Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 20, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Women in League Round

Tom Trbojevic
2.Brad Parker
3.Dylan Walker
4.Brian Kelly
5.Akuila Uate
14.Jackson Hastings
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
15.Lloyd Perrett
9.Cameron Cullen
10.Martin Taupau
11.Frank Winterstein
12.Shaun Lane
13.Jake Trbojevic

Darcy Lussick
17.Addin Fonua-blake
18.Jarrad Kennedy
19.Joey Lussick

20.Lewis Brown
21.Jonathan Wright

LADDER POSITION
3 :pointup:@:)

GAME DAY INFO

Sunday 23rd July

WIN Stadium, Woolongong
http://tickets.nrl.com/venue/win-stadium
Promo: Eagles2017

GAME TIMES

Gates Open: 9:30am

NYC 9:45am
NRL 2:00pm (Fox)

Womens Interstate Challenge - 11.45am (Fox)

CASUALTY WARD

Brett Stewart (Knee, Season)
Steve Matai (Neck, Season)

Jorge Taufua (ACL,indefinite)

Matthew Wright (hip, indefinite)
Curtis Sironen (Pecs, Round 25)
Lewis Brown (knee, Round 21)

Apisai Koroisau (calf, Round 21)
Brenton Lawrence (back,Round 21 )
Blake Green (hip,Round 21 )

TIPS

https://silvertails.net/pickem/2017-jan-davis-memorial-tipping-competition.3/

POST GAME SUMMARY
IMG_20170724_064410.jpg

Dragons 52 (Jason Nightingale 2, Euan Aitken 2, Tim Lafai, Gareth Widdop, Jacob Host, Paul Vaughan, Matt Dufty tries; Gareth Widdop 8 goals)
defeated
Sea Eagles 22(Dylan Walker, Joey Lussick, Jake Trbojevic, Akuila Uate tries; Daly Cherry-Evans 2, Jackson Hastings goals) at WIN Stadium.
Half-time: 30-0
Crowd: 16,883

Match Highlights
http://www.nrl.com/rd-20-dragons-v-sea-eagles-hls/tabid/10959/contentid/927083/default.aspx

Presser
http://www.nrl.com/rd-20-press-conference-sea-eagles/tabid/10959/contentid/927118/default.aspx

Team Song

HealthyHarold.jpg

Last edited:
woohoo rock and roll!

Go Manly!

This is another 9pm game for me but in a total tragedy I'm not at home so I'm away from my nice HD coverage.

In a further tragedy..... 'someone' organised a night out so I probably wont even see the game. :( (live)

It's a bonus game....I rarely get the bonus game correct...but I tipped Manly, so that's a worry!

Hopefully a good performance and we're not too rusty with all the new faces.

The ladder should keep Manly focused.:happy:

Win by 12 and remain at 3rd, lose and it's hanging on to a Top 8 by the skin of our teeth :whew:

Let's Go Manly, let's Go :party:

Morning all, hope were all fired up for another Manly win. We all know WIN isn't the happiest of hunting grounds for us, but there is a little but of significance for us. Our last win there, R5 2003, was actually our first win after re-entering the comp as Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles!! We smashed em 38-12 and you may remember our now coach Baz getting slapped on the sideline by Nathan Brown, and John Hopoate doing the hot shoe shuffle down the eastern touch line as he scored the match winner.
We definitely owe the Dragons some payback after the game earlier this season and I think Cherry will have the boys firing as a result. Manly to win 22-14.

Dean Ritchie was just on 2SM and said that Dugan was out. That'll help us but he also said that Lawrence was out.

I'm worried about losing Koroisau. He does so much tough defence in the middle. I think we'll miss him and Saints may take advantage.

Really need a win with the hard games coming up.

I'm not confident but now i know it's been 2003 since our last win makes me think it's time for one now. :nod:

Finding a way to win , this is the necessary requirement for these type of important late season games and last week"s Manly effort showed that they are capable of and understand this prerequisite . Also the previous early season game against the Dragons included that absurd interference on D C E which resulted in the Dragons first try , some uncharacteristic Manly one on one misses in defence and allowing some continuous off loads with the Dragons forwards . It would not be expected for these negative instances to be repeated on the same scale this afternoon [ and i have never seen another example of the blanant overlooking of the disgraceful D C E incident ] , and it is still a very competitive Manly team that will take the field today . So guys , aim up , find a way to win and GO MANLY .

I would prefer Darcy to start, but will watch with interest how young Perrett handles it.
AFB wasn't as good starting earlier this season, so will be a good test for Perrett.

I'm expecting the usual. Farcical refereeing decisions to the Goons coupled with some poor defensive lapses from us. This game will be an absolute joke. Goons by 8

So Cullen in for Koroisau, Parker in for Wright, Perrett in for Lawrence. Kennedy on the bench.

Cullen is 2cm smaller than Koroisau but the same weight, slightly more stocky, and 10 months younger. He is not afraid to throw his body on the line, very skilful, great kicking game, and quick off the mark. Should keep the Dragons guessing and be a constant threat.

Parker is great under the high ball, a great finisher, very athletic with very safe hands. He has good speed and stamina and reads the game well. 1cm taller than Wright, 5kg lighter and 6 years younger.

Perrett is a monster. 7cm taller than Lawrence, 10kg heavier and 10 years younger. Always looking to offload and very selective, is more of an impact player than Lawrence. He will no doubt be pumped up for a big one today and be keen to prove himself in the run on side!

Kennedy, named in the NSW Cup team of the year last year in second row, has a very high work-rate in defence who is also capable of playing in the centres if needed. The 28 year old will be keen to try and resurrect his NRL career today.

The big issue facing Perret, AFB and Lane today will be mental toughness. We all recognise their talent, but they will be called upon today ... it will be a measure of each of them if they answer the call and compete for the full 80.

Our bogey team.

We have a better record against St Merge than the Washington Generals do against the Harlem Globetrotters ;)

My biggest concern today is Perrett starting. Does he have the mobility against fresh players? We got found out in that situation with Vave last year, AFB was found out earlier this year. I just hope that Lloyd puts my fears to rest.

So Cullen in for Koroisau, Parker in for Wright, Perrett in for Lawrence. Kennedy on the bench.

Cullen is 2cm smaller than Koroisau but the same weight, slightly more stocky, and 10 months younger. He is not afraid to throw his body on the line, very skilful, great kicking game, and quick off the mark. Should keep the Dragons guessing and be a constant threat.

Parker is great under the high ball, a great finisher, very athletic with very safe hands. He has good speed and stamina and reads the game well. 1cm taller than Wright, 5kg lighter and 6 years younger.

Perrett is a monster. 7cm taller than Lawrence, 10kg heavier and 10 years younger. Always looking to offload and very selective, is more of an impact player than Lawrence. He will no doubt be pumped up for a big one today and be keen to prove himself in the run on side!

Kennedy, named in the NSW Cup team of the year last year in second row, has a very high work-rate in defence who is also capable of playing in the centres if needed. The 28 year old will be keen to try and resurrect his NRL career today.

Mate, I am a Parker fan, but he has average speed for a centre and poor speed for a winger. Also he has played all his football in NYC as a centre and would have as much experience at taking bombs as @globaleagle .

What he does have is that he is a footballer and I don't think he will let anybody down

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7