Game Day: Manly v Easts [Round 22, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
That was an awesome win and definitely a true indication of where we stand now coming into the home stretch of the season!!!!

Apart from the first 10 minutes we started the game a little on the rusty side but we did well to remain in the contest especially considering the blatant forward pass down the touchline that lead to a try.

18-4 up the roosters , then we upped the tempo, forcing them into making errors with our relentless defence and they never had a hope in hell of getting back into the game once we got on a roll!!!

What a fantastic comeback and win , one of the best that i have ever seen from a Manly side. Just a spirited and gutsy effort and performance. Great teamwork . goal line defence and just playing for each other so well again . Just some edge and general defence to brush up a bit and they are surely more then back in business as a serious and competitive final" s team. The great result actually had me feeling quite emotional . i must admit, at the end of the match . Certainly hope that it is good tonic to make Ryan"s and Niccipops difficult week feel a bit better and good also that it was a special result for Eagle Heart and her Mum

I'd be interested to get some clarification on the strip rule. I understand the officials deemed that the first tackler had fallen off before the second player came in to strip it. However, I'm sure I have seen the same scenario happen before and penalised. I could be wrong.
Baz said in the presser that they are 50-50 calls.

Turbo has to learn to wrap his free arm around the ball once he is tackled though.
The 1 on 1 strips happen to him regularly :(

I think by and large they've given up on forward passes.
One of my pet hates along with the crappy play the balls.
That roosters dummy half thought he was Aaron Rodgers.
The second marker was never called offside, yet he was always to the right of the ruck.

Poor Api tried to get a few penalties by running into them, but the Refs ignored their offside markers :swear:

Last edited:
The second marker was never called offside, yer he was always to the right of the ruck.

Poor Api tried to get a few penalties by running into them, but the Refs ignored their offside markers :swear:

We were too good for the refs today. They tried hard but we even won the penalty count we were that good.

I thought that strip try was 100% a fair try but really unfortunate for us. DCE nearly pulled off a bit of brilliance but his foot wasn't quick enough to get down in the in-goal. He then did some good work in breaking through a tackle before Mitchell got him one on one. Unfortunately breaking the previous tackle left him vulnerable and Latrell had favourable body positioning to pull off a one-on-one strip.

That was a lucky win and not a true indication

We started the game with more of the same

18-4 up the roosters went to sleep, we were lucky they kept making errors and never got back into the game
Although then again, two of the roosters tries were lucky, one was a strip (which was fine, although soft) and one was a clear forward pass. Scoring 32 unanswered points against the roosters is brilliant, especially considering their solid defence. I don't think they really fell asleep i reckon we just decided to put them to sleep

Twin turbos, full boost.anything is possible and I think they have still got more horsepower to unleash.how good was that.

Hooray! Great win.

Wait...I didn't see the second half and they scored 30 odd unanswered points??

-I am not a jinx
-I am not a jinx
-I am not a jinx
-I am not a jinx
-I am not a jinx
-I am not a jinx
-I am not a jinx!!!!!

I swear most of the Manly boys don't know the victory song. lol The first couple of lines...then the guzzle guzzle guzzle bit!

Hope to find a replay somewhere and watch it in full!

woohoo

go Manly!

downside of winning is reading in this thread about a bunch of middle to old aged males and their erections! ewww. No one wants to read about something so small

What a fantastic comeback and win , one of the best that i have ever seen from a Manly side. Just a spirited and gutsy effort and performance. Great teamwork . goal line defence and just playing for each other so well again . Just some edge and general defence to brush up a bit and they are surely more then back in business as a serious and competitive final" s team. The great result actually had me feeling quite emotional . i must admit, at the end of the match . Certainly hope that it is good tonic to make Ryan"s and Niccipops difficult week feel a bit better and good also that it was a special result for Eagle Heart and her Mum
Good on you man!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12