Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

31 6
4 Pines Park
04 Mar 2023 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon is clearly in the top 30 or he wouldn’t be 22 on the reserves. Would have been nice to see both weekes and Gordon in the 17. Weekes either replacing Parker or Christian with Gordon on the bench at 14 but I guess they just see weekes as 14, so only chance for Gordon is with an injury to Crocker :/
GCKT is not in the top 30. Development player only. I thought a Development player could be added to team list for game day experience only?

Not that good a record over the Dogs last season , second game loss could be partly put down to injuries , i st game not really an issue for a narrow win . So will have to be some general improvement in Manly "s overall play and efforts to get a real edge . Dogs might try to get Burton to test out Cooper John's defence but should be able to hold out O K and with a bit of extra support . Manly 's kicking game will have to be up to scratch as well to at least match Burton 's noted kicking game . Manly certainly look the better side on paper , good trial form in general but will have to have all their attention on getting and staying on top . Maybe Froggy will need a rest at some stage but no idea how that maybe accommodated . Bully to cover a couple of forward positions but not sure that he has previously had any back line experience , Burbo for that and for Weekes to hopefully get on the field at some stage but not for any back line injuries of course .

I just hope Condon, Vaega, Harper and GCKT get a run this weekend, the first three with Blacktown and GCKT with Jersey Flegg, for which I still think he qualifies.

Otherwise, how do they get match fitness and challenge for a spot, when they are sitting on their butt on the bench?

I have to be honest, and as an ‘old fart’, I still like the ‘old days’, when reserves had to play the reserve grade game to be eligible to be a reserve, and reserves were only used when someone was injured, not when someone needed a rest. Well, except for Warren Ryan in the GF, when he thought Blocker and Sirro needed a rest.

It also made the reserve grade game so much more interesting. It is what it is and I just have to adjust, however, I think it was better.

Weekes will probably cover that, as well as being cover for injuries amongst all back line positions. Quite a job. He's up to it!
Perfect spot for him tbh. Can you imagine the impact Weeks will have coming into games off the bench against tiring forwards running off the shoulders of Turbo or Schuster. Weeks will have ample game time owing to the inevitable injuries we usually pick up in the course of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8