Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 14, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surely that game puts to bed the notion of Parker over Walker

Quality, early ball for once and he was unstoppable. Parker has been good and solid but he doesn’t have those extra gears that Walker does
Walker played well today, but I think you could argue that Parker was probably our best outside back in the first 10 rounds. I wonder if he comes in for Suli (who was also very good today), or will remain in reserve grade.

I'll join you.

Found out 2 hours before the game one of my last remaining Aussie friends just lost her battle against Breast Cancer. Only in her 40's.

Condolences and sorry to hear of your loss my friend. Although a game of footy does not do much in these hard situations, I hope it at least took your mind off things for a couple of hours and gave you a bit of a smirk with a Manly win.

Hi happy Silvertails
I was watching the match on the NRL app while pulled off the road during a pelting, swirling thunderstorm. We were down 8-0. Then a maroon and white Kombi drove past and they scored. It was a Manly Kombi no doubt.;) The skies soon parted, back on the road listening to the radio and things just got better.
One of the easiest matches to listen to this year. No CPR needed, just relax and enjoy the show. I'll have to watch the full match replay on the app.
Still standing solid in the 8. Well done Dessie and Manly!

Surely that game puts to bed the notion of Parker over Walker

Quality, early ball for once and he was unstoppable. Parker has been good and solid but he doesn’t have those extra gears that Walker does
I put walker on right, Parker in left

Re the "grounding" decision, I wonder whether there needed to be a defending player's hand on Dufty when the ball touched the ground in goal? That's the only thing I can think of as to why it wasn't called... well, apart from just plain ineptness from the officials.

Lots of times a player grounds the ball in goal with no opposition hand on him. I really dont know the rule though

That was a very satisfying win.

They didn’t just beat them, they reminded everyone that we were potentially robbed of victory, courtesy of a refereeing blunder, the last time they played each other.

Good to get a bit of that St Merge monkey off our back. Our record against them is horrible, so would love to get a positive mindset on that and claw back the ledger

really enjoyed that today. always felt we would come back and to be watching Turbo in this sort of form is something else. When he went through the middle to set up that try (on the last tackle) was just what Manly should be. No formula just play with confidence. Brilliant.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8