Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

31 6
4 Pines Park
04 Mar 2023 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the bench, it seems Seibold and Flanagan want really high impact players, not big plodders like Toff, as replacements. Bullemore, with his speed, can certainly get over the advantage lne with each carry and Burbo is much the same this year, since he's 'bulked up', and as we saw in the trials.

To me, it makes perfect sense to have Jake as prop, as that's where he plays for NSW and Australia, and he tightens the defence in the middle and when he hits in defence, it hurts, however, he always apologises.

Keppie at lock is interesting although, I think by round 6 you'll see Samuela Fainu there.

Barring injuries, I can't see any changes to the backline and Cooper Johns will just replace DCE during Origin, and Shu when and if he gets injured. Maybe Garrick for Parker when Saab comes back from injury and Weekes for Turbo, if he breaks down again and while it may not be a hamstring, unfortunately, I cannot see it not happening (shoulder, ribs or whatever), however, I hope not.

It's interesting that Seibold has already moved Jake into prop, as he plays for NSW and Australia in that position, so I would not be surpised if he puts Weekes at fullback and Turbo into the centres at some stage during games. It makes sense, given that's where Turbo plays for NSW and Australia.

The forwards, however, I can see plenty of changes over the year and the only three I would assume will not change, barring injury, are Jake, Olakau'atu and Tuilagi. I think Fainu, Fifita and Tuitavake will be pushing for spots well before mid season. In fact I was interested that one of the Daily Mispellagraph tipped Samuela Fainu to be 'Rookie of the Year.'

Looking at the bench, it seems Seibold and Flanagan want really high impact players, not big plodders like Toff, as replacements. Bullemore, with his speed, can certainly get over the advantage lne with each carry and Burbo is much the same this year, since he's 'bulked up', and as we saw in the trials.

To me, it makes perfect sense to have Jake as prop, as that's where he plays for NSW and Australia, and he tightens the defence in the middle and when he hits in defence, it hurts, however, he always apologises.

Keppie at lock is interesting although, I think by round 6 you'll see Samuela Fainu there.

Barring injuries, I can't see any changes to the backline and Cooper Johns will just replace DCE during Origin, and Shu when and if he gets injured. Maybe Garrick for Parker when Saab comes back from injury and Weekes for Turbo, if he breaks down again and while it may not be a hamstring, unfortunately, I cannot see it not happening (shoulder, ribs or whatever), however, I hope not.

It's interesting that Seibold has already moved Jake into prop, as he plays for NSW and Australia in that position, so I would not be surpised if he puts Weekes at fullback and Turbo into the centres at some stage during games. It makes sense, given that's where Turbo plays for NSW and Australia.

The forwards, however, I can see plenty of changes over the year and the only three I would assume will not change, barring injury, are Jake, Olakau'atu and Tuilagi. I think Fainu, Fifita and Tuitavake will be pushing for spots well before mid season. In fact I was interested that one of the Daily Mispellagraph tipped Samuela Fainu to be 'Rookie of the Year.'
Agree with a lot of your points rmd, but moving Tom out of FB, not sure, Tom offers so much more options attacking wise from FB.

Jake at prop just seems the right way to use him at this point of his career.
Disagree on Turbo, he is used as he is for NSW and Roos on account of the other options in the team - Teddy would not do centre as well as Turbo and Latrell do simply. Our backup guys are good but they are no Teddy (yet)
Burbo deserves his spot for the up-tempo speed of his play the balls - just hope Crokes can get the roll-on GCKT was creating for us in the trials.
Should be a good attacking unit, but hope their Def is what stands out this week.
Watch out for Burton on Dogs side, he's going places. And Mahoney too, he's got some niggle in him. Dogs aren't the easybeats they once were, but we are getting them early b4 they gel and the home ground advantage should get us home

Really disappointing that Schu isn't there. So looking forward to seeing his combo with Tom, Tuilagi , Parker and Garrick. Just remember back to when Schu played at 5/8 against scumatta and we flogged them at Wankfest stadium. Schu absolutely destroyed them that day with his ball playing skills.

Was just pondering a couple of things.
We haven’t earned 2 points since July last year, against the Knights.
The dogs got us twice last year, admittedly only by a point both times.
We are 0/7 losing would be 0/8 (equaling our worst losing streak, for the 3rd time)
We have lost Rd 1 for 9 straight years. (that’s a record)
Seems pretty hard to belief how important Rd 1 is for us this year. (migoty)
We just need to kick the year off with a win, build on our pre season.
Wish it was Saturday already.

We are 0/7 losing would be 0/8 (equaling our worst losing streak, for the 3rd time)
Couple of positive stats though!

We've won 7 of our last 8 against the Bulldogs, they've lost their last 6 at Brookvale.

Really disappointing that Schu isn't there. So looking forward to seeing his combo with Tom, Tuilagi , Parker and Garrick. Just remember back to when Schu played at 5/8 against scumatta and we flogged them at Wankfest stadium. Schu absolutely destroyed them that day with his ball playing skills.
Likewise mqld, Parra missing plenty of forwards tho, we should do a number on them even without Shu..

sorry, got of track...should be Bulldogs !!

We beat the Dogs in the first half of the season at Brookie by one point, but what you say is right, we had a massive lead against them in the final game and blew it.

There could be a late changeup with a young dummy half very close to getting a shot in the 17, this is the 2nd whisper about this, so don't shoot the messenger
But , how can this happen ( injury to Froggy).

Wouldn’t they then have to play Lawton who is top 30, first ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10