Post-Game Discussion Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
6 Suncorp Stadium
05 May 2023 20:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I finally gained some confidence in Tommy in the second half. Whatever Jake said to him at half time definitely did the trick. So there's hope there.

We were way better with Lawton than Croker.

We were better with Burbo than Parker.

Haumole and DCE tried their bums off.

Aloiai must be dropped.He costs us every week.

I don't think it was effort. We just dropped ball like we were a pub side and our edge defence is totally inept.

I reckon he had a go.... we just had no ball early and our defence is appalling on the edges.

You'd say it's very fixable but we do this more often than not.
Ps in no Universe were the Broncos great tonight so if Seibold is saying that the he's talking out of his a**

Joke of a press conference as well!

seibs sits there and says it was a great effort in the second

fuk off ya plonked the game was well over by then
I predicted that when I was watching the second half. I think he did the same after the Panthers game. Wish a Manly supporting journo (probably not one) would just ask: What's the point of that?

I predicted that when I was watching the second half. I think he did the same after the Panthers game. Wish a Manly supporting journo (probably not one) would just ask: What's the point of that?
yep same! it’s been the same with every loss and the draw

patehtic

Bellamy is one of the only coaches who will give an honest assessment and give his team a spray... he has authority.

Sadly Our coach exudes zero authority and says nothing and seems to stand for nothing. Not saying he can't coach and hope he can turn it around but geez he seems Vanilla to me.

I don’t think injuries are the problem. Every team has them, it’s just that we follow Manly so we notice when players are out and use it as an excuse. Good sides win when they are decimated with injuries (like the night Souths scraped home against us with a bit part pack of forwards). We will really be a good side when we win regardless of who is out. We are almost at full strength tonight so no excuses.
I get it and actually said the same in another post re closeness to full strength. But our spine has been a hobbled mess this season. We have had no consistent in the spine or backs all year. And I don’t mean minor outs. We are playing players like Johns and Harper and Tui who are just not grade standard. When we played Souths they still had Cook, Murray, Keon, burgess, illias, Walker, and Latrell. Full spine in tact which they’ve had pretty well all year like the broncs. Injuries are a big f$&@en problem with this club imo.

I actually thought Seibold looked a little lost at the presser, like he did not have the answers to what just happened.

He usually speaks with confidence about our direction or ways to improve but that was not there tonight.

Interesting...
I think he was pissed off after such a disgraceful 1st half.

Well we knew without Jake it was going to be bad but I thought we would at least have a dig but obviously it’s to much to ask from this side…what makes it worse is our middle were beaten badly…we are thin for quality props we have Paseka Jake that are worthy then Aloiai Bullemor Sipley Keppie and the phantom with the goat photos himself Boyle..and we give away 2 young potentially good props to add Woods and re sign Boyle and these decisions were made from a coach who says Parker and Johns have been solid

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 6
Broncos: 32

344761943_989546375729053_9217118955342077448_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

344384596_1029728774668520_4850228178652439325_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

giphy1.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Fatty blows up over 'awful' Manly move

Press Print & Video Articles:

Couldn’t play worse’: Vautin shreds Manly

Magic Round mauling: Broncos’ hat-trick hero stuns Manly again

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

No Manly Players face NRL Judiciary Charges this week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we knew without Jake it was going to be bad but I thought we would at least have a dig but obviously it’s to much to ask from this side…what makes it worse is our middle were beaten badly…we are thin for quality props we have Paseka Jake that are worthy then Aloiai Bullemor Sipley Keppie and the phantom with the goat photos himself Boyle..and we give away 2 young potentially good props to add Woods and re sign Boyle and these decisions were made from a coach who says Parker and Johns have been solid
Parker is solid. He is a good defensive player who never shirks the hit ups. He'll never be an attacking centre but, at full strength, we have sufficient such other attacking players in our backline to be a winning team. Unfortunately our two most dynamic attackers are The Shoe and Turbo who are MIA.
Johns is not a First Grader. The backline doesn't function with him at 5/8. Perhaps now that we've reached the magical 11th round when players outside the top 30 can be considered we'll have an alternative 5/8 until The Shoe returns.

I get it and actually said the same in another post re closeness to full strength. But our spine has been a hobbled mess this season. We have had no consistent in the spine or backs all year. And I don’t mean minor outs. We are playing players like Johns and Harper and Tui who are just not grade standard. When we played Souths they still had Cook, Murray, Keon, burgess, illias, Walker, and Latrell. Full spine in tact which they’ve had pretty well all year like the broncs. Injuries are a big f$&@en problem with this club imo.
Can anybody tell me why did Manly go into this game without a 5/8??

Not sure why but it's pretty clear Manly did not handle the pressure of the big occasion.
Couldn't complete a set! And it wasn't only one or two players, there were quite a few sharing the bloopers around.
If you give one of the top sides that much possession of course they will eventually run in a few tries.

So why was Manly so jittery? What happened to the steely mindset they showed weeks ago v Storm Dogs Souths and Eels?
I don't get it. But we need that steely mindset back. Asap (if not sooner)

Parker is solid. He is a good defensive player who never shirks the hit ups. He'll never be an attacking centre but, at full strength, we have sufficient such other attacking players in our backline to be a winning team. Unfortunately our two most dynamic attackers are The Shoe and Turbo who are MIA.
Johns is not a First Grader. The backline doesn't function with him at 5/8. Perhaps now that we've reached the magical 11th round when players outside the top 30 can be considered we'll have an alternative 5/8 until The Shoe returns.
Parker is solid? Wow.

I still don’t think Parker would be a starter for any other team..very average at best

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4