Manly V Bronco's Rnd 1 Game Day Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reading the Broncos forum at LU it seems in a couple of posts they are expecting to dominate in the forwards. I'd guess this is a bit of a concern as our halves and backs should be more successful than theirs but we do have a few question marks in the forwards.

Watmough is a concern- not in his quality but in how many minutes we'll get from him due to the injury. Lawrence looked solid in the trials and Horo has good wraps but both haven't set the world on fire in NRL games in the past. We might be relying on Kite to make a lot of metres here.

Having said that, it is an awesome opportunity for both Lawrence and Horo and perhaps this is the perfect time for them to prove their worth and earn regular slots when King and Stewart return.

i love the idea of Fa'aoso and Joe coming in to the attack as a few defenders will start to tire. Both know how to go forward with sting, so if our starters lay the platform, these guys can keep it going. Need to stay injury free though up front for it to be effective as all these guys are good in bursts, but may struggle impact wise if they have to be out on the field too long covering for someone. and our second rowers are more moulded for that position rather than being the hit up dogs. That said though, our depth in that dept. is better than the last few seasons and i think we're solid in the go forward stakes. depth along should force those in the position first up to really work to hold there spot if others are knocking at the door.

We may have players out but we have no weaknesses . We have a very strong squad led by the most inspiring captain Jamie Lyon. The Broncos should be ****ting themselves .

A better question is who will handle slippery conditions better.

The weather forecast suggests "sun with the occasional showers"...well if today is an example that will be about 2 x 5 minute periods of sun and about 20 x 5 minute showers.

I am hoping for no rain on the night BUT despite Sunnycorp having great drainage, the grass could be pretty slippery!!

RE: Round 1 2013 Team

Peter C said:
KaZa said:
he didnt do that new surgery that heals quicker did he?
I doubt it, the new technique is not really recommended, it's only used by players in the final season of their careers who can't really afford the recuperative period.

Wolfie said that he has "someone else's" tibia on the Footy Show last year.
So it is the cadaver option where the bone graft being rejected is the only problem. The actual ACL is pristine.
Stitching up a worn ligament is the option that results in the Player tearing it again.

He also went on a raw food regime and took up yoga to get his body fit and firing.

Hope that the Donor gets to play their part in the 2013 GF :angel:

wolfie scored two beautiful tries back to back last year at Suncorp.
The last one being the ultimate match winner:rolleyes:

Those attending please note that the game starts 7:05 in QLD and 8:05 in NSW.

It's better to watch it in NSW, more time to get home from work and have a beer or 3 first. The downside is, however, my curtains are fading at a higher rate than those in Qld.

Shoe1 said:
It's better to watch it in NSW, more time to get home from work and have a beer or 3 first. The downside is, however, my curtains are fading at a higher rate than those in Qld.

lol, And your cows are producing sour milk.

I can pick both qld channel 9. And nth nsw 9 so I can watch either delayed game after The Block.

RE: Round 1 2013 Team

HappilyManly said:

He also went on a raw food regime and took up yoga to get his body fit and firing.
He's a zen werewolf. I hope he howls in victory on Friday night.

susan said:
One of the many advantages Mark!

We have to have a beer Susan, maybe 23rd March you going???

Mick QLD promised the same too, so we have to get together and " chew the fat", interested.

for sure mate.im going to knights game in Sydney and probably got a corporate box for the titans game.happy to have a beer prior to game.where you going to be?

Mark from Brisbane said:
manlyfan76 said:
I can pick both qld channel 9. And nth nsw 9 so I can watch either delayed game after The Block.

The advantages of living on the coast!

I'm sure there are people that believe living in Bris has its advantages but having worked up there before I know they are wrong.

susan said:
for sure mate.im going to knights game in Sydney and probably got a corporate box for the titans game.happy to have a beer prior to game.where you going to be?

Our group will be at Robina Tavern, that's the ideal spot, I'll invite Mick as well he lives sort of down that way

If Horo plays like he did a couple of years ago and Lawrence keeps going well they are good enough to be starting players in most NRL teams. So far it seems that the change of club has really done them good. Our overall pack this year is very strong, we have 4 seasoned pigs (Kite, King, Rose, & Fa'aoso) NRL experience in back upwith a couple of younger guys nipping at their heals, good balanced back row with 3 representative players (Gift, Choc, Buhrer) plus NRL experienced back up (Galuvao, Horo, Gower, Symonds) and youngsters trying to break in (Chee-kam, Sene-Lefao) and Lawton as depth at hooker as well.

We havn't had that spread for a long time.

Even with Gift and King out its a good solid pack and that bench is huge.

That depth means that players won't need to play through injury anymore. Therefore no stress injury either. Hopefully having more players and experience will translate into less injury and having a top flight team on the park more often.

I may get howled down here, but we will miss She-Rex in attack....not that he was brialliant (on occasions he was), but he did take some stopping. In defence he was liability in most occasions, so what we loose on the swing we gain on the roundabout BUT I think he will be missed.

I think we can "talk up" our pack as much as we like BUT the bookies (and they are rarely wrong) have the Bronco's as favourites and possibly for good reason....home ground and better forwards.

Gifty being out is a big loss.

I hope I am wrong but we may well struggle the first 3 or 4 games until the newbies gel.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8