Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 18, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate everyone there was pretty relaxed because the Eels were atrocious and we were totally walloping them. The final score wasn’t a true reflection. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me to learn Des had instructed them to go easy.
True, except I can’t verify the des bit. I was relaxed all game (usually I am a stress head) even down 12-6, because manly were making ridiculous metres and scoring tries at will. We scored 11, and 7 weren’t disallowed. Not even counting the butchered try. Which was enough.

I only relaxed in the 2008 GF at 26-0 btw, so yesterday was a special day.

Watching the replay - at 22 mins Turbo plants a foot out of bounds and touches the ball to deem it 'out on full' and Manly get the scrum feed

Q: As Turbo was almost straddling the corner post, if he had put his right foot out behind the corner post and touched the ball - would Manly have had a 7 tackle 20m advantage ?

Didn't the Nein commentators mention something about if you do it in the in goal it's a drop out?

Ps was Jorge’s disallowed try really a forward pass? I couldn’t tell from the hill. The replay on big screen looked ok

Ps was Jorge’s disallowed try really a forward pass? I couldn’t tell from the hill. The replay on big screen looked ok
No, I just replayed it a few times -19 minutes in.
Commentators questioned who called it as it looked like the lineswoman ran backwards prior to Jorge's catch, meaning that she deemed Turbo's perfect backwards pass forward :cool:

1: Turbo clearly in front of line as he throws
IMG_20190722_201349.jpg

2: Jorge jumps to catch, lineswoman in front of Jorge
IMG_20190722_201452.jpg

3:Lineswoman retraced back to where she saw the forward pass, forgetting about the momentum of the backwards throw projecting the ball foward
IMG_20190722_201536.jpg

#JorgeWasRobbed

Last edited:
No, I just replayed it a few times -19 minutes in.
Commentators questioned who called it as it looked like the lineswoman ran backwards prior to Jorge's catch, meaning that she deemed Turbo's perfect backwards pass forward :cool:

1: Turbo clearly in front of line as he throws
View attachment 11862

2: Jorge jumps to catch, lineswoman in front of Jorge
View attachment 11863

3:Lineswoman retraced back to where she saw the forward pass, forgetting about the momentum of the backwards throw projecting the ball foward
View attachment 11864

#JorgeWasRobbed
One of the things I noticed on theTV was “somebody” screaming out “FORWARDS” on any passes of ours that looked remotely flat. This happened all the game, and the refs seemed to fall for this skullduggery with relative ease..

One of the things I noticed on theTV was “somebody” screaming out “FORWARDS” on any passes of ours that looked remotely flat. This happened all the game, and the refs seemed to fall for this skullduggery with relative ease..
Just switched on the 2nd half and I think its a man poncing around on the east side @:blush:

Apologies to them for the gender mix up but their call was still wrong :nod:

Don't know if this has been posted previously - very interesting insights into Arthur & the Eels last week

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8