Pre-Game Manly v Cowboys [Round 15, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 28
4 Pines Park
17 Jun 2022 06:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your first sentence says it all .. it is no coincidence that our form improvement has come on the back of contesting the middle.

If the new attitude persists ... then DCE will be the biggest beneficiary .. playing behind a pack that has decided to go forward ... I think you will see why he is paid what he is.
Yeah, until he starts crabbing and turning forwards back inside for nothing plays and completely undoes the good platform layer. If DCE does not continue to give Ola early ball and space I will be incredibly pi$$ed.

Straightening our attack has helped the team and help Jake more than anyone. Still more room for improvement their yet.

Up against Qld lock and ball playing tackling machine Cotter this week. Jakey boy doesn't get a better chance to show his opposite up to stake a claim for origin game 2.

Cows play a simple game plan and execute to perfection. Their line speed is similar to Penrith and we struggle matching up to this tempo for 80 mins. This is going to be a significant step up compared to the Warriors and Tigers. I am hoping that we compete well and test them but they are Top 4 for a reason. Similarly to the Panther/Storm games I think we will struggle to score points.
Both teams similar to 2021.....we were top 4 for a reason last year & they were bottom 4 for a reason. Yes things change, however our season has been disrupted by injury etc. Not an excuse but much more than the Cows. Yes they're top 4 right now but that means jack$hit. I still don't rate the Cows & we will show we can still be a top 4 team!

Cowboys forward line up seem a lot more mobile this season and apparently getting more value again from Taumalolo . Townsend looks like a good addition too and some wraps on their defence . Smart kicking game for Manly is going to be essential to disrupt the Cows present pattern . Would like to see Walker and Schuster in the play as much as possible if the Cows defence and mobility is one of their stronger suits . , Have to get into the grind and play good controlled footy for the whole game but their involvement could be decisive . Getting a real sense of expectation on this one , not make or break time but of course Manly on the cusp of being able to make a real statement again for final "s calculation and a great boost to get the win . Plenty of reasons to be up for this one and as good a side as currently available for Manly to get the job done .

:cool::cool::cool:
35996b84cb28188b4bc58f883e38b8036dca3bf9
ah yes, the famous hand of god (Foran), similar to the Maradona one against the Poms in the soccer WC final.

If we get on a roll, the 13+ could get a big shake tbh.
Problem is if we get on a roll, the $6.50 will also get on a roll. I don’t see this being a high scoring win if we can pull it off, their defence is just to well organised and to well drilled in the scramble, their second half defence is outstanding, all good we will just have to score our points early in the first half, then frustrate them into playing dumb football for the remainder of the game.

Problem is if we get on a roll, the $6.50 will also get on a roll. I don’t see this being a high scoring win if we can pull it off, their defence is just to well organised and to well drilled in the scramble, their second half defence is outstanding, all good we will just have to score our points early in the first half, then frustrate them into playing dumb football for the remainder of the game.
At lot of what you say is true, but all the ingredients are their for us to get the win. Cold night at Brookie, with a goodish Friday night crowd, been a while since they've played a Sydney team in Sydney, and we are building nicely after two good wins, DCE is back, even though some have doubts on his club form, his kicking game is probably the best in the comp tho. Really should be the 8pm game, can't wait.

So was JT whining about the blatant strip that gave them their 2nd try. No of course not. Now I hate them just in time to see us kick their arses again. Fu*koff Cows you pretenders. Eat sh*t.
Anyway, the score was 22-12, OK, I'll admit that it did look like Foz touched it and I'll deduct 6 points, so Manly won 16-12, surely they can stop bitching now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8