Manly V Bronco's Rnd 1 Game Day Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Round 1 2013 Team

That has to be one of the weakest Donkeys sides I've seen named over the last 25 years.

They've got a quality pack, with Hannant and Stagg on the bench.

It'll be close either way.

The Who said:
Pardon my ignorance but who is Jesse Sene-lefao covering for?

Looks a strong team to me. How the Boncos are favourites is staggering. Misguided fools!

No surprise to see JSL in the squad, he was one of our best @ Bluetongue v Roosters. He would be cover for any of our backrowers, maybe Horo or Choc will get a rest either side of halftime.
Hiku probably on standby for Wolf.
Broncs are favourites most likely because all the experts are worried at our lack of depth with King and Gift out. Time for these guys to step up and prove themselves.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
NSW CUP

Manly Sea Eagles Vs Auckland Vulcans
Brookvale Oval, Saturday, March 9
Kick-off: 3.00pm
Referee: Liam Nicholls

1. Dom Nasso
2. Michael Chapman
3. Ben Farrar
4. Esi Tonga
5. Jacob Gagan
6. Jason Seage
7. Dane Chisholm
8. James Cunningham
9. Kayne Lawton
10. Ligi Sao
11. Michael Chee Kam
12. Tom Symonds
13. Nick Skinner
14. Liam Higgins
15. James Hassom
16. Justin Lemalu
17. Magnus Stromquist

COACH: Luke Williamson

firechild said:
That has to be one of the weakest Donkeys sides I've seen named over the last 25 years.

you serious? Looks pretty strong to me. One or two no name players.. but they will look at ours and think the same. Even most of our fans wont have seen much of Gower and Sene-Lefao.

I would imagine Hiku is covering Brett as he had a hamstring problem. Rose most likely to play and Gower to drop off i think.

Shall be interesting.

Mark from Brisbane said:
This is where they are weakest,

1. Corey Norman...lacklustre in attack
2. Josh Hoffman...out of position
3. Jack Reed....strong needs to be watched
4. Justin Hodges...a "cat" and runs mostly from dummy half
5. Lachlan Maranta..rookie, and will be under pressure
6. Scott Prince...time will tell
7. Peter Wallace...hasn't been the same as when Lockyer was in control

Their forwards however are pretty good and do have Hannant / Stagg (both highly experienced) off the bench

Tough game which is why I think only 4 points will seperate

Fortunately we have a great record up here at Suncorp in recent years and strong devensive centres. I think you're off the mark with your rating of Hodges though Mark. If he's fit I think you'll find plenty of their attack going in his direction because he is one of their few backs that can genuinely create something. As promising as Reed may be he's a long way from being in Hodges class.

Chee Kam and Sao mustn't have shown enough and start the year with the reggies. Lot of hype about these two, hope they don't go missing.

and it's good to see David Gower go from also ran English cricket captain to bustling Manly rugby league player. Good for him.

I'm excited already.:)

Can't believe that Wolfie is in - he is a freak Man Wolf DNA for sure :heart:

Loved that Buhrer got his chance finally.:angel:

Met Jesse at the Fan Day and the boy is a very smiley Giant!

3 more sleeps and the Sea Eagle is Unleashed:exclamation:
[attachment=357]

Wow not a bad side I didn't think that Snake, Jorge and Wolfie would be right for round 1.
I hope players aren't rushed in prematurely and then sit on the sidelines for most of the year.

HappilyManly said:

Wolfman being in is the biggest surprise, it takes about six months to recover from an ACL, and I don't mean match fitness either, I thought at least another 4-6 weeks

Peter C said:
HappilyManly said:

Wolfman being in is the biggest surprise, it takes about six months to recover from an ACL, and I don't mean match fitness either, I thought at least another 4-6 weeks

Was it a full acl or a two or one? I'd love him to score another match winner again

Iwas under the impression it was a full ACL, it's been nearly seven months now, so perhaps he is ready, I hope so.

The hype was from here I believe

One year out of Toyota cup , they need time. One thing we have been food at for years is not rushing players

KaZa said:
he didnt do that new surgery that heals quicker did he?
I doubt it, the new technique is not really recommended, it's only used by players in the final season of their careers who can't really afford the recuperative period.

Pittwater Legend said:
Chee Kam is still pretty raw. Didn't he also suffer a leg injury in the pre-season?

He didn't play in a trial game so Tooves is obviously going to give him a few runs in Reggies before considering him for the NRL team.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6