Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 13, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Unreal how they are carrying on about The Gos' late hit on JT.

Cronk and Tallis reckon its a multi week suspension.

Fair dinkum it was an eight of a second late.

If it was Slater on JT would they be carrying on????

Looked like an unprepared side. Outside backs did not get any good early ball. The passing was slow and lacked confidence. They were disorganised at times. Several times ball went back inside instead of continuing outside to take advantage of runners such as Suli. Thurston was given more room to move than in any game I have seen this year. Very disappointing. Perhaps the worst Manly spine I have seen.

Unreal how they are carrying on about The Gos' late hit on JT.

Cronk and Tallis reckon its a multi week suspension.

Fair dinkum it was an eight of a second late.

If it was Slater on JT would they be carrying on????
Kasiano got off, and his was later than Jetski's @:cool:

Basically Manly's main strength over the past 2 years or so has been playing fast and direct through the middle with penetration and allow the attack to work off this be it offloads or inside balls through the middle, beyond that no real composed structure if that doesn't work.

Now today when simple hard running straight up the middle plays with a little variety was all that is required we risk field position with low percentage early offloads,running it on the 5th way too early in the game,poor dummy half distribution(not TB's fault) and slow spreads and second man plays when the squad comprises of Hodkinson and Wright who lack speed and no Walker to use his speed one on one or Tom to chime in from the back.(mind you Tom doesn't chime in all that well laterally anyway)

I'm not going to go as far as say sack the coach----as i do think TB has good man management skills and flashes of a good footy brain, just that his inexperience is keeping him one dimensional and blinkered in his approach/analysis.

Watching Kapow v Taumalolo tonight just reinforces my opinon of Kapow.

He's not a leader and we have erred badly building our forward pack around him.
His obsession with offloads makes me thinks that there is a clause in his contract which gives him a bonus for X number of offloads per year.

Wouldn't it be interesting if he actually charged towards a gap, rather than charging directly at the defender with the pre conceived plan to offload after contact.

Said the same thing weeks ago.

Stop the sh*t and just tuck the ball under your arm and run STRAIGHT.

Offloads should be a by product of momentum. Not a preconceived idea before you even catch the f*cking ball.

I still can't believe I sat through most of that game. It is so sad seeing our once great club playing like this. Anyone go to the game? How was the crowd? Are the pies hot yet lol? Haven't been to Brookie in 3 years now.

I've grown used to the poor discipline and sheer stupidity, but in a season that's already been piss poor, that was probably our most piss-poor effort so far. Our entire pack was dominated by one player, and Thurston showed what a good half is supposed to do on the back of Taumololo's unopposed performance. Thurston's best days may indeed be well behind him, but he's still more than capable of doing his job on a footy field.
Take Jake out of our team and we are shot.
lol @ sheer stupidity ...sadly we all nod at this point

Piss off you too American Eagle, I think DCE is an absolute liability to the team, our culture, our salary cap and a disgrace to everything we stand for. 1.3 million dollars for what? Mediocrity is obviously your norm.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11