Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 13, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
He is the most embarrasing big bodied forward in the competition. Looks asleep. Just can’t even come up with a reason for how he goes about it.
Wrong..Frank actually defended really well. Some of his line defence as usual was crazy good. He just didn't have anyone next to him that gaf

Seriously WTF would you know?
I dread the consequences of the team without DCE.
Put ANY halfback from any other team into that rabble tonight and the result is no different.
Bulls*it.... He's paid squillions to do SOMETHING....he runs sideways backwards and kicks like a girl and plays dumb.

It was seriously late and a very very dumb play.
He'll get 2 weeks and deserves them. F****** dumb play.
After watching the team all year, he probably thinks that dumb plays are what's required to keep him in first grade.
Send him back to Souths, I expected much more from this bloke after what I had heard about him but he's got nothing!

Put ANY halfback from any other team into that rabble tonight and the result is no different.

Neither Hodgo or DCE played well tonight.

At least one thing I like about DCE. He's always there in defence. A lot of times the last guy trying to make a tackle before they score. Trying anything to stop them putting the back down.

And he looked really dashed after their tries.

But let's be honest. We're stuck with him for how many more years. ? 5. So what's the point.

The frustrating thing is if he does this, no c*** can stop him. What do you do with a problem like Marty?
Comes across as feeling the pressure to deliver offloads because Manly's general go forward sets and attack over the past few years in many respects has been about offloads,middle third penetration and fast play the balls.

Probably expected of Marty from the coach to deliver in this department, not to the risky extent he does it, but it is in the back of his mind to get those stats up.

Lacking outside backs flair and attacking form/structure Marty feels more pressured to offer second phase play so that Manly can generate go forward and attacking opportunities through the middle, more so with players out.

With the penetration in the forwards simple straight directness combined with outside in balls would offer more in the early stages during the grind and trying to establish field position, the offloads and lateral spreads can work their way in over the course of the half when fatigue sets in.

I'm not going to go as far as say sack the coach----as i do think TB has good man management skills and flashes of a good footy brain, just that his inexperience is keeping him one dimensional and blinkered in his approach/analysis.
How many years will it be before he is no longer The Rookie Coach?
Quite the honeymoon.

So 5 mins out from half time DCE kicks out over the side line instead of contesting the play and trying for a contest and maybe a repeat set. You clearly have no idea as to what it takes to be a competitive half back. This guy is clearly like you and equally has no idea.

Piss off you too American Eagle, I think DCE is an absolute liability to the team, our culture, our salary cap and a disgrace to everything we stand for. 1.3 million dollars for what? Mediocrity is obviously your norm.
Let's not forget the ratchet clause in his contract where his salary increases with any increase in salary cap. If people think he's overpriced now, he'll make Myles look like the buy of the century in a couple of years time when he bleeds us dry.

He is the most embarrasing big bodied forward in the competition. Looks asleep. Just can’t even come up with a reason for how he goes about it.
We gave this joker an extension last year can you believe it? we should have sent him back to rugby sevens.

Just not our night and we've got plenty of players playing with little experience. Something that we have to keep bearing with for this season.

I got to shake Kyle Feldt's hand after the game. I've always liked him as a player. JT was great with the young fans as well.

Wrong..Frank actually defended really well. Some of his line defence as usual was crazy good. He just didn't have anyone next to him that gaf
He’s 6 ft 6 110 kg athletic and yet he doesn’t touch the ball in attack , has no awareness and NEVER does the tough metres in his own half .If that’s acceptable then NRL first grade has changed a lot.To be a first grader you perform WITH and without the ball.

Basically Manly's main strength over the past 2 years or so has been playing fast and direct through the middle with penetration and allow the attack to work off this be it offloads or inside balls through the middle, beyond that no real composed structure if that doesn't work.

Now today when simple hard running straight up the middle plays with a little variety was all that is required we risk field position with low percentage early offloads,running it on the 5th way too early in the game,poor dummy half distribution(not TB's fault) and slow spreads and second man plays when the squad comprises of Hodkinson and Wright who lack speed and no Walker to use his speed one on one or Tom to chime in from the back.(mind you Tom doesn't chime in all that well laterally anyway)

I'm not going to go as far as say sack the coach----as i do think TB has good man management skills and flashes of a good footy brain, just that his inexperience is keeping him one dimensional and blinkered in his approach/analysis.
Surely Cartright's experience is there for a check and balance and to address this issue?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8