Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 20, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think we all got a little bit carried away because he hit a massive hole last week and scored a try. I have watched that Tigers game twice and for the life of me cannot understand all the love he got in that game. The fact of the matter is Jake and Taupau have been carrying the rest of the forwards all year. They need more support. We need a Boyd Cordner type more so than David Klemmer, who can go missing at times.

Definitely need a hard running second rower, I don't mind Winterstein but in reality he should be a bench player, not an 80min second rower

Definitely need a hard running second rower, I don't mind Winterstein but in reality he should be a bench player, not an 80min second rower

He really doesn't give enough................i was shocked they resigned him.

He's one of those guys you think should be better than he is.................but he seems a little soft for the NRL.
Sevens players don't really do any hard stuff!

He really doesn't give enough................i was shocked they resigned him.

He's one of those guys you think should be better than he is.................but he seems a little soft for the NRL.
Sevens players don't really do any hard stuff!
Perhaps he was re-signed in the knowledge he will most probably be a bench, rather than starting, player in the coming years.

There was a rumour from @Snake a month or so back that there was a good second row signing coming and from the clues he gave he may have been in the opposition today

Sometimes a huge loss like that can be a blessing,I'm sure that the players can't wait till next week to come around quickly ,hoping that they can turn a terrible week into a positive by beating the storm,knowing that most teams that get a hiding usually turn up the following week,so I'm quite confident next week will beat the storm.

Dylan walker, tapau and DCE 3 of our very best today were very very dissapointing. They are 3 senior players that were having a very off day.

Dce for one cannot run the team without a decent 5/8. Got caught out too many times today out if position trying to cover for what green would normally do

Well that was terrible. I know our results have been surprisingly positive this year but the worst thing about today of course was that -30 for and against. We've got some tough games coming. Smith will manipulate the refs next week. Hope the boys can surprise us. That was as a very bad result for this time of the year.
Horrible game.
Losing in that manner truly sucks. Heads up and roll on next week.

I have to disagree with your thoughts on the media.Other than those reporting about the salary cap issue,which they're entitled to,Fulton has the rest in his back pocket.

It is o.k. we can agree to disagree on that. ;-)

I should maybe have clarified though with - 'it is mostly negative stuff we get from the media'. The amount of times we have been splashed across front and back pages with utter rubbish 'stories' happens far more often than some of the nicer pieces we very occasionally get. And the 'high intensity' of the negativity from the media can also not be ignored.

The media have propagated and made up lies and put dirt on our club and
singled out certain players mostly for years and years. Without going into every crappy story ever published about our team & or player(s), IMHO I feel we are unfairly treated by the media as a whole.

Our logo was used for that blackest day of sport rubbish and what came of that? The gazelle fairy tales, the calves blood, the match fixing non event.

Now this salary cap stuff....!! Is this even about salary cap issues?? WE are one of a number of clubs apparently singled out over who knows what. And why aren't the media reporting and slinging mud on them? We were thoroughly investigated by the NRL about four years ago and did the media report on how we came away from that clean ad nauseam.....! The media in general are lazy and choose to magnify the negative rather than search for the truth. Bozo has not been able to stop the fabrication of lies over the past week or so. Which in my mind is not fair nor warranted by the media in general. It is not the truth they publish and so therein lies my disdain.

And does this crap affect our boys, club, reputation, sponsorship chances etc etc. Because I can tell you now it affects me............!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7