Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 14, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great all round performance today everybody played well. Master class by young Turbo, Cust very impressive and the pack finished all over a big powerful Dragons pack. Tactics and interchanges spot on. Well done boys!

Croker and Corey were watching the warm up with a giant in Manly civies.

He was twice the size of Corey and when he turned around it was Toff. Never realized how truly giant in height and shoulder bredth this guy is :eek:

So sad that his joints let him down as he is exactly the mass we need out there :(

Lots of times a player grounds the ball in goal with no opposition hand on him. I really dont know the rule though

As far as I know it's if the player "deliberately tries to ground the ball in goal" that it's a drop out.
So a player can just put downward pressure on the ball and leave it there and it's deemed grounded whereas Dufty wasn't trying to ground it and we didn't have a hand on him so fair enough to play on.
I have previously seen players remonstrate to the ref when they have been called as forcing it when they didn't think they had and conversely claiming they forced when they hadn't.
Ultimately it's "interpretation of the ref" that brings in the greyness.
That's my understanding anyway.

In my opinion Dufty had no intention of grounding the ball in goal so play on.

As far as I know it's if the player "deliberately tries to ground the ball in goal" that it's a drop out.
So a player can just put downward pressure on the ball and leave it there and it's deemed grounded whereas Dufty wasn't trying to ground it and we didn't have a hand on him so fair enough to play on.
I have previously seen players remonstrate to the ref when they have been called as forcing it when they didn't think they had and conversely claiming they forced when they hadn't.
Ultimately it's "interpretation of the ref" that brings in the greyness.
That's my understanding anyway.

In my opinion Dufty had no intention of grounding the ball in goal so play on.

The problem with your last sentence is if that pass did not go to hand and manly then grounded it, you can bet the try would’ve been taken off us. Black and white rules would make the game much more enjoyable.

Great win today. Must beat the titans next game going into the bye, then we are primed. Much needed injection to our points differential also!

That was the coming of age day for Tommy. All the brilliant talent in the world, but today he took the final big step of taking a game by the scruff of its neck and destroying Saints.

Thought this game was going to be a good test ,Having not a good record against them then down 8 nil .The game changed when McInnes went off ,I still think they would win but it helped our cause
Great win just need to keep it up with no major injures and could give the premiership a bit of a shake

I'll join you.

Found out 2 hours before the game one of my last remaining Aussie friends just lost her battle against Breast Cancer. Only in her 40's.
This win has made my week, ive been going through a rough patch latley and really needed something to smile about, thankyou Manly!!!
I had the year from hell over the offseason mate. Hang tuff buddy. I’m sure you can make it good.

A great team effort today in attack & defence. Unless someone is injured, Parker may not regain his place. Perhaps, he could play off the bench as a backrower?

I'll join you.

Found out 2 hours before the game one of my last remaining Aussie friends just lost her battle against Breast Cancer. Only in her 40's.
I'm almost exactly where you are. I have a good friend who went through a ghastly major op to get rid of cancer about a year ago. They took part of her stomach, gall bladder, bile ducts, and her whole pancreas - which of course, made her an instant, and most difficult kind of, diabetic.
She's struggled mightily for a year and then it returned with a vengeance. After weeks of palliative care, she's not expected to last for more than another two days.
We are all so fragile.
It's one of the reasons I love nothing more than immersing myself in our team - it gives us so much without it actually being the big life stuff.
Sorry for the big post.
Go manly!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7