Post-Game Discussion Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
6 Suncorp Stadium
05 May 2023 20:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I'm sure Gordon will command selection when his performances are good enough.

Otherwise, would we be able to buy a hooker that is a clear upgrade on Croker for the same money?

Or if we signed someone more expensive at hooker, who would we move on elsewhere in the squad to accommodate them?

I'd like a Cameron Smith too, but our unbalanced roster arrangement leaves us constricted for options here.
We don’t need a marquee nine, just a nine. The Titans picked up Verrils and Randall (in a player swap for Greg M) in the off season and already had Erin Clark. Randall was basically free and is a huge upgrade on Croker. The cap is no excuse for sticking with a guy who clearly does not cut it.

I'm sure Gordon will command selection when his performances are good enough.

Otherwise, would we be able to buy a hooker that is a clear upgrade on Croker for the same money?

Or if we signed someone more expensive at hooker, who would we move on elsewhere in the squad to accommodate them?

I'd like a Cameron Smith too, but our unbalanced roster arrangement leaves us constricted for options here.

Simple-ish solution......might not be the most popular though.
Lawton or Gordon to dummy half, piss Johns off and Froggy to 5/8. Then when he comes back, play Schuster as a ball playing lock.

I missed the first half (lucky me) but thought Koula, Bully, Haumole, Lawton, Paseka and DCE were good in the second.

Actually, DCE tried his guts out tonight.

It's frankly embarrassing that the HALFBACK made the most tackles for the team.

Some players need to take a good hard look at themselves after that effort.

If Schu isn't back soon Johns is not the answer but I fear Weekes' confidence is shot.

I don't know that Gordon is the answer many are hoping for either, but we need to make some changes as something is not right with Croker atm.

The Bronco's who i dont really rate all look muscled up and fit and strong and fast.

Compare that to Turbo, Parker, Garrick, Johns etc.

It was like men vs boys.

Then again, last week a player on one leg, Foz, looked like Wally Lewis against us.
Agree. Parker would have to be one of the least athletic outside backs in the game. Johns is all bone. Turbo lacks power without his full speed and Garrick has gone off the boil for some reason…he looks a yard slower than previous years.

I was far more angry after last weeks game tbh. We were awful handling wise in the first half and lost it then. I actually thought the second half we were the better side. Spine just too clunky to capitalize on the ball we had. I’m now playing the long game with this team. Get Schu and Jake back in, Tom healthier and Koula n co back to full fitness and we will go alright. Look our attack broke the broncs line enough tonight, in fact I think we had more line breaks. Same old issue for mine, we are the most injury prone team in the comp. Get players on the paddock consistently and we’ll beat teams.

Something isn’t right in this playing group. I’m not entirely sure what it is exactly but until someone has the balls to confront the issue these dark days may continue. The roller coaster of being a die hard nrl fan 🥲🦅

I was far more angry after last weeks game tbh. We were awful handling wise in the first half and lost it then. I actually thought the second half we were the better side. Spine just too clunky to capitalize on the ball we had. I’m now playing the long game with this team. Get Schu and Jake back in, Tom healthier and Koula n co back to full fitness and we will go alright. Look our attack broke the broncs line enough tonight, in fact I think we had more line breaks. Same old issue for mine, we are the most injury prone team in the comp. Get players on the paddock consistently and we’ll beat teams.
I don’t think injuries are the problem. Every team has them, it’s just that we follow Manly so we notice when players are out and use it as an excuse. Good sides win when they are decimated with injuries (like the night Souths scraped home against us with a bit part pack of forwards). We will really be a good side when we win regardless of who is out. We are almost at full strength tonight so no excuses.

Well I said the Ponies by 22 so I was pretty close to the mark.

Reynolds was flying out of the line and cutting down the time our backs had. You saw Johns get smashed because he had to turn back inside. The sad part is Reynolds did that all night and no one in our side has enough brains to figure out how to make him pay so he just kept doing it.

We actually had more of a go tonight but we still drop too much ball. And when I say we, I mean Oshay. Send him to NSW Cup until he can complete a match with no errors.

We really didn't look like scoring and the one we did get was ugly. Whoever our attacking coach is needs to hand his paycheck back because our attack has all the potency of non alcoholic beer.

And we play the Gummies next week. Holy crap it'll be a carve up.

Premiership winning roster according to the big man. The last 3 weeks have been beyond hopeless. Nothing in attack or defence.

We are too predictable atm, maybe if we can keep our players on the park we might find some combos but atm everyone is in each others way.

Night to forget yet again.

Something isn’t right in this playing group. I’m not entirely sure what it is exactly but until someone has the balls to confront the issue these dark days may continue. The roller coaster of being a die hard nrl fan 🥲🦅
It’s not a top 4 roster like NRL360 would lead you to believe. No recognised hooker and one of the weakest middle rotations in the league.

In a quad of 30, you’ve got 30 variables. 17 of those variables take the field each week. We are carrying one too many average footballers. Even the good teams have a Brad Parker or a Keppie, but we’ve got lots of them.

Very little effort or application in the first 40 mins and at 20-0 the game is effectively over. 40 minutes of grind and actual effort produces 1 try but not before giving up 2.
Every now and again, they seem to start the game with intensity and can maintain it long enough to have a chance of winning. Most of the time though, they look like they don’t train and can’t be bothered.
I used to get so frustrated and despondent after a loss but now, I’m resigned to it. As awful as it sounds, I don’t actually expect us to win anymore. If they somehow do win, it’s a bonus.

It’s not a top 4 roster like NRL360 would lead you to believe. No recognised hooker and one of the weakest middle rotations in the league.

In a quad of 30, you’ve got 30 variables. 17 of those variables take the field each week. We are carrying one too many average footballers. Even the good teams have a Brad Parker or a Keppie, but we’ve got lots of them.
We have a lot of duds to be honest
Very average roster

If billy walters scores against you, you really are going ****.

Croker and John’s are both terrible.

With cherrys timing perpetually out, Tom’s skills deserting him and these two, we don’t have a quality passing game anywhere in our spine.

Major problem.

Listening to the presser and when asked about our form and play we seem to be praising the broncos and not answering direct questions regarding our teams performance.

Well I want my club back
This is not manly and it's been a complete joke for all year.
Not even trying tonight
I feel very sorry for all club right now because we are not of NRL standard.
Just embarssing watching us tonight.
sadly what I expected but hoped against hope that we would at least turn up!!!!!

I don't think it was effort. We just dropped ball like we were a pub side and our edge defence is totally inept.

I reckon he had a go.... we just had no ball early and our defence is appalling on the edges.

You'd say it's very fixable but we do this more often than not.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7