Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 18, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just saw that Jorge's great tackle didn't even make it into the 'choose the best round 18 tackle' on nrl.com. Too much meth methinks

Just saw that Jorge's great tackle didn't even make it into the 'choose the best round 18 tackle' on nrl.com. Too much meth methinks
It was a great hit but I was surprised that they didn't hit him with a penalty for tackling a player without the ball as it looked to me that the Slime player hadn't quite received the ball before Jorge hit him with a Matai Special.

It was a great hit but I was surprised that they didn't hit him with a penalty for tackling a player without the ball as it looked to me that the Slime player hadn't quite received the ball before Jorge hit him with a Matai Special.

He’d received the ball and already dropped it before Horhay creamed him. Me thinks he was taking a peek at what was coming.

Before this thread disappears faster than say.... one guy's poor writing about an overseas based team:

I liked Garrick's second try.

The run in from one angle when all the defence is looking the other way at the kicked ball, reminded me of Jamie Lyon and the amount of times he did it.

Watching the replay - at 22 mins Turbo plants a foot out of bounds and touches the ball to deem it 'out on full' and Manly get the scrum feed

Q: As Turbo was almost straddling the corner post, if he had put his right foot out behind the corner post and touched the ball - would Manly have had a 7 tackle 20m advantage ?

Watching the replay - at 22 mins Turbo plants a foot out of bounds and touches the ball to deem it 'out on full' and Manly get the scrum feed

Q: As Turbo was almost straddling the corner post, if he had put his right foot out behind the corner post and touched the ball - would Manly have had a 7 tackle 20m advantage ?
For every other team yes for us of course not - penalty to Parra for being a smart arse

I thought he did that

That’s a beauty!

561B4426-74A7-460F-9D25-EBA26109470B.jpeg

It's funny how we won. We're in clear 5th. Yet just feel uncomfortable about it. I suppose it's better than 15th at this time last year. I trust Des has it all under control. Did we clock off because the players minds went on to next week ?
Sorry but the more uncomfortable the better. Not that we're superstitious, but, well, you just never know!

The crowd seemed pretty quiet to me on channel nein...

Anyone who was there... was the crowd loud and just poor microphone placement?? Hardly heard the crowd at all..

Mate everyone there was pretty relaxed because the Eels were atrocious and we were totally walloping them. The final score wasn’t a true reflection. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me to learn Des had instructed them to go easy.

Des did not look pleased though.

In the presser? I thought the opposite. His ideal result, a strong win, never in doubt, but plenty to work on and no chance of complacency in our squad.

In fact his carefully worded media comments over the past couple of weeks have inclined me to think our Desmond has quite large ambitions for this year. Quite large indeed!

In the presser? I thought the opposite. His ideal result, a strong win, never in doubt, but plenty to work on and no chance of complacency in our squad.

In fact his carefully worded media comments over the past couple of weeks have inclined me to think our Desmond has quite large ambitions for this year. Quite large indeed!

Nah straight after the game. We had just won and the camera showed him in the box.

I thought he did that
No, Turbo had the corner post behind him up his clacker :giggle:. That's what caught my attention.

His giant stride could have had his right foot out behind the post, his left foot in the field of play and his octopus arm touching the ball :nod:

I just thought it should be a 20m restart then, just like a kick off being caught by a player straddling the dead ball line.

Anyway, its a good game to watch so far :D

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8