Manly V Bronco's Rnd 1 Game Day Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Mark from Brisbane said:
I may get howled down here, but we will miss She-Rex in attack....not that he was brialliant (on occasions he was), but he did take some stopping. In defence he was liability in most occasions, so what we loose on the swing we gain on the roundabout BUT I think he will be missed.

I think we can "talk up" our pack as much as we like BUT the bookies (and they are rarely wrong) have the Bronco's as favourites and possibly for good reason....home ground and better forwards.

Gifty being out is a big loss.

I hope I am wrong but we may well struggle the first 3 or 4 games until the newbies gel.

I agree. To compound it further, they typically start fast and us slow.

Brissie Kid said:
George Rose is an old school type front rower. Can't expect much from him this side of Anzac Day.

The trouble with George is that I don't expect much from him after Anzac day.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Looking forward to watching the game & not yelling "have a go you big lazy Prick"

Exactly. He was so frustrating. He either has a small ticker, lazy or simply should be played in short bursts.
He is the only Manly player I can think of in recent times that I've questioned his passion for the team. But, as I suspect, he is not an endurance player and should come off the bench for impact. Then take him off when the team needs some defence.

The Who said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Looking forward to watching the game & not yelling "have a go you big lazy Prick"

Exactly. He was so frustrating. He either has a small ticker, lazy or simply should be played in short bursts.
He is the only Manly player I can think of in recent times that I've questioned his passion for the team. But, as I suspect, he is not an endurance player and should come off the bench for impact. Then take him off when the team needs some defence.

Which is how Ha$ler played him and I think will play him this year.

I think he's got a pea heart and is only good for for a couple of 15 minute stints.

He may well be the buy of the year for the Bulldogs...sadly for us!!

Brisbane into 1.55 with Munsie's mob.He blithered something about injuries.That price is ridiculous given our record up there and their average team.The only way to make sense of it is if they know bullet is out,otherwise it is ridiculous.

Berkeley_Eagle said:

i can stop pointing towards the other team and yelling "that way you idiot" or "for f#%s sake run hard"

The Wolfman has had a horror run of injuries and it's great to see him back.

Lets hope his knee has healed and he is 100 % fit. We don't want him injuring himself again like he did while warming up for the first game of the season in 2010.

Bookies may know something but i did read elsewhere there were some big bets on Brisbane which also saw them come in.

Bookies weren't even close with the tigpies last year so they do get it wrong

I heard there were some really big bets on the Donkeys, so that might explain why it's a bit short.

I also think they reckon the following

1) We are without She Rex and Lussick, 2 "strong" performers in 2012
2) We have newbies (even though two have a fair bit of First Grade experience).
3) They are at home, in front of a big crowd.
4) Traditionally they start very strong and we are the opposite (bar 2012).

I don't know about Snake BUT that would make a big difference as well

Rugby league will be the winner.

Hopefully some good footy and forget about the drug dramas.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I may get howled down here, but we will miss She-Rex in attack....not that he was brialliant (on occasions he was), but he did take some stopping. In defence he was liability in most occasions, so what we loose on the swing we gain on the roundabout BUT I think he will be missed.

I think we can "talk up" our pack as much as we like BUT the bookies (and they are rarely wrong) have the Bronco's as favourites and possibly for good reason....home ground and better forwards.

Gifty being out is a big loss.

I hope I am wrong but we may well struggle the first 3 or 4 games until the newbies gel.

Jeez mate you're sounding like me BUT I have to agree. I think we will really struggle tomorrow. I'm thinking we might cop a bit of a flogging actually.
Gotta be doubt on Snake, Wolf, Choc. No Gift, Shedog and Kingy. What I will say is if we do stand up and win tomorrow it will be enormous for our season prospects.

Shame we didn't have the Roosters 1st up. They were rubbish for 65min tonight. Still we usually match up well with the Ponies & they have a few injuries of their own which is good news.

Carn Manly!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10