Post-Game Discussion Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
6 Suncorp Stadium
05 May 2023 20:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

You seem to be trying to be a bigger Schu hater than Tootsie.
I don’t hate the individual. I hate the behaviour he has turned up with for 2023. Gave a lot of lip service and PR about how he was putting in because the new year moving into 5/8 meant so much to him. Assuming he got himself healthy and fit over the off-season, the first injury and he has just dropped his bundle. Big talk, but actions revealed something different. That’s not personal and I hope he learns and comes back stronger… but I’m not about to make excuses for his plonker behaviour. This club invested and believed heavily in him.

Our right side defence was just in tatters all night. Never numbered up. The same issue doesn’t exist on the left.

DCE topping the tackle count might be a part of that.

But I think Guacamole might need further attention when it comes to the problem with that right edge. For a backrower FMD He’s seems to spend a lot of time out on the right wing.

In some potential good news it is round 11 next week so development players are supposedly eligible to play first grade. Good timing after Croker came up with more errors than runs tonight. We are ****ed anyway but hopefully Seibold realises this and gives us something to look forward to

We were way better with Lawton than Croker.

We were better with Burbo than Parker.

Haumole and DCE tried their bums off.

Aloiai must be dropped. He costs us every week.
All valid points, spot on.

The worst for me was Aloiai losing the ball at least 3 times and all at crucial stages, which killed any momentum or go forward.

The fact that DCE topped the tackles doesn't say much for the forwards, who you'd expect to step up and do Jake's work. DCE has enough to do without having to do the forwards' defensive work as well.

A nice little (and only) highlight was Burbo scoring a try off Turbo's pass.

Please can we have no more 'home' games vs the Broncs at Suncorp, what a joke.

I get rather bored saying it over and again. If you dont have a creative organiser at 5/8 you dont have a constructive attack. DCE is excellent in what he does but he's not an organiser, he's an individualist and damn good at it. Its been evident with this team for years that we've been without an organiser with the only bright light being the one season Blake Green so many years ago. Schuster has his issues and I hope he's sorting them out because as I see it he is the only answer to that problem at present. Our back line is being neutered through predictable service. Johns, Croker far too predictable. Weekes, more development needed. Latu, more development needed. But both could solve the problem also but not yet. And yes young Chan must be given a chance at hooker, though he needs to come off the bench for a while.

All valid points, spot on.

The worst for me was Aloiai losing the ball at least 3 times and all at crucial stages, which killed any momentum or go forward.

The fact that DCE topped the tackles doesn't say much for the forwards, who you'd expect to step up and do Jake's work. DCE has enough to do without having to do the forwards' defensive work as well.

A nice little (and only) highlight was Burbo scoring a try off Turbo's pass.

Please can we have no more 'home' games vs the Broncs at Suncorp, what a joke.

Parker at lock.

I was really unlucky tonight to have a virtual front row seat in row 1 behind the posts in the manly supporters Bay.

The main takeaway from watching the boys close up.

1. I'm not sure what Josh droppyhands role really is. Bad coaching decision must be at play here. He's useless as a link man. Drops way too many balls and any attack just dies in the middle.
2. Cooper johns is very Mediocre. We have nothing down that edge.
3. Tommy still looks cooked. Tried hard but just looks tired all the time. Walsh on the other hand was electric.
4. I'm a huge DCE supporter but he's really is too quiet to be captain. Hardly said a word out there. We need Jake to bark orders with passion.
5. I miss Foran. His direct play and game knowledge was so underappreciated. I too had hoped shoe would flourish but looks like a really bad decision now.
6.seibold isn't the Man. We had no structure or cohesion at all. So much ball in that second half on the line and Nada.

Foran was predictable and it showed with Manly's back line performances. Like Croker, he tried his heart out but he wasnt creating opportunities. Schuster as I said has played only a hand full of 5/8 games ( 4 or 5 I think) and in most of them he's been one of the stars. His last effort, he was obviously injured, but also surprisingly unfit given the effort he put in over the summer months. Another notable problem with this Manly side is their defense. Not sure what the defensive coach is doing because except for the Storm game they are averaging over 30 missed tackles a game (38 this one). Cant win when you do defend .

I was really unlucky tonight to have a virtual front row seat in row 1 behind the posts in the manly supporters Bay.

The main takeaway from watching the boys close up.

1. I'm not sure what Josh droppyhands role really is. Bad coaching decision must be at play here. He's useless as a link man. Drops way too many balls and any attack just dies in the middle.
2. Cooper johns is very Mediocre. We have nothing down that edge.
3. Tommy still looks cooked. Tried hard but just looks tired all the time. Walsh on the other hand was electric.
4. I'm a huge DCE supporter but he's really is too quiet to be captain. Hardly said a word out there. We need Jake to bark orders with passion.
5. I miss Foran. His direct play and game knowledge was so underappreciated. I too had hoped shoe would flourish but looks like a really bad decision now.
6.seibold isn't the Man. We had no structure or cohesion at all. So much ball in that second half on the line and Nada.
Interesting about DCE being quiet.
Wonder if that was partly due to being exhausted from trying to do everything else.

Still can't believe his forwards left him to make so many tackles. Even if the Broncos were directing traffic at him they should have protected their halfback!

Add to that he was the only player giving us attacking opportunities no wonder that was a disaster of a game.

Foran was predictable and it showed with Manly's back line performances. Like Croker, he tried his heart out but he wasnt creating opportunities. Schuster as I said has played only a hand full of 5/8 games ( 4 or 5 I think) and in most of them he's been one of the stars. His last effort, he was obviously injured, but also surprisingly unfit given the effort he put in over the summer months. Another notable problem with this Manly side is their defense. Not sure what the defensive coach is doing because except for the Storm game they are averaging over 30 missed tackles a game (38 this one). Cant win when you do defend .
The defence coach is Seibold.

Unfortunately you can be an absolute superstar but if you are hardly on the pitch it means very little.

At this very point I'd take foran. If and when the shoe is killing it I'm sure I can eat my words but at the moment.........

Interesting about DCE being quiet.
Wonder if that was partly due to being exhausted from trying to do everything else.

Still can't believe his forwards left him to make so many tackles. Even if the Broncos were directing traffic at him they should have protected their halfback!

Add to that he was the only player giving us attacking opportunities no wonder that was a disaster of a game.
He looked chatty when in general play but very quiet in the many post bronco try huddles. Perhaps that's just Jake's role?

I actually thought Seibold looked a little lost at the presser, like he did not have the answers to what just happened.

He usually speaks with confidence about our direction or ways to improve but that was not there tonight.

Interesting...
Hi looked clueless ........

Unless Jake has a miraculous recovery and is back next week, by the time origin comes around DCE will be too exhausted to play it...
DCE could not have tried any harder. Sadly, in terms of enthusiasm, he stood out from most of the team. Confused, dispirited and completely outplayed just about sums it up.

Well we knew without Jake it was going to be bad but I thought we would at least have a dig but obviously it’s to much to ask from this side…what makes it worse is our middle were beaten badly…we are thin for quality props we have Paseka Jake that are worthy then Aloiai Bullemor Sipley Keppie and the phantom with the goat photos himself Boyle..and we give away 2 young potentially good props to add Woods and re sign Boyle and these decisions were made from a coach who says Parker and Johns have been solid
Yep, we give away 2 young potentially good props to add Woods to our roster and let Moses Suli go to St. George. The Saints hierarchy must be thankful we are a recognised charity.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8