Manly V Bronco's Rnd 1 Game Day Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Overall head to head
Manly 18> Bronx 17
At Suncorp bongos 8> Manly 7
If we win tonight we will be 19-17 overall and even at Suncorp. Not bad stats.

The first bright sunny day in a month today, it's an omen!!

(Although it's still forecast for showers later in the day).....it can't not rain in a day up here, unheard of really!!

All the best boys its a long season and just build on whatever happens tonight. We where down on trial form against the Roosters and the Sharks but I have faith old heads will get us home against the Broncos.

Hope they sort this Taufua stuff out, otherwise who would be in for him, Hiku / Farrar anyone else??

Mark from Brisbane said:
Hope they sort this Taufua stuff out, otherwise who would be in for him, Hiku / Farrar anyone else??

Cleared to play apparently in other thread

New sign at Suncorp
Thanks to Nate from @twileague

Attachments

• image.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 13
just wished a 'win tonight' to Choc,Foz and Hiku in Queen Street Mall:)
All look relaxed and lean- Donny must have built them for speed this year.

Manly 13+ :angel:

Probably my last post before the game as going down now to meet the MWTS who are in the Mall, have some lunch and then head over to set up my Function and then on to Brookvale North for the big game.

LOADS of fans in town, jerseys everywhere, everyone pumped all we need now is for the boys to perform to their peak.

Wont be an easy game at all, Bronco's are very much the favourites with the bookies, and rightly so for a few reasons BUT "we are Manly"...and we "never give up" so as long as they have this attitude going into tonight then anything is possible, remember last year with the Wolfman scoring in the last 20 seconds.

Fingers crossed Silvertails!!

And most of all GO MANLY

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Queen street mall locked down with a gunman on the loose i just heard on the news

Incredible, the missus and I were just there having lunch!

HappilyManly said:
just wished a 'win tonight' to Choc,Foz and Hiku in Queen Street Mall:)
All look relaxed and lean- Donny must have built them for speed this year.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Queen street mall locked down with a gunman on the loose i just heard on the news

Happily Manly.....could you please confirm the following:

a) Are you shirtless and wearing shorts & runners only?
b) do you currently have a crazed look in your eye?
c) are you holding what appears to be a small firearm in your right hand?
d) do you have a sense of the world closing in or being surrounded?

My jersey is being hekd hostage at my hotel Chifley!
Saw the Cop cars sirens going as I was walking to New Farm.

Now on my 2nd margarita as the buses can not go to City. Smoke BBQ has saved me for another Manly victory:p

Battery going, Ill be the Manly Fan in Bay 640-ticketek emailed me that it starts earlier at 7:00

Maaanly!
PS they just got him

Sam Thaiday has gone postal.

Looks like the cops have sorted him though.

with a metal injection

From NRL site - last time they played:

Devastating attack from Jamie Lyon and Brett Stewart paved the way for the Sea Eagles’ comfortable 16-6 victory over Brisbane at Brookvale Oval in Round 25 last season.

Three tries inside the opening half hour rocketed the Sea Eagles to an unassailable 16-nil lead before a last-gasp try to Alex Glenn salvaged some respectability for the Broncos.

Lyon was in blistering form, taking on the line from close range to score out wide in the 17th minute and also handing off a crisp inside pass to Brett Stewart to score on the right edge with 29 minutes gone.

In between Stewart teamed with five-eighth Kieran Foran, retrieving a deft chip kick to slice between the Broncos’ last defenders on the left fringe to make it 10-nil inside 20 minutes.

Brisbane had no answer to the rampaging Sea Eagles, who completed 83 per cent of their sets, carved out five line-breaks to one and ran 30 more times for a 270-metre territorial advantage on the night.

Brett Stewart made a game-high seven tackle-breaks and two line-breaks, while winger Jorge Taufua ran for 188 metres.

For Brisbane, centre Justin Hodges was forceful out of dummy-half and also out wide, making a game-high 188 metres. Andrew McCullough and Corey Parker were tireless in defence, making 52 and 51 tackles respectively.
_
More of the same tonight boys!

Corey Norman must have wanted people to remember that he is the next Lockyer today in the Queen St. Mall.

Hang on a minute - are Channel Nein showing this on a ONE-HOUR delay? NRL site has kickoff at 7.05 (8.05 non-Queensland time); Nein are showing it at 9.05. What gives?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8