. Who did people want Marty to get ? No-one ?

We were flat out robbed and even though we played poorly, we deserved to win and the pinkies decided to hand it to the cheats. I'm absolutely filthy.

And they wonder why people are turning away from this game ?

Dead right. If you're going to run as a decoy, directly between the player passing the ball and the one receiving it, and that includes running full tilt into the defensive line - what the hell is the defender supposed to do?! How many times do you hear Ray Warren and co carry on about "he can't disappear!" in other games - not a peep out of him when it's Parra doing the milking though!

If you think that loss was due to poor Coaching in my opinion you are way off the mark.

You don't blame the coach for not respecting the ball on the first hit up, Lussick letting personal agendas getting in the way of remaining professional and the lack of respect for the ball in such conditions by several players.

Yeah you can blame the coach if it makes you feel better for the players not being in the correct balanced mindset and the odd attacking plays but in such slippery cold conditions no attack was going to flourish on a consistent basis.
But TC, a good coach is not just a technical genius he has to be able to get into the heads of the players and convince them to want perfection in their game and if they fall short of it he needs to demand perfection. Do you beleive if Des was in charge of this team he would allow the rubbish attitude to present itself. A successful Head Coach will be respected and liked by his players for his direction and vision not jsut liked because he is a nice bloke who looks after them. You can see with Parra that those players are on another level mentally and we are a very lazy stupid side that consistantly loses games due to the stupid lazy efforts some of our players make. The body language is all wrong Freddy picked it in the Raiders game warm up, players not touching the line in the warm up. Barrett may be Technically ok as a coach but the team plays like he did. devoid of any real passion and doe eyed deers in the headlights when the going gets tough. very bad.

Defensively pretty good. Mr Magnificence and $10 million dollar man failed again to earn his price tag.

Anyone could see DCE was getting rushed by the defence every time he looked like getting the ball. That's when coaching adjustments should be made...
Otherwise there's no point sitting high in a coaches box.
Might as well be at home watching it on the tele.

Parra were jamming in well when it mattered, wouldn't of made any difference if there was more depth, just would of allowed the outside jammers time to shut the space without having to make the tackle, or slide if they were too slow to get up in the attackers face.

Night games in cold slippery conditions always hard to execute as well as during dry day performances.

Parra where constantly off side, rushing up from the edges and the Greenburg ref's refused to penalise them.

But TC, a good coach is not just a technical genius he has to be able to get into the heads of the players and convince them to want perfection in their game and if they fall short of it he needs to demand perfection. Do you beleive if Des was in charge of this team he would allow the rubbish attitude to present itself. A successful Head Coach will be respected and liked by his players for his direction and vision not jsut liked because he is a nice bloke who looks after them. You can see with Parra that those players are on another level mentally and we are a very lazy stupid side that consistantly loses games due to the stupid lazy efforts some of our players make. The body language is all wrong Freddy picked it in the Raiders game warm up, players not touching the line in the warm up. Barrett may be Technically ok as a coach but the team plays like he did. devoid of any real passion and doe eyed deers in the headlights when the going gets tough. very bad.
I'm not even saying or suggesting that Barrett may or may not be a good technical coach, yes i agree a Coach can help with making sure the attitude is in the right frame of mind but in the end the players themselves are responsible for their actions and attitude---the Coach just does his best to manage it.

The effort in defense was great---so the attitude effort wise in that area was fantastic----it was the attitude going into the game of over confidence that annoyed me----this game didn't require a Coach to win just a professional ruthless mindset that was Robotic.

Actually more depth would have given the attacking player more time on the ball to run an inside lane, turning the outside defenders feet inwards , allowing extra space out wide plus, execute that final pass instead of being shut down...depth also ensures the attacker can hit the ball at speed, not flat footed creating more urgency & poor decision making by the defence.
If....as you say being deeper in that red zone is not advantageous in the wet conditions, also invalid, as turning a late deep runner under in slippery conditions is also a key option in slippery conditions....being flat on a wet pitch is not ideal...as shown tonight.

Excuses, excuses, every week. Cherry needs a foil...under a different coach...blah, blah blah. It's all bull****. Dce is naturally an ad lib footballer, his challenge this year, was to adopt a more calculated & structured approach to his game, this hasn't happened unfortunately.

If you think that loss was due to poor Coaching in my opinion you are way off the mark.

You don't blame the coach for not respecting the ball on the first hit up, Lussick letting personal agendas getting in the way of remaining professional and the lack of respect for the ball in such conditions by several players.

Yeah you can blame the coach if it makes you feel better for the players not being in the correct balanced mindset and the odd attacking plays but in such slippery cold conditions no attack was going to flourish on a consistent basis.

Agree Conanu has had an agenda against Barrett since round 1. We could be leading the comp and he would still have an issue. Barrett didn't make ferris drop the ball 4 times nor did he ask starling & taupau to give 4 points away in front of the sticks.

Let's face it people we had no farking idea when it came to 5th tackle options. It was one of our worst performances of the year. We missed Lyons. DCE has no idea how to take control of the team he really hasn't. His 5th tackle options are a joke. We need another talented half to move the team around coz DCE is not the man.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10