Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 20, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
very angry.

It is not hard for the forwards when they are told to run it hard and not throw punches?

Harden up and play like you want a premiership.

Edit: Errr.... it was 2am and I was rather 'tipsy' when I made the above post!

so I've cleaned it up a bit.

Though I'm still kinda annoyed but my headache is getting first priority. lol

go Manly!

Last edited:
Not sure if Hastings is the player i thought he was. Very disappointing. Cullen is definitely more class. Perrett must see a skinny 5 foot midget when he looks in the mirror because he sure hits the line like one. And Lane has just undone every ounce of good work he has done over the past two games. DCE is the $10 man after that performance. Rubbish.

Too much butter in our forward pack. Perret, lane, lussick, winterstein,

No one bar jake tackles with any intent, that's the reason for offloads and quick play the balls.

Dylan walker is off his game. Kelley has regressed significantly since a great start to the year.

Cherry is still taking some terrible options, despite his recent good form.

Think we were guilty of reading our own press. Our form has been terrible for a month and we are. Lucky to have not lost more.

At least we will see how much pride and desire the players have next week, the performance will tell us if they want to be playing finals footy, we could easily miss the 8 if we don't change our attitude and attention to detail.

It was a terrible terrible performance.

In the final 6 matches St Merge, eels and panthers seem to have a fairly good draw.
Ours is difficult even though there are some we should win. The Cowboys have a tough run too.

NRL changes: Blake Green, Brenton Lawrence OUT (both rested).

Joey Lussick makes NRL debut. Hastings in for Green, Perrett for Lawrence.

It begs the question - how do we know that Green and Lawrence were "rested" and not out due to injury, albeit on the day of the game??

Just back from an arduous trek home from the game. All I can say is s*** stadium with s*** facilities and to top it off a s*** result :mad: @:mad: :(

Just got home from the game. Set out at 10.30am can't comment on the game because I couldn't see a damn thing on the hill, will now have to watch the recorded game. That is hands down the ****tiest stadium I have ever been too with the most unhelpful people working there. We had GA hill it was full one hour before game started was told you can only upgrade if you are a St merge supporter, you cannot walk around inside. Each area is fenced off. One entrance/exit (I am sure it would not be compliant), can't see the screen/clock from the hill and portable toilets. Makes Brookie a dream... pisses me off even more that I am now going to watch a game that only had 1 good part in it. Rant over.

We really are a backrow away from being competitive. Seems our go forward really has struggled since Jorge got injured. Lane and Frankenstein are soft. No go forward there at all. Kapow and Jake have carried the side all year but kapow has hit a slump last few weeks. Ran for 97m today. A few weeks back it ran for 200+ for 3-4 weeks in a row.
Can't help but think Jake is becoming more and more prop like too.
Not sure of the solution from here. Desperate for 2 strong backrowers. Jake can't do it by himself.
Lane running for 46m.. is that legit?
Lane had 2 dropped balls and a penalty in the first 13 mins. Needs to be dropped next week. Would rather put Kapow into the 2nd row and punt lane

Its a reality check.

This team was never likely to be to a true premiership contender if injuries hit, and they have. Its not because of poor depth, our U20s are generally going great guns. In a sense this loss is good for Manly because Barrett now knows the limitations of what he's got. His top team is capable of top 4 ranking, but then there are about 8 or 9 teams in a similar situation. Have injuries at the wrong time and you're up against others sides capable of Top 4 aspirations.

St George almost had their top team on the field and I think Nightingale is a better fullback option that Dugan. We'll make the semis, probably between 5-8 but the hard work of getting us here has been done, Where we end up in the semis will depend on how few injuries we sustain. Its obvious we have some top level players like the two Trbojevics, DCE, Green, Taupau, Koriasau, Lawrence, Uate, Taufua, Walker and Kelly ( the last two will be much better next year). There are some rising stars in Sironen and AFB. There are some promising young players like Hastings, Cullen, Parker, Tom Wright, Anderson (the winger) who are either not yet ready or are not going to make it. A few solid support players like Winterstein, Wright who do their job but wont win you games. But at this stage unless we have our best side on the field we arent going to get beyond 5 this year.

Having said that I can see us coming back next week and beating the Storm. And I think we have to remember where we were last year and just as in Hasler's second year, Barrett has us on the rise. Unrealistic to expect Rome to be built in a day. The jigsaw is starting to make sense. There's a few pieces missing yet. Unless we have a real problem with the salary cap issue, which is nothing more than a Greenburg Witchhunt (he's a disgrace to be holding the position he has), Fulton and his spies will no doubt have a couple of first class names added to the side for next year. Maybe Roberts. Barrett's got the talent (a lesser coach would not have got this squad so far), and with the right personnel, he'll have Manly as a serious threat next year.

My tips were close this week.

Oh yeah I saw it coming a mile off.

IMG_3031.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_3031.PNG
    IMG_3031.PNG
    232.2 KB · Views: 5
67 % completion rate with 43 % of possession seemed to be the most telling statistic for Manly today and combined with the generally ineffective team"s defensive effort . Still obviously capable of putting on points even with a weakened and disrupted side but again the lack of tackling vigor and intensity will have to be addressed very promptly[ [ Jake T. of course is the exception] .The Dragons are a pretty fair footy side but to put 50 points and even with some lucky tries on Manly today again was a very disappointing reflection on Manly"s defensive resolve and attitude. Of course the side can and is capable of bouncing back and with API and Green and b J returning ..Just as a historical context , a near full strength Manly were thrashed by some 20 points or so by Souths in 2008 at about this time of the season and with many commentators at the time writing them off and we all know what happened then . This current Manly side aint no 2008 version but is still a quality side at full strength and when playing their best footy and still most likely final"s bound of course. So despite today"s disappointment , Manly supporters should still take heart and with a positive outlook, there should and will still be mainly better times ahead.

It begs the question - how do we know that Green and Lawrence were "rested" and not out due to injury, albeit on the day of the game??

Just back from an arduous trek home from the game. All I can say is s*** stadium with s*** facilities and to top it off a s*** result :mad: @:mad: :(

Well done for getting to the game @ALinda and for enduring what was obviously a terrible afternoon.

That would have truly been a crap of a game to go to indeed.

I remember a few years back going to Leichhardt oval and watching Manly get towelled up by the Tigpies. It was a horrible rainy and cold afternoon and I had to stand up the whole game to try and see anything. There were also some very scary/aggressive Tigpie supporters making the experience more unpleasant. Some old Tigpie fan was yelling out right near my ear, I don't mind people yelling out, but he was screaming out every few minutes, I tried to move and he followed. I had to walk around to another area to get away from him. And I did not bother buying any food or using any of the facilities either. I don't know if I will ever heal from that experience, I still get cold sweats when I think about it....!

Just got home from the game. Set out at 10.30am can't comment on the game because I couldn't see a damn thing on the hill, will now have to watch the recorded game. That is hands down the ****tiest stadium I have ever been too with the most unhelpful people working there. We had GA hill it was full one hour before game started was told you can only upgrade if you are a St merge supporter, you cannot walk around inside. Each area is fenced off. One entrance/exit (I am sure it would not be compliant), can't see the screen/clock from the hill and portable toilets. Makes Brookie a dream... pisses me off even more that I am now going to watch a game that only had 1 good part in it. Rant over.

Well done to you Karin for getting to the game. Sounds like Alinda and yourself can share notes on how terrible the game day experience was. And that is a bit concerning about areas being fenced off and not being able to walk around inside, sounds very dodgey actually.

Thanks for letting us know what the ground is like though, will be sure not to go there ever....!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6