Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 18, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I get the inside shoulder bit and under the interpretation now it’s a penalty but common sense dictates that how far the receiving player is behind the block player must be taken into account. If he’s tight in behind sure but he was metres away from the block player.

If the receiver was a fullback returning a kick and running behind a player by the same distance it’s never a penalty. It’s a joke rule to cater for refereeing incompetence and feel.

Not a single player was impeded either by sight or ability to make a tackle and it was a great rugby league try.

The NRL has created a rod for its own back by making these ridiculous black and white rules to cater for referees who have zero feel for how the game is played.

Another symptom of the damage caused by a rudderless NRL.
Agree, Yet Hodges in origin a few years ago was fine

Hmm, reading back, I may have gone off a bit half cocked, 6 week old baby and no sleep will do that. I was looking forward to the game heaps and was a bit disappointed in how it ended and maybe forgetting all the signs to like from the 1st half.

Seeking attention, post didn't match the game. Parra got a few lucky tries we completely out play them

Something tells me this is your attitude in every facet of your life.
Cheer up, you'll learn.

Learn what? that some dude on an Internet forum whom I can never remember interacting with reallly doesnt know anything about me or the facets of my life?

We blew them off the park and did enough to win and then we lost intensity . Parra did not inspire us enough to take them seriously
Next week against the storm we will be more focused through out the game
We are still learning as a team and there is still improvement in us . I do not believe we have peaked as yet and the best is yet to come
I have seen enough from our team today to have confidence of a win against Melbourne

We blew them off the park and did enough to win and then we lost intensity . Parra did not inspire us enough to take them seriously
Next week against the storm we will be more focused through out the game
We are still learning as a team and there is still improvement in us . I do not believe we have peaked as yet and the best is yet to come
I have seen enough from our team today to have confidence of a win against Melbourne

Very true, BOZO. And if there was one thing Des was the master at in his first stint as our coach, it was getting his team to peak at the right time. He won't necessarily be expecting a win next week against the Storm, but he'll be plotting to beat them when it counts.

I don’t think I heard the Manly chant once. Good numbers, but need to get loud.
3 times it went around the ground. The first was a minute before Chez sold the dummy and scored :party:

It was exhausting dealing with Ceccin's endless fwd pass calls, spurious penalties and the forensic disection of almost every try :swear:

I'm exhausted and have no voice left so no replay tonight as I can't summon another 'WTF Ceccin' :fubar:

3 times it went around the ground. The first was a minute before Chez sold the dummy and scored :party:

It was exhausting dealing with Ceccin's endless fwd pass calls, spurious penalties and the forensic disection of almost every try :swear:

I'm exhausted and have no voice left so no replay tonight as I can't summon another 'WTF Ceccin' :fubar:
It was probably the fact that the daughter and I were yelling over the top of each other in excitement, that we couldn’t hear it on TV. Best part (for us) was when Parker scored, and we both went up yelling Ginga Ninga in unison!.....then we both looked at each other and laughed, never, ever, did we think those words would ever be yelled.

Parker still can’t catch or run without falling over
Garrick still runs sideways too much and misses easy conversions
Tagus still has no urgency and is so slow at everything.
Cherry still plays way to loose
croker is not a hooker
Thompson and siro still play too tight and run at the markers way to much

There is a lot that needs to be better. That 2nd half pissed me off no end, it should have been 50-12. We will be cannon fodder if we don’t address the fundamentals.

This was not a good win, but I’ll take it and move on, but there should be no resting on laurels after that 2nd half.

Yeah, I gave the useless bastards all a 1 as well. Shameful, disgraceful. That bad I removed my Manly shirt out of embarrassment. Completely ruined my day that win!

Cue fanboys who throw dummy spit ratings at anyone who dare constructively criticise our team. If you can’t see the points I’m making, well you are watching footy wrong
Totally agree mate. That’s the way it was and the way I viewed the game also. We have done well to get this far and would be a shame to throw it all away without respecting the basics of footy. I think your assumption was more than fair.

Very true, BOZO. And if there was one thing Des was the master at in his first stint as our coach, it was getting his team to peak at the right time. He won't necessarily be expecting a win next week against the Storm, but he'll be plotting to beat them when it counts.
Yep how good is his presser. Just said there are three teams in the comp melb, Easts and souths. Talks like we are no hope compared to the “yardstick sides”. Just the master at taking the edge off and keeping the pressure away from the side. You can bet his message to the troops is different. This weeks game is our game of the year so far. The rivalry with Melb has never died and it will be reignited in a big way come Sat night. Bring it I say!

Congratulations to every one that was at the game today !!!

Manly fans answer critics with bumper crowd of 15,245 for Eels clash
Sea Eagles fans answered criticism of their attendance numbers at Manly games by turning out in force for their side’s 36-24 victory over the Eels.
A bumper crowd of 15,245 turned out to witness Tom Trbojevic lead Manly to a win that cemented their fifth place position on the ladder.

It might have been a perfect Sydney’s winter day, but Sea Eagles fans responded to criticism earlier in the week.

The Daily Telegraph reported the Sea Eagles fans had been abandoning Lottoland in their thousands.

In the past five years, over a 26 game period, 115,000 fewer fans have turned up to the Brookvale, while compared to a similar period between 2007-2009, the figure is 150,000 less.

Since 2007, the ground has welcomed just 9869 fans per game. No other NRL venue averages less than 10,000.

With the club now in contention for a top four finish under Des Hasler, hopefully the crowd for their clash with traditional rivals the Eels will signal a turning of the tide.

“They turned up. 15,000 its been a long time, so it was great to see the fans turn up and the boys put on a good display for them,” Hasler said.

The crowd seemed pretty quiet to me on channel nein...

Anyone who was there... was the crowd loud and just poor microphone placement?? Hardly heard the crowd at all..
The Manly crowd was quiet today, quite unusual considering it was packed. I was involved in one loud Manly chant from the FM stand and heard one slow m-a-n-l-y chant coming from the hill. Chanting was definitely conspicuous by its absence today :(

An unwelcome noise the whole game was an Eels fan on the hill banging a drum trying to imitate the Scum's cowbell :tmi::swear:

Hmm, reading back, I may have gone off a bit half cocked, 6 week old baby and no sleep will do that. I was looking forward to the game heaps and was a bit disappointed in how it ended and maybe forgetting all the signs to like from the 1st half.

Learn what? that some dude on an Internet forum whom I can never remember interacting with reallly doesnt know anything about me or the facets of my life?
Just enjoy the win JB. 6 week olds is hard graft. Plonk the little one in front of the highlights, that’ll soothe him (or her). We have a habit of clocking off a bit in these types of games. Next week will be the real test. Get some sleep.......

Thought it was a great game and Manly were way more dominant than the 12 points suggests. Can't understand why Thommo's try was disallowed? It was an awesome try.
Jealous of everyone that got to Brookie today. Vital to get that win in front of the crowd today.
Next stop, down to Melbourne to wipe the smile off Mr 400 game's face.
Sorry @niccipops but you have a right to be jealous. Lovely weather, great crowd, superb win, it was a wonderful afternoon at Brookie @:D

Sorry @niccipops but you have a right to be jealous. Lovely weather, great crowd, superb win, it was a wonderful afternoon at Brookie @:D
Glad you enjoyed it. Always better live and especially at Brookie. I'm 1,000k away but my spirit was on the hill.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10