Manly v Dogs [Round Finals Week 2 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I said it yesterday and I'll say it again now....

I couldn't give a rats backside who wins the comp now.....so long as its NOT the Vermin. Even if a Rorters win means I have to buy a Pommy mate of mine the Aussie league jumper of his choice.

They have to change that stupid rule of giving a whole set again to the opposition if the ball hits the ref. one tackle ok but a whole set is just wrong.

panash said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Jerry1 said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Jerry1 said:
Settle down

Cheers Jerry...I prefered manly to win but they can be tuff but am disappointed they lost. I hate any Super league team and the dogs are one of them. Sorry you guys lost. i would have preferred to have had a second GF so we can beat you again but ... it might have to be agaisnt the dogs or panthers, as long as we can get past the vermin.
Not a worry - think most of us have had enough of this season anyway.

Enjoy your off season and if it doesn't hurt that much, cheer for the chooks. At least they are non super league and are the nice guys of league...you know like Mini :D

I don't believe ur sentiment. If you wanted to know what happened it was all over channel 9 !!

Typical peasant supporter

Read if you can...I just got in...to watch the match and unfortunately it finished...that's why i asked what happened. that's OK dickheads like you are in many places. Dig it?

Roger_Ramjet said:
Jerry1 said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Jerry1 said:
panash said:
Ur a dick head
Settle down

Cheers Jerry...I prefered manly to win but they can be tuff but am disappointed they lost. I hate any Super league team and the dogs are one of them. Sorry you guys lost. i would have preferred to have had a second GF so we can beat you again but ... it might have to be agaisnt the dogs or panthers, as long as we can get past the vermin.

Enjoy your off season and if it doesn't hurt that much, cheer for the chooks. At least they are non super league and are the nice guys of league...you know like Mini :D

The vermin will wipe the floor with you cheats and then they'll choke in the GF. We still win in the end and our premierships will always be untainted unlike yours.

mickqld said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Jerry1 said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Jerry1 said:
Settle down

The vermin will wipe the floor with you cheats and then they'll choke in the GF. We still win in the end and our premierships will always be untainted unlike yours.

Well maybe I didn't say it that nicely, I meant to say to Jerry to enjoy the off season, in a nice way, not meant to sound like I'm mocking you guys cause I never did or never will BUt if your sentiments are still the same Mick QLD, then I can't change that. Manly are my 3rd fave team in the comp and that's why I am here. I hate the Dogs and other than the vermin losing, next would have been that manly would have beaten those dirty dogs. Anyway you guys take it the way you want

Roger_Ramjet said:
panash said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Jerry1 said:
Roger_Ramjet said:

I don't believe ur sentiment. If you wanted to know what happened it was all over channel 9 !!

Read if you can...I just got in...to watch the match and unfortunately it finished...that's why i asked what happened. that's OK dickheads like you are in many places. Dig it?

No mate !!! It's those that try to get some attention in a opposing club forum.

Get a life looser !!! You honestly think any of us here believe ur kindergarten story about not knowing what happened.

It's almost as good as my dog ate my homework.

Typical tool

panash said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
panash said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Jerry1 said:

No mate !!! It's those that try to get some attention in a opposing club forum.

Get a life looser !!! You honestly think any of us here believe ur kindergarten story about not knowing what happened.

It's almost as good as my dog ate my homework.

Typical tool

Ahh go away DH! Not worth wasting time on you.

Great comeback and proud of the boys. I'm assuming a few who posted earlier in the match are too embarrassed to come back-slapping now.
But this is going to sound weird, in a way I'd rather get flogged than lose a match we could/should have won. There's no dwelling on the 'what ifs' when you lose big. It's easier to suck it up and move on I think.
And I'll say something a little controversial, if Killer converts that last try, we win. Bull scum didn't have another try in them, and they couldn't win by kicking 3 field goals - that's too much of an ask, even for Dogkinson. I hated saying that, and that's what I hate about close losses.

