Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

31 6
4 Pines Park
04 Mar 2023 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side is to predictable and very much Hasler picked side.
Burbo and Cooper not 1st grade material, they both should be down in pecking order and Siebs has no balls to make hard decisions.
hes probably giving them a chance first and if they dont succeed they cant say they werent given opportunity.

Side is to predictable and very much Hasler picked side.
Burbo and Cooper not 1st grade material, they both should be down in pecking order and Siebs has no balls to make hard decisions.
When was the last time Des selected Jake or Bullemor as props? Both Burbo & Johns played well in the trials, and for this game Johns is probably the most appropriate replacement for Schuster. If I remember correctly, Des tended to disregard trial form.

When players such as Saab, Lawton, Fifita and Chan Kum Tong become available, we will have a better gauge on Seibold's selection processes.

Very wary of the old ambush here. One of the Approved NRL Narratives for Season 2023 is the fairytale rebirth of the Bulldogs (it's amazing what a truckload of poker machine cash can do for a club!), and if we're not careful we could find the game gets taken away from us. Trial form and good vibes will mean nothing if we get pumped at Brookvale in the first round. And when was the last time we won our opening game?
Interesting to see if Perottet keeps his post, what will happen to all that pokies revenue. $500 maximum a week and only with a registered gaming card.

Places like Canterbury Leagues won’t have the same funds to play with soon.

According to Corey Waddell, Burton's bomb is better than ever, and Turbo will be the Dogs' number one target (00:30 in video). Hopefully, opposition kickers will be under much more pressure from our team than in recent seasons.

Trivia - if the 'n' is lopped from Burton, it becomes an anagram for Turbo

Last time they did against dogs we put 66 on them I think. May be mistaken on that tho.
You're mistaken...that game against the Dogs was in 2021 when we won 66-0 but only Tom and Ben played.

The last time the Turbo, Jurbo & Burbo played together was in round 9, 2022 vs the Tigers. Actually, at the Fan Day recently Jake said the highlight of his career is he and his two brothers playing together in a starting side for the first time (which was in round 9, 2022.)

@globaleagle I am in US at the moment how do you watch games live from over here? I have tried Kayo through a VPN but Kayo is too bloody smart for that old trick.

I have tried Kayo through a VPN but Kayo is too bloody smart for that old trick.
Last year, it was possible to watch Kayo via VPN, but it seems not so at present. Channel 9 games can be watched from overseas. Otherwise, Watch NRL subscriptions are $24 pw, $44 pm or $229 pa (price increases of $4, $5 & $30 respectively since yesterday).

Perhaps, @globaleagle has better solutions.

Edit: the 9Now app also requires a vpn.

Last edited:
Last year, it was possible to watch Kayo via VPN, but it seems not so at present. Channel 9 games can be watched from overseas. Otherwise, Watch NRL subscriptions are $24 pw, $44 pm or $229 pa (price increases of $4, $5 & $30 respectively since yesterday).

Edit: the 9Now app also requires a vpn. I will investigate another method using Kodi & livestream.com, but I don't know if it works
Thanks for that. All sorted. It was easy ......

Edit: the 9Now app also requires a vpn. I will investigate another method using Kodi & livestream.com, but I don't know if it works

Thanks for that. All sorted. It was easy ......

I hire some down and out L.A. actors to re-enact the game for me. costs a tenner.

You're mistaken...that game against the Dogs was in 2021 when we won 66-0 but only Tom and Ben played.

The last time the Turbo, Jurbo & Burbo played together was in round 9, 2022 vs the Tigers. Actually, at the Fan Day recently Jake said the highlight of his career is he and his two brothers playing together in a starting side for the first time (which was in round 9, 2022.)
Nice pickup. Yeah I remembered the team trying to get Burbo a try in that game v dogs. I just assumed Jake would have been there cos he’s never out. Wonder where he was?

Biggest concerns for Sat arvo include
Mahoney creating issues if not properly checked all game,
Burton's bombs (particularly to Tui),
and Dogs lefts side attack with Kikau and the Fox...
BUT
Dogs missing some strike in the middle, so if we shut down Mahoney, our forwards work hard and particularly put kick pressure, and our right side works as a cohesive defensive unit (major weakness last season), then we will be too strong
Go Manly! First game of the new dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8