Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 13, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Geez, 2 hours late in starting this thread.

It takes me that long to work out the time difference!

Edit: I know Matt Scott is still listed in the cowboys playing list but I don't know how, or even if I can change those things.

I'll just assume no one reads them all that much.

Forgot it was game day already :giggle:

Scott has to be ruled out officially before his name drops off the list.

NRL.com is all about Origin so the Teams this round are disregarded by most Media :cool:

Manly to light up the new scoreboard tonight:party:

Referees: Ben Cummins, Peter Gough;
Sideline Officials: Alan Shortall, Michael Wise;

Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Luke Patten;

Can’t wait to get down there after work. I was there for the Newcastle game and I really hope we get a crowd far better than the 4,500 we had that night, with a later Kickoff this evening.

Manly by 8.

Hard to see where our points will come from unless our headless chook stuff in the red zone improves and the turbots are behind a lot of our good stuff BUT they look absolutely awful on paper and lacking in desire.

As usual the standard will drop away alarmingly across the board over most games in this period but we should scratch a win out.Generally hate the stuff played over origin. It’s even more predictable than normal but at least the origin looks like a fair fight for once and hopefully it will make up for it.

Last edited:
I'll be rushing back from the airport to try and make the game otherwise I'll be watching on tv booo

This is a chance to unleash the beasts ( AFB and Marty) and crucify them up the middle. These guys are devastating .

Get the big guys rolling and have Api ,DCE , Kelly , Suli hunting off them up the middle. We would kill them.

Jake orchestrated a lot of our middle stuff ( like Brincos second half) but there is enough experience out there to do this easy.

If we go flat, wide and sideways in the red zone that will just about do me. This is a chance to use our strengths.They have a reserve grade pack. I live in hope.

Api should be jumping out of his skin but Kelly for man of the match.
Us by 12

Game Day and it’s Thursday , FMD all we’ve done is replace the hated Monday night game with the hated Thursday night game!!

Of course doesn’t worry me as I have 6 Saturday’s and 1 Sunday EVERY WEEK!!

PS: you have to have Sunday as that’s Bacon and Eggs day, every other day is weetbix or porridge!!

The Cowboys are missing - Morgan, Hess, Cooper, Scott and Bolton.

Not only should we win this, but we should win by a massive margin. This is the perfect opportunity to boost our for and against quite significantly.

This Cowboys line up would have to be the weakest squad to take to the field this season.

Even without Tom and Jake we should be able to demolish these Cowboys by 30+ points.

Ben Hampton to front row to replace Scott - yes, you read that correctly - that's what they were saying on the radio this morning.

Need to be tidy around the ruck, Granville will be smarting that he missed Origin selection and be out for a big one.

Lane needs to step up tonight, he aint no Jake.

Ben Hampton front row

Height 179 cm
Weight 87 kg

We will be spending a lot of time in the Cowboys half tonight.

I am tipping that one of the Cowboys will be sent to the bin.Thurston, Coote or Granville most likely.

The Sea Eagles are expected to be 1-17 with Tom Wright and Lewis Brown to drop out of 17. Jack Gosiewski (broken hand) and Brad Parker (knee) both took part in captain’s run and both will play. The Cowboys will have two changes with both Scott Bolton (ribs/sternum) and Matt Scott (suspension) to be ruled out, currently they have named Ben Hampton in the front row, but I expect Shaun Fensom and Corey Jensen to start there. Kane Linnett will play his first game of season after recovering from a pectoral injury suffered in a pre-season trial. Linnett will start in the second row with NRL debutante Mitch Dunn coming onto bench. Scott Bolton and Javid Bowen will be the two players to drop out of squad.

Game Day and it’s Thursday , FMD all we’ve done is replace the hated Monday night game with the hated Thursday night game!!

Of course doesn’t worry me as I have 6 Saturday’s and 1 Sunday EVERY WEEK!!

PS: you have to have Sunday as that’s Bacon and Eggs day, every other day is weetbix or porridge!!

I love the Thursday night game, hated Monday though

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4