Just a few match stats from the NRL Match Centre

Time in Possession:
Dogs - 51%
Manly - 49%

Total Run Metres:
Dogs - 1,853
Manly - 1,729

Offloads:
Dogs - 9
Manly - 16

Kick Metres:
Dogs - 654
Manly - 596

Total Tackles:
Dogs - 319
Manly - 354

Missed Tackles:
Dogs - 42
Manly - 65

Errors:
Dogs - 8
Manly - 10

Our individual stats leaders were:

Metres: Josh Starling (196), Peta Hiku (176), Cheyse Blair (152)
Tackles: Tom Symonds (44), Daniel Harrison, Brenton Lawrence (33), Josh Starling (32)
Missed Tackles: Jayden Hodges (7), Daly Cherry-Evans, Peta Hiku, Steve Matai (6), Brett Stewart, Kieran Foran, Justin Horo (5)

Merdy33 said:
Great comeback and proud of the boys. I'm assuming a few who posted earlier in the match are too embarrassed to come back-slapping now.
But this is going to sound weird, in a way I'd rather get flogged than lose a match we could/should have won. There's no dwelling on the 'what ifs' when you lose big. It's easier to suck it up and move on I think.
And I'll say something a little controversial, if Killer converts that last try, we win. Bull scum didn't have another try in them, and they couldn't win by kicking 3 field goals - that's too much of an ask, even for Dogkinson. I hated
saying that, and that's what I hate about close losses.

Not controversial, except to upset some who rightfully love and appreciate all the positive things that Lyon is and does for the team. Nevertheless, it was a missed kick that would have won us the match. While Jamie is a reasonable goal-kicker, it hurts not to have a sharp-shooter who could be relied on to hit such kicks under the pump.

Like I said elsewhere the better team lost tonight. Great performance from a injury ravaged Manly side. The dog's will get knocked out next week and so will Ennis hoping so.

Nice that guzzler didn't come on here straight away to troll. (not that he trolls anyway....unlike one seemingly protected troll)

IN a complete lack of surprise to everybody.

The "don't question our integrity" match review committee has decided not to chanrge Josh Jackson for his chicken wing tackle, nor Ennis for his late hit on DCE.

"If you pick on us, Toddy will protect us," the gutless mrc said upon departing nrl headquarters with $100 notes falling from their pockets.

edit: Just saw the NEW thread on this.

My rant still stands.

Guzzler said:
Been a while since I have visited Silvertails not by choice just changed jobs and went from office worker to back on the tools so computer time is less than it used to be.

Anyway good luck and as always should be a cracker of a game.

Just quietly go the dogs:p

By the way miss you GE:heart::D

:angel:

Awww... I just saw this!

lol

Good luck with your new job, hope it pays more!

A couple of things from this game that are not mentioned at all.

Can someone explain to me why Josh Jackson' try was disallowed? The one where Reynolds ran from about 5 metres out from the Eagles line. It doesn't matter HOW the ball out, wether it was stripped or not. The bottom line is, the ball NEVER went forward, it "spurted" out BACKWARDS, Jackson picks it up and scores. That would have made it 22-0. All what Gus Gould kept on harping on about was Reynolds trying to pass the ball. How on earth can he conclude Reynolds was trying to pass it is beyond me, but in anycase, the ball went BACK, NEVER went forward. Fair Try DISSALOWED.

I have also seen a picture in regards to Reynolds being offside. What people haven't talked about is the positioning of the referee which was incorrect.
The Manly player who played the ball (I cant remember which one) was playing it between 12-13 metres out from the Dogs line. The referee had the dogs team on the tryline. Instead of the 10 metre rule, it was a 12-13 metre rule which is not in the rule book. A metre here and there can make the world of difference.
The referee had incorrect positioning in the first place.

In terms of Reynolds kicking the ball into the ref. I don't believe he did it deliberately. He got lucky. What no one talks about is, if this same scenario happened on the other side of half way ( a bulldogs player kicking it into a ref in the Dogs half), it would be a Manly feed and it would it a non issue here. Its just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
I agree the rule is a but stupid. But you play to the rules.

What you conveniently disregard from the Manly v Dogs game @Bulldogfan1
IS : The difference Ballin, Choc, Buhrer and Glenn Stewart would've made on the night. FAR more than a lucky kick, a few metres here or there, or any rules U want to include or excuse.

IF it had been Golden-Try (not Golden Point) that too could've been far more relevant and indicative of who was the better football team (not just who can execute a Field-Goal better).

I don't care about last night's game. Except I wish the Riff had won.

I hope Souths steam-roll and batter De$ and your Bulldogs now.

And...Channel Nein : "Live and Free" (in Standard Definition)??

What a crock, and insult to all viewers and fans in 2014.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4