Manly V Bronco's Rnd 1 Game Day Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@WackosWhispers
@berkeley_eagle @NeilEvansmail B.Stewart 50/50, maybe Neil can confirm 100% he will play

RE: Round 1 2013

Not a worry mate, I have asked the Mods to merge.

Just seems silly to have two threads going that have exactly the same reason for being there

Thread closed as we already have a game day thread

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Personally I prefer the team naming to have it's own topic rather than wading through the Game day thread that starts a week before game day so fine with me faithful :p

Don't know much about Sene-Lafao

Not many comments during the trial threads either...fair few about Hiku but none I can remember about Gower.

Symonds not named either (which does not surprise me)

@tabcomau
$15,000 @ $1.70 on @brisbanebroncos (now $1.65) v @manlyseaeagles ($2.25) in #nrlbriman on Friday night. #TABBigBets (@bendorries)

@tabcomau
$10,000 #NRL Multi @ $2.63 on @brisbanebroncos (v @manlyseaeagles) and @NRLKnights (v @Wests_Tigers). #TABBigBets #nrlbriman #nrlnewwst

I'm just hoping I get to the see the game !! Things not looking that promising right now with the NRL rights in NZ, hope they sort it ASAP !!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
@tabcomau
$15,000 @ $1.70 on @brisbanebroncos (now $1.65) v @manlyseaeagles ($2.25) in #nrlbriman on Friday night. #TABBigBets (@bendorries)

@tabcomau
$10,000 #NRL Multi @ $2.63 on @brisbanebroncos (v @manlyseaeagles) and @NRLKnights (v @Wests_Tigers). #TABBigBets #nrlbriman #nrlnewwst

Fairly strong underdogs as well.... and if the betting is anything to go by we are doomed!!

In number order

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Brenton Lawrence
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brent Kite
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Justin Horo
13 Jamie Buhrer

Interchange
14 Ritchie Fa'aoso
15 Joe Galuvao
16 David Gower
17 Jesse Sene-Lefao
19 Peter Hiku
22 George Rose

Coach: Geoff Toovey

Pardon my ignorance but who is Jesse Sene-lefao covering for?

Looks a strong team to me. How the Boncos are favourites is staggering. Misguided fools!

Backrow

Highly rated from the panthers i believe.

Good to see him rewarded as i hear he performed well in the trials.

I'd say he will play as he is more the mobile wide running forward as opposed to Galuvao, Rose, Fa'aoso and Gower who are more up the middle types. Gower or Rose to drop off imo

From our pr bloke Neil Evans regarding Brett

@NeilEvansmail
@WackosWhispers @berkeley_eagle He's in the team, and we're fully expecting him to play .. came thru a good session yesterday! #snake

Our competition for those interested.

Broncos
1 Corey Norman
2 Josh Hoffman
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Scott Prince
7 Peter Wallace
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Sam Thaiday (c)
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker

Interchange
14 Ben Hunt
15 Ben Hannant
16 Mitchell Dodds
17 David Stagg
18 Scott Anderson

Coach: Anthony Griffin

I watched the trial at Fingal Bay and Gower was heavily involved but as I said in my comments on the trial, he takes the ball to the line hard but didn't break the line many times, if at all, but he s a good ball distributor. He's a big unit, in the Kennedy mould, but a fair way off the quality. However, I was impressed with his ball playing ability but not with his inability to break the line. Defensively he's good.

Jesse Sene-Lefao definitely played right centre in the first half of the trial at Fingal Bay and Tonga replaced him at half time (also scored a try). I was sitting straight behind the bench and not knowing who he was I checked out the NRL squad and was surprised he played centre (given he's listed as a backrower), so he's good cover for both forwards and backs. He's got good pace and is a big unit, in the Hodges mould. I think you'll see a lot more of him in the side this year, given his apparent versatility. It makes sense he played at centre because he was a winger at Penrith at younger years and then bulked up and they put him in the backrow, but he was listed as both a centre and second-rower with Windsor Wolves last year.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Lawrence play.

Given the pace of the guys on the bench, I think what Choc was referring to in his interview at people being surprised at the bench, is the speed we'll have this year, which should be good, particularly in the kick-chase.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7