Post-Game Discussion Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
6 Suncorp Stadium
05 May 2023 20:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Eagles let go of Foran & kept DCE - with DCE on triple the salary of Foran. Success is impossible when 🤡 are steering the ship.
I wouldn't blame DCE. At least he stepped up in the absence of Jake which is something that a number of his fellow teammates did not do. A few of them need a good talking to, and if Siebs is a good coach he will get onto it.

NYEagle

It was unbelievable, look how high the legs are. After the long break it was near a 10mins. The other one that got me was Tuilagi planted the ball playing it, lost ball. Haas planted the ball playing it, penalty broncos
We got sort of thrashed so I haven't weighed in on the injustices yet, but buoyed by some comments now coming out ... how about the blatant forward pass from dummy half that produced a try for the Broncos, ony a minute or so after Croker was pinged for one! (admittedly Crokes's was a shocker)

this is the one! Unless I'm blind etc etc :)

1683520645886.png

1683520779381.png

I
There are some teams (coaches) who have worked out that when speedy play the ball or milking markers doesn't matter, then play the ball with your foot and don't walk off the mark.

Then, when you need a super fast the play the ball, or you see a chance to milk a marker penalty or make a break thru the middle, then that's when you do a super quick roll ball or walk off the mark. The referee in those cases will do nothing.

If like Manly you do the whole thing at snail's pace and do it all the time, the referee will ping you.

Manly needs a Money Ball type nerd who can watch over and over video of all the past few seasons NRL games and do the stats and effects on referees and decisions and what rules are applied etc and when. Then implement those into the team training and game plan.
I agree that some teams do it far better than we do. Cronulla were very effective in showing how it's done when they played us. We could or even should be clever and do the same given the current laxity on this rule by referees, but our lack of speed admittedly makes this difficult. I cringe every time a referee asks a player to move back a few steps to play the ball. I stand by my view, however, that moving off the mark ought to be a penalty as it is effectively grabbing an unfair advantage.

I

I agree that some teams do it far better than we do. Cronulla were very effective in showing how it's done when they played us. We could or even should be clever and do the same given the current laxity on this rule by referees, but our lack of speed admittedly makes this difficult. I cringe every time a referee asks a player to move back a few steps to play the ball. I stand by my view, however, that moving off the mark ought to be a penalty as it is effectively grabbing an unfair advantage.
100% agree. Every time the attack makes a rule breach, the referee makes them take a 'do over'. The defence gets no reward. And when the defence breaks a rule, its always a penlty or six again. They get no second chances.

Whats worse is the mystery 'six again' calls. The 'six again' was meant to replace a penalty. But it seems to me that 'six again' is being called by referees for things that previously they would not have blown a penalty for. It needs to be cut back to what was intended.

The referees are also into compound interest. Once a team gets momentum up, they get more six agains and penalties given to them as the opposition try to crawl back into the contest.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4