Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 20, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Missed tackles, failure to prevent offloads, and not enough effort to contest high kicks. Those three things lost us this match.

Well done for getting to the game @ALinda and for enduring what was obviously a terrible afternoon.
Thank you @Eagleheart and yes the one and only positive this afternoon was the nice weather! For a supposed 'stadium' and charging stadium prices, the facilities were abysmal (eg no video screen or clock, one entry/exit for GA, portable toilets with queues forever, no parking, etc, etc). In comparison, Brookie is all over WIN and that's saying something! It was my first visit and will definitely be my last!

As for Leichhardt, I haven't been there and, after today's debacle, I don't think I want to as I imagine it would be a similar experience. I can relate to your comment about the screaming Tigers fan as I've had a few of them in my ear at Brookie over the years. Their fans would be amongst the noisiest in the NRL.

To be fair, there is actually plenty of street parking near WIN Stadium - we were there early for the Origin (just caught the last 10 mins or so of the u/20s), and there was still heaps of parking in the free multi-storey council carpark at that point. You want to look at the side streets on the opposite side of Corrimal Street, not on the stadium side where there's not much parking at the best of times.

There are also more toilets (not portables) at the back of the GA hill, it's a bit like Brookie in that sense - find the amenities not as many people know about and you're all good.

Also not sure what people mean about not being allowed to walk around inside the GA areas - I got up and went for a wander several times, and we shifted where we were sitting at least twice to make room for more friends turning up. Yes, there's a fence between the alcohol/no alcohol areas of the hill, but you only have to go down either the front or back of the hill and use the pathways to go around.

I hadn't been to WIN in years after my nephew (5 or 6 at the time) was verbally abused by drunks and had beer cans thrown at him at a Saturday night game. Security did nothing about them, even though we were sitting in the 'alcohol free zone', and we ended up leaving before the end of the game because it just wasn't safe. No issues at all yesterday, the crowd around us were fine and the security guard nearest to us even thanked us for putting all our rubbish in a plastic bag to make it easier for the cleaning staff to collect.

Apart from the main game itself, our group actually had a really pleasant afternoon.

I'm still upset about the result yesterday and have decided I need a private holiday which is basically a public holiday for one and seems completely legit. Boss doesn't understand and is forcing me to work!
Work beckons. No more Silvertails for at least 8 hours!
Aaaaargh!
Go Manly! Prepare yourselves for storm smashing.

On sterlo show going over the lussick punch. Reacted to an elbow first and widdop also threw a punch but got away with it

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8