Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 14, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good situation to be in. An elite centre and two young guys with potential who are very different in terms of their strengths. Horses for courses maybe with Moses and Brad as Dylan can play both sides. In a position we were all worried about both of them have risen to the challenge. I got it wrong re Parker and I am enjoying every dose of humble pie that comes my way. Keep serving it up Brad.

I know it’s a business these days but I feel a twinge if sadness when I read the names of those no longer there.

Green was reminiscent of Parker. Look how the latter has gone under Des’s coaching. Green has disappeared off the scene and yet is still only 27. I had forgotten about him until I read V8’s post

Starling was a very solid prop who gave his all every week. Still only 29 years old and no longer in the NRL.

Williame - read Green.

Wright - he never really let us down. Good goal kicker and a safe player under the high ball. At least he got to play a part in the surge to the semis in 2017.

Buhrer - wish he could have stayed.

Lussick - he could have been anything under the right tutelage.

Burgess - not in the same class as his brothers, but showed some glimpses of what might have been.

Brown - a NZ international, treated abominably by many on this forum.
Nothing against Elliott, however perhaps we should have kept Matt Wright as both can play the same positions & Matt could play 5/8 also & a reasonable goal kicker! Just sayin’.......

Wright is now playing for the Capras.

We revere the players that take the club to premierships, or at least grand finalists. There are others that kept the club’s on-field fortunes (good or not so good) ticking over, that generally tend to be forgotten. Remember Brendon Reeves? Albert Torrens? There are so many of them.

Wright is now playing for the Capras.

We revere the players that take the club to premierships, or at least grand finalists. There are others that kept the club’s on-field fortunes (good or not so good) ticking over, that generally tend to be forgotten. Remember Brendon Reeves? Albert Torrens? There are so many of them.

Wright has moved to Newcastle in the 3rd division of English RL.

I admire Annesley for giving these seemingly frank de-briefs. He is a polished performer and I'm finding myself agreeing with many of the points he's making.
I'm disappointed there was no mention of the Dufty incident because if this is a new rule - the Claytons forced ball rule - we should all know about it. It again shows me that today's 'journalists' rarely ask probing questions.
I guess we'll all have to wait for clarification when a similar incident happens that affects the Donkeys adversely.

0i8a7715.jpg

NRL team of the week has five Eagles:

NRL fans were impressed with the performance of a handful of Manly players last weekend, resulting in the Sea Eagles dominating the Team of the Week for Round 14.

Five Manly players - Tom Trbojevic, Reuben Garrick, Daly Cherry-Evans, Jake Trbojevic and Martin Taupau - were chosen following their side's impressive 20-point win over the Dragons on Sunday.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7