Pre-Game Manly v Cowboys [Round 15, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 28
4 Pines Park
17 Jun 2022 06:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite amazed at the positivity about this week's game, compared to recent weeks and when we were playing lower teams. As one poster in another thread said - the Cows are a well-drilled side, compete for the full 80 with solid defence - and they're all playing as a team, and consistently like a top 4 side and I couldn't see how we were going to match them, let alone defeat them.

However, we're playing at home, the Cows won't be acclimatised to the cold and they are due for a loss. Taking these factors into consideration and reading this thread has now given me some much-needed optimism. To get in the top 8 and make something of the season, this is a must-win. Good to see DCE's back as we'll need his kicking game (amongst other things like defence and discipline) to achieve it.

Last edited:
I'm quite amazed at the positivity about this week's game, compared to recent weeks and when we were playing lower teams. As one poster in another thread said - the Cows are a well-drilled side with solid defence - and they're all playing as a team, and consistently like a top 4 side and I couldn't see how we were going to match them, let alone defeat them.

However, we're playing at home, the Cows won't be acclimatised to the cold and they are due for a loss. Taking these factors into consideration and reading this thread has now given me some much-needed optimism. To get in the top 8 and make something of the season, this is a must-win. Good to see DCE's back as we'll need his kicking game to achieve it.
Some of that optimism may be how they played last week. They were less than convincing. A The had a few out but and I think most are back against us. Oh well if we want to be better.

I'm quite amazed at the positivity about this week's game, compared to recent weeks and when we were playing lower teams. As one poster in another thread said - the Cows are a well-drilled side, compete for the full 80 with solid defence - and they're all playing as a team, and consistently like a top 4 side and I couldn't see how we were going to match them, let alone defeat them.

However, we're playing at home, the Cows won't be acclimatised to the cold and they are due for a loss. Taking these factors into consideration and reading this thread has now given me some much-needed optimism. To get in the top 8 and make something of the season, this is a must-win. Good to see DCE's back as we'll need his kicking game (amongst other things like defence and discipline) to achieve it.
All those factors are why I’ve changed , but I said “ winnable “ not “ absolutely going to win “.

If our packs plays with the same effort and intensity as last week, we get diamonds from DCE and not silly low percentage plays and we keep our errors to a minimum we will win.
The Forwards will win ( or lose ) this game not DCE.

If DCE gets space ( as was shown in Origin ) he can make the big plays.

When the forwards get rolled he struggles ( as do most halves ).

It’s very winnable given all the conditions , one of few away games for the Cows out of QLD, cold night , they are ripe for the picking !!

The Forwards will win ( or lose ) this game not DCE.

If DCE gets space ( as was shown in Origin ) he can make the big plays.

When the forwards get rolled he struggles ( as do most halves ).

It’s very winnable given all the conditions , one of few away games for the Cows out of QLD, cold night , they are ripe for the picking !!
Definitely going to be won or lost up front, Luki and Gilbert especially are big outs, but they get Cotter and Nanai back which are big ins, our big men need to make their presence felt and win the middle, (obviously) Paseka back in the 17 would be a good thing, win the middle, shut down and or limit Drinkwater’s impact will also go a long way to closing their attack out. Expecting Chez to have a good game, rested and on a high from SOO 1, hopefully he brings his A grade kicking game, our boys stay on for 80 and we get the W. Really looking forward to this game to see where we’re at, wishing it was Friday already.

Cows play a simple game plan and execute to perfection. Their line speed is similar to Penrith and we struggle matching up to this tempo for 80 mins. This is going to be a significant step up compared to the Warriors and Tigers. I am hoping that we compete well and test them but they are Top 4 for a reason. Similarly to the Panther/Storm games I think we will struggle to score points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10