Game Day: Manly v Easts [Round 22, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Retro Round

Tom Trbojevic
2. Matthew Wright
3. Dylan Walker
15. Brad Parker
5. Akuila Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Shaun Lane
13. Jake Trbojevic

Lewis Brown
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Lloyd Perrett
21. Kelepi Tanginoa

Dylan Walker playing his 100th NRL game and
Tom Trbojevic playing his 50th NRL game :clap:

LADDER POSITION
7 :pointup:@:)

GAME DAY INFO

Sunday 6th August

Lottoland

GAME TIMES

Gates Open: 9.30am

NYC 9.45am
Intrust Cup 11.40am (Fox) Blacktown v Wyong
NRL 2:00pm (Fox)

CASUALTY WARD

Brett Stewart (Knee, Season)
Steve Matai (Neck, Season)

Jorge Taufua (ACL,indefinite)

Curtis Sironen (Pecs, Round 25)

TIPS

https://silvertails.net/pickem/2017-jan-davis-memorial-tipping-competition.3/

POST GAME SUMMARY
DGhjjkFUwAA-0o-.jpg

Sea Eagles 36 (Tom Trbojevic 2, Matt Wright, Lewis Brown, Brad Parker, Daly Cherry-Evans tries; Matt Wright 4, Daly Cherry-Evans 2 goals)
defeated
Roosters 18 (Daniel Tupou, Latrell Mitchell, Luke Keary tries; Latrell Mitchell 3 goals) at Lottoland.
Half-time: 18-10 Roosters.
Crowd: 14,564

Match Highlights
http://www.nrl.com/rd-22-sea-eagles-v-roosters-hls/tabid/10959/contentid/928798/default.aspx

Presser
http://www.nrl.com/rd-22-press-conference-sea-eagles/tabid/10959/contentid/928800/default.aspx

Team Song

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Last edited:
5 games to go. Manly can still turn this around and enter the finals as the form team of the competition.

It all starts today. A win against 'Easts' will erase our recent nightmares and give us the confidence and momentum to hopefully achieve 5 wins on the trot heading into the finals, and possibly even top 4 if we can get a couple of big wins in the process.

Here is why we can still make the top 4 if we win all of our games from here on in -

Next week - Broncos v Sharks, Roosters v Storm, Cowboys v Panthers

Rnd 24 - Cowboys v Sharks,

Rnd 25 - Broncos v Eels, Sharks v Roosters

Rnd 26 - Cowboys v Broncos

And throw in a possible upset or two and we could very easily be right in the mix if we just keep on winning starting from today.

Great read about Api in the Telegraph today. Am i missing something? I didn't know that Brown went thru a similar thing recently?????? And here we are constantly bagging him............I feel horrible!!

If i am to make a realistic prediction, and considering that the Roosters have the 3rd best defence (Their attack is pretty much on par with ours), and assuming that Manly can get back to some of their earlier great form i would say - Manly 16 - Easts 14

Great read about Api in the Telegraph today. Am i missing something? I didn't know that Brown went thru a similar thing recently?????? And here we are constantly bagging him............I feel horrible!!
Dont feel horrible mate, Brown shouldnt be in first grade and thats the truth. He has been poor at manly ever since we signed him, and if the off field stuff is effecting him he should be given a rest. That sounds very harsh but in all honesty its the truth. Lewis is a great bloke though and i hope he can become stronger from this.

Game day and I'm pumped! What better way to get our season back on track than a Sunday arvo game at Brookie against Easts in retro round. Today is make or break as our season has hit the fork in the road. I believe our forwards will stand up today and knock the door down. We need our second phase today!
KARN MANLY!!

Going to the game today with my beautiful Mum who has not been to Brookie for years and years, can't wait....!!

Wish the boys all the best today and hopefully they can come out and be competitive. And maybe just maybe, they can do enough to get a win, which would be incredible of course.

Have a great day fellow Silvertails.....!

And go the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles......!!

Yes mate not good . I dont think any of us knew about this , poor buggar.

I've resisted from biting my nails all week, thought I'd need to save them for this game. Should be a thriller, however I'm tipping us to beat them 12-10 in a low-scoring bruiser of a game. We'll be ready for this one, the boys will be firing to go.

Brown's estranged Dad suicided.
Sad all round :(

Glad that Api has found his grounding with his new love and little daughter :inlove:

We really need our boys on the bench to play out of their skins today.

Perrett in particular has the size and skill to really make an impact if he can get pumped for this one.

I can see Lussick rising to the occasion now that he has regained his match fitness and got a couple of his brain snaps out of his system.

Hopefully Wright gets back to his earlier form, and players like Kelly and Winterstein run some more smarter angles.

We need more of a 'rushing up as one, up in their faces defensive effort today. None of that hanging back flat footed **** that we have seen over the last 3 games.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